RWG restricting roaming from 5th October (1 Viewer)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Went to EE shop to renew my contract, as it was out buy 3 months. The manager offered 100gb with roaming all inclusive at £26. Then he said if you add £6, £32 pm, i could do all unlimited inclusive roaming. I made sure roaming is not restricted, he did few figure on pc then confirmed, unlimited and all allowences included in roaming for £32.
I guess EE its a better deal in the long term.
with ee atm 200gb all in £35pm so might stay with them.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
It’s a pain that these companies don’t roll over the unused data until the next month as I would buy a 12 month sim and then when away the accumulated data would be fine for the month!
Still paying for that with Sky as I let my offspring continue using up the spare data - then they demand the £2 per day when they go abroad. :)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Just an update in this. I asked RWG if this affects the 200Gb bundle as well and this is their (very fast 😉) reply
IMG_7993.jpeg

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Just an update in this. I asked RWG if this affects the 200Gb bundle as well and this is their (very fast 😉) reply
View attachment 819093
So does this only affect the data only sim at the moment?
We are off to euroland for 7 weeks and mistakenly ordered the phone 200gb bundle for £20, if so I may have got lucky (if it arrives on time?)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
So does this only affect the data only sim at the moment?
We are off to euroland for 7 weeks and mistakenly ordered the phone 200gb bundle for £20, if so I may have got lucky (if it arrives on time?)
At the moment this restriction only affects the phone bundle. Data only bundle will be restricted sometime in the next few weeks. So your phone will go limited to 100Gb from 15/10👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 19, 2014
Keynsham, Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2005
Amazon started project kuiper in 2018 and applied for their license in 2020. They have until July 2026 to launch 1,800 satellites and won't even get their 1st demonstrator up until 2024 at the very earliest.
Even if they get the 1,800 up which I will be surprised if they succeed without incurring GREAT losses. They will still need to get the rest of the 3200 odd satellite into orbit by 2029.

Currently they have contracts to launch them all on rockets that haven't flown yet. Ariane 6, Vulcan Centaur and Blue Origin New Glenn. None of these rockets have even taken off on test flights yet as far as I am aware.

The funniest bit though is that they (Amazon) are being sued by shareholders for not using the cheapest option (SpaceX) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You really can't make it up.

So... Yeah, I can't see Kuiper putting any price pressure on SpaceX and Starlink in the next decade or so if ever.
Their first two demonstrator sats launch tomorrow. I had to laugh that Bezos has bought up 'all' non-SpaceX launches available. I'd like to think Starlink prices will continue to drop slowly, but it won't be due to Project Kuiper. At £50 pm I'd look at it very carefully indeed, especially if it provided home and motorhome broadband.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Their first two demonstrator sats launch tomorrow.
Really, I hadn't heard that. I am not following space news as closely as I used to due to time demands. Also until SpaceX starts making progress on Starship it is all much the same these days. Surprised I would be saying that. But the FAA and other federal agencies are putting a real crimp on the speed of progress for spacex these days.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Anyone know whether this just applies to the £20 per month Big Data Sim? Presumably paying a little extra for the Global Sim will allow the full 200GB to be used as roaming?

Yes only applies to the ‘Big Data Sim’ the global data sim is still 200GB European roaming.

It’s more than a little extra - taking out a new subscription for the RWG 200gb Global data SIM is now £35pcm. Existing Global SIM subscribers can renew at the previous £28pcm if they go looking for it on the webshop.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Amazon started project kuiper in 2018 and applied for their license in 2020. They have until July 2026 to launch 1,800 satellites and won't even get their 1st demonstrator up until 2024 at the very earliest.
Even if they get the 1,800 up which I will be surprised if they succeed without incurring GREAT losses. They will still need to get the rest of the 3200 odd satellite into orbit by 2029.

Currently they have contracts to launch them all on rockets that haven't flown yet. Ariane 6, Vulcan Centaur and Blue Origin New Glenn. None of these rockets have even taken off on test flights yet as far as I am aware.

The funniest bit though is that they (Amazon) are being sued by shareholders for not using the cheapest option (SpaceX) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You really can't make it up.

So... Yeah, I can't see Kuiper putting any price pressure on SpaceX and Starlink in the next decade or so if ever.
How’s Jeff getting on?
Is Elon worried yet??

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
How’s Jeff getting on?
Is Elon worried yet??
Jeff still hasn't got his up yet. Don't think Elon has any performance anxiety at his end.

Kidding aside. Bezos hasn't been to orbit yet never mind landed an orbital class rocket. SpaceX meanwhile is heading towards landing boosters for 20 times and probably going to extend this yet again.
Remember they were targetting 10 times.

