SIM only deal with unlimited data that you can use in Europe? (1 Viewer)

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Shame they charge 3 euros a month to pause. I usually do 4 weeks in summer then uk for other weekends etc. so would be paused for 11 out of 12 months so for me the Tiecom sun would work out expensive (73€) for 1 months use :(

Camino will send you a couple of sims out if you ask… in your case cancel after a month (rather than suspend) and kick off a new sim 11 months later.

Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
Buy a SIM in France- I have a house there and use Free. They have a deal on- €19.95, 220Gb no contract. Just go into a Free shop and pick one up (you then do not have to worry about fair usage policies etc)
Hi, do you need a French mobile number to set up an account? Just tried to set up an account for a Reglo sim from Leclerc and it won't accept my English mobile number as a contact phone.
Thanks

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Originally the lnclusive EU Roaming with Tesco Unlimited was due to be withdrawn in June 2023.

Tesco have changed this to December 2023. As they like to stay competitive I expect them to scrap the move completely by December leaving EU roaming in place.

At £10 a month for "friends and family", I'm happy to stay with them.

Cheers
Red.

Cheers
Red

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi, do you need a French mobile number to set up an account? Just tried to set up an account for a Reglo sim from Leclerc and it won't accept my English mobile number as a contact phone.
Thanks
No you don't need anything to set up a SIM from FREE. Just walk in, order via the vending machine using an address in France ( I used the actual store address last time), then take the SIM to an assistant who activates it and away you go, remembering to set the APN to Free.fr

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DDJC
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Originally the lnclusive EU Roaming with Tesco Unlimited was due to be withdrawn in June 2023.

Tesco have changed this to December 2023. As they like to stay competitive I expect them to scrap the move completely by December leaving EU roaming in place.

At £10 a month for "friends and family", I'm happy to stay with them.

Cheers
Red.

Cheers
Red

Loving your optimism! Hope you are right, but I can't see it!

I'm also with Tesco, but I won't be after December if they do scrap EU roaming. I will move as necessary and have the same loyalty to phone companies as they do to me; i.e. sod all. My tablet has a 20gb PopIt sim in it.

Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
No you don't need anything to set up a SIM from FREE. Just walk in, order via the vending machine using an address in France ( I used the actual store address last time), then take the SIM to an assistant who activates it and away you go, remembering to set the APN to Free.fr
Thank you very much. I will have a look for a Free store. 👍👍

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Thank you very much. I will have a look for a Free store. 👍👍
remember - it only lasts one month (after which you need to get another one). it only provides 210Gb for the period its valid for.

other than that, i have used FREE sims successfully now over a 12 month period (and four visits!) - but i am hoping that starlink might be a better, though a damn site more expensive, option

Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
remember - it only lasts one month (after which you need to get another one). it only provides 210Gb for the period its valid for.

other than that, i have used FREE sims successfully now over a 12 month period (and four visits!) - but i am hoping that starlink might be a better, though a damn site more expensive, option
So you can't top it up?

May 21, 2021
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 1986
Bought a Lyca sim card for may Huawei Router, after umpteen phone calls to Lyca help line I was eventually told Lyca sim cards won't work in a router, I suggest avoid Lyca as they take your money and can't deliver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
No, I've tried but not on this SIM. There are other deals that I haven't investigated though
Thanks MisterB. Another question please - are we likely to find Free stores in most towns or only in Cities. From memory, I don't recall seeing that name before but then that could be because I haven't been looking for it. Thanks in advance. Claire

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Thanks MisterB. Another question please - are we likely to find Free stores in most towns or only in Cities. From memory, I don't recall seeing that name before but then that could be because I haven't been looking for it. Thanks in advance. Claire
You can search in line, they tend to be in shopping complexes like L'eclerc, Yper U etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back