Surprising amount of stock at Brownhills today (1 Viewer)

Stanthevan

Free Member
Jul 26, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore
Just been to Brownhills to drop of Motorhome, and I couldn’t believe just how much stock they have! I know it’s a slow time of year but even so…
Anyone noticed the same at other dealers.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Just been to Brownhills to drop of Motorhome, and I couldn’t believe just how much stock they have! I know it’s a slow time of year but even so…
Anyone noticed the same at other dealers.
Yes.... when I passed BC Motorhomes in Ayr yesterday their forecourt was full of vans!!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
4 Front Motorhomes just up the road from me was absolutely choc-a-bloc yesterday - well over 100 there. Many without price banners so I wonder if some are just there for winter storage.
Here's a library shot which gives an idea of the size of the site........

1706548135080.png

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Do you think a lot of it stems from people buying in COVID and now finding it isn't really what they thought it was going to be and getting rid.
Just one example - When I called at my son's today I mentioned that his neighbour's 2yr old Chausson motorhome, bought during Covid, wasn't in their drive. He said they discovered that motorhoming wasn't for them and they sold it a couple of weeks ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Dealers I have spoken to say they are still selling well, but then they always say that. We should get about 20 Funsters to keep an eye of one particular dealer each and once a month report on forecourt numbers. They could prove to be interesting numbers and be a good indicator of deals that might be available.

If you want Volunteer, shout up and name a dealer you want to monitor. (y). I will knock up a form that will dump the results straight into a spreadsheet in a subscribers only forum. I don't think you need to actually visit the dealer, just a survey of their website will probably be enough.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just one example - When I called at my son's today I mentioned that his neighbour's 2yr old Chausson motorhome, bought during Covid, wasn't in their drive. He said they discovered that motorhoming wasn't for them and they sold it a couple of weeks ago.
These sort of buyers would have been far better off with a cheap van, to try it out, something that wouldn't hurt left on the drive no worries about scratches and that instead of a big drag on their finances every month, if they had of had a cheapy they might still be in to it.

Aug 2, 2023
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL
Exp
VW T6 & tents.
These sort of buyers would have been far better off with a cheap van, to try it out, something that wouldn't hurt left on the drive no worries about scratches and that instead of a big drag on their finances every month, if they had of had a cheapy they might still be in to it.
Perhaps, but if they were buying 2 years ago then there might not have been much choice.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Dealers I have spoken to say they are still selling well, but then they always say that. We should get about 20 Funsters to keep an eye of one particular dealer each and once a month report on forecourt numbers. They could prove to be interesting numbers and be a good indicator of deals that might be available.

If you want Volunteer, shout up and name a dealer you want to monitor. (y). I will knock up a form that will dump the results straight into a spreadsheet in a subscribers only forum. I don't think you need to actually visit the dealer, just a survey of their website will probably be enough.
Jim,
would be happy to do that but alas NO local dealers, (wiltshire motorhomes are by appointment only and stock yard not visible)

Good idea to actually see how the market looks

Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640
The retail price index has increased by 30% in the last 4 years, Motorhomes, Caravans Boats etc have gone up like everything else. I was looking to buy pre-covid and the dealers were falling over themselves to offer discounts and free extras. I guess we are just now getting back to a normal market in-line with the current state of the economy- cash is King again !

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Jim

If it works, maybe split the reporting into new and used units and the used ones by year.

Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Prices are ludicrous been looking at vans . But premium vans are 40k plus for something 15 years old. And alot are disappointing on the inside unloved and well used. So no thanks when I bought my premium 10 year old van it was half as much and wages certainly haven't doubled.

Alot to be said still for converting your own

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We came past Timberland last weekend and forecourt was packed. There were some vans parked on the grass outside.

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
My own survey of total motor homes for sale on Autotrader for three make’s between June and December.

Carthago. 88. 124. +41%

Chausson. 180. 252. +40%

Burstner. 250. 342. +56%

Some adverts are for future new models but I think the numbers give a good indication of the state of the market. If you look closer there are lots of new motorhomes for sale.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
We're looking to change at the moment, but the issue is that dealers have very little stock of the vans we are interested in, their adverts are for deliveries not necessarily for stock, so trying to see a new one is almost impossible, this time we are determined that we will buy what we want, not just what they have in stock.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
My own survey of total motor homes for sale on Autotrader for three make’s between June and December.

Carthago. 88. 124. +41%

Chausson. 180. 252. +40%

Burstner. 250. 342. +56%

Some adverts are for future new models but I think the numbers give a good indication of the state of the market. If you look closer there are lots of new motorhomes for sale.
Do you think tgat could be a seasonal thing rather than market forces? It would be more if a comparison comparing June 23 with June 24.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back