Stupid Stickers (1 Viewer)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Should I put them on or not ! Will be travelling through France late May early June going near Bordeaux and maybe a couple of towns/city but not going into them with the van if I can help it , I will be stopping on sites/Aires mainly out of town.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Should I put them on or not ! Will be travelling through France late May early June going near Bordeaux and maybe a couple of towns/city but not going into them with the van if I can help it , I will be stopping on sites/Aires mainly out of town.
Fun stickers??šŸ˜. Yeah slap em onšŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ˜

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I have to live with this, Jim stuck it on and Iā€™m not man enough to remove it.
IMG_0907.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
What stickers, Angles Morts, Crit Air. :unsure:
Angle morts of course , don't mind the crit air as I put mine on a piece of perspex so I can remove it .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
This is how I fix mine, they now have 8 suction pads per sign. The beacon is the requirement for Spain so easy to fix and remove if on a non metallic surface. The. Signs (3) how now been used for 6 trips to France covering over 13,000 miles with no problems. I just remove and wash the suction pads before each trip.

1713818040727.jpeg

1713818086417.png

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
This is how I fix mine, they now have 8 suction pads per sign. The beacon is the requirement for Spain so easy to fix and remove if on a non metallic surface. The. Signs (3) how now been used for 6 trips to France covering over 13,000 miles with no problems. I just remove and wash the suction pads before each trip.

View attachment 888785

View attachment 888786

But did you go into a town/city where they were required?

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
my thought is this (A), and the latter are thoughts of a retired UK cop on here (B)you know who you are ))

A They advertise to the Police at Toll Booths, that you are over the 3.5T limit for class II tolls.

B If you are involved in an accident and have not displayed , as you quote, "Stupid Stickers". The Police/Authorities and Insurance companies will crucify you.

Your choice.

Typical French attitude. As I have said many times before, what "IF" the Dutch, Germans, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian....... Countries followed suit. That is, Insisted on the same in their countries, in their Language, similar "Stupid Stickers" Europe gone mad, or is it Just France being their usual "NO" awkward, garlic, Gaelic, idiosyncratic, stupid, difficult, ā‚¬uro grabbing, anti Traversing TITS.

Mongles Morons

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Left em both off last time by accident when I came through, only remembered the crit air as I arrived in calais via rouen.

But yes if I'd remembered I'd have displayed them.

Are you also bothered about the stupid hi vis..warning triangle..breath test kits and light delfectors ?

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Think you only use the AM sticker if over a certain length.
Have seen plenty of big French vans without sticker.
We are 6 mtr and havenā€™t bothered with the stickers but we do carry them, just in case!

Upvote 0

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
We have suction cup ones we bought of EBay on even though though we donā€™t have a blind spot( Camos 360 camera).

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT630
Exp
7 years full timing
Stick the crit air to a document wallet or plastic sheet, cut around the crit air sticker, use insulation tape to stick it gto the van, when leaving France simply peel off leaving no residue, they have never come off for us, simples.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Think you only use the AM sticker if over a certain length.
Have seen plenty of big French vans without sticker.
We are 6 mtr and havenā€™t bothered with the stickers but we do carry them, just in case!
Angle Mort stickers are needed if your van is plated at over 3500kg. Nothing to do with length, although longer generally means heavier.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Angle morts of course , don't mind the crit air as I put mine on a piece of perspex so I can remove it .
These stupid stickers as you call them are meant to save lives. You think it's not useful because as a car driver and as a moho driver you know (because you learnt) where the danger stands. BUT a simple car driver doesn't always realise he can't be seen, because he never sat on a big vehicle seat! Especially youngsters.... With these it's even more dangerous whether they are in a car or on a motorcycle .
You've been young once I guess... ??? A little bit of understanding and you might save more lives than you think!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I keep the backin paper and peel the stickers off and put them back on the paper as soon as I leave France. After at least 12 re attachments, I've just started into my second set, the back ones seem to fail first possibly because its always dirtier.

Jim I'm seeing more larger French Mh's with Angles Mortes these days although still plenty without Crit D'air

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
I fit them for my trip over last year, removed them when I got back as I give the van a good clean.

I have purchased a new set for my trip in a few weeks, will fit them same as I did last year, no big deal, only a fiver a pack.

I did start a thread on my trip last year commenting on amount of vans without them.

My only (minor) issue is my sat nav is supposed to avoid any routes where there is weight restriction, so barring vehicles over 3.5t, it doesnā€™t always get this right, the stickers are a big advertisement that you are over 3.5t.

Previous years were not an issue as van was plated at 3.5t, I then updated to 4.25t, hence having to display the stickers.

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
These stupid stickers as you call them are meant to save lives. You think it's not useful because as a car driver and as a moho driver you know (because you learnt) where the danger stands. BUT a simple car driver doesn't always realise he can't be seen, because he never sat on a big vehicle seat! Especially youngsters.... With these it's even more dangerous whether they are in a car or on a motorcycle .
You've been young once I guess... ??? A little bit of understanding and you might save more lives than you think!
Yes, they read the stickers like they read the speed limits, adverts telling them not to lane hog, adverts telling them mobile phone use whilst driving is now a leading cause of road deaths. And the list goes onā€¦ā€¦

And how many of these people can understand French or even know what ā€œon glu morrā€ actually means ?

Stupid stickers

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I doubt they will, because even the dumbest of those governments is clever enough to know that these stickers actually are stupid and wonā€™t save a single life
Actually Jim, I was thinking the same not so long ago, and just thought it was just better to have them in case you are stopped by the gendarmes for something else , and they use the oppotunity to check everything else.
But I nearly knocked a car when changing lane from left to right, indicating I was going to leave the motorway, and at the same time , a tad upper on my right was that car coming from a village and going on to the motorway. And I didn't see it, and the lady never realised that. I manage to go back on my left just in time , and had length enough to go back again on the way out.

Also, if accidents are numbered.... saved lives are not. You can't really know how many lives have been saved , because tthe people are carrying on living. It's a bit like windows in a house. Nobody notice when they are clean, because you can see all the way through, and so nobody says , oh whaoo your windows are clean. But just have a little bit of dust... and rain on top and then someone will kindly says... hemmmm , may be a clean on the windows would be nice....! good example as the little devils are using my windows as an ice cream right now.... Yukkkk , but at least I could have some time to type ;):Smile::Smile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back