Bezos seems to think because he has landed his dinky toy he will have no problems figuring out orbital class. I suspect he will get a rude awakening.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I haven't had an email yet. I couldn't see anything on the website either. 100gb will be sufficient for us anyway.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I emailed to ask & they confirmed 100gb from the 15th Octobe! I don’t think they were going to tell me though!

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
I emailed to ask & they confirmed 100gb from the 15th Octobe! I don’t think they were going to tell me though!
I haven’t been notified either.
I just reread their T&C’s. I’m surprised to see a clause that says “it is your responsibility to regularly check the web site for any changes to these services”. So they can stay quiet and wait to see if the customer notices the changes, then deal with any cancellations, etc.
An interesting interpretation of one of the key values promoted on the web site home page “Fair and Transparent”!

Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Thanks for the info, disappointed over this
Interestingly the advert for the 200GB SIM on the website still quotes using the full allowance whilst roaming and I haven’t had an email yet
IMG_1347.png

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Thanks for the info, disappointed over this
Interestingly the advert for the 200GB SIM on the website still quotes using the full allowance whilst roaming and I haven’t had an email yet View attachment 824344
Same here. No email or notification yet. Interesting that the web site clearly still states “this product includes EU Roaming without restrictions

Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
With the change to 100GB whilst roaming, not sure it represents good value now - not so bad in the UK but even that whilst away in September for a month streaming films and football I soon got through 200GB
I am going to take a look at the Tesco Mobile SIM only on a monthly contract and unlimited data which appears to allow you to use all of the unlimited for roaming in the EU until 2025 for £30/per month

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Using IQ sim in the van router at the moment.paid £20 for the sim which keeps it active then top up as required which lasts a month Using the 100gb /£20 at the moment in France no issues streaming and general use. They have 10% off everything at the moment

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Our O2 unlimited data, unlimited txts, unlimited minutes will be shut down after 62 days in the eu. Data will cost £3.50 a gig, txts 1p each. Luckily we’re used to this with Virgin doing it for the past three years so change sims to Lobster.

Mar 9, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Dakota ’14
Exp
Do you know what network they are using. It seems they fail to mention that on their website.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
With the change to 100GB whilst roaming, not sure it represents good value now - not so bad in the UK but even that whilst away in September for a month streaming films and football I soon got through 200GB
I am going to take a look at the Tesco Mobile SIM only on a monthly contract and unlimited data which appears to allow you to use all of the unlimited for roaming in the EU until 2025 for £30/per month
It is also subject to O2's 62 day roaming restriction.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Sorry I meant the IQ Mobile.
EE iain, seems to work fine so far, Been in Belgium and France so far heading to Spain next week so don't see an issue.

Mar 9, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Dakota ’14
Exp
EE iain, seems to work fine so far, Been in Belgium and France so far heading to Spain next week so don't see an issue.
Thanks. EE is fine in Europe, not had any problems either there or in UK. 3 however are pretty poor in some UK locations, particularly Scotland so just needed to check.
Still sounds like a good deal if needing European cover at the moment.

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Thanks. EE is fine in Europe, not had any problems either there or in UK. 3 however are pretty poor in some UK locations, particularly Scotland so just needed to check.
Still sounds like a good deal if needing European cover at the moment.
Used it at home as well in Scotland wanted an alternative to our Vodafone phone sims so got the iq sim.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Exactly what I have done, works perfectly
Exactly what we have done and works very well. I bought the mounting frame from a 3D printer guy on ebay. Cutting the back off was nerve wracking but all went well. I also changed the power supply to 12Volts. Now we do nothing, it is always on. We do discontinue service if we are back in the U.K. saving a bit on the monthly charges.

Reactions: zac

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Exactly what we have done and works very well. I bought the mounting frame from a 3D printer guy on ebay. Cutting the back off was nerve wracking but all went well. I also changed the power supply to 12Volts. Now we do nothing, it is always on. We do discontinue service if we are back in the U.K. saving a bit on the monthly charges.
which mount did you go for the really flat mount where you cut all around the base of the dishy or the everlanders one where you just cut the motors off?
Any pics of the install on the roof?
I thought about the 12v option and even pre ordered the dishy dualie from boondocker but decided against it as the savings from 240v were negligible but i still may do it for convenience as i would probably just leave it on then.
I did read that they were going to introduce some sort of checking where if it were travelling over 10 or 20mph then it would be classed as in motion and then be chargeable but that was in the USA.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
For those who have already had the global data package for £28, can still renew for this amount and it still carries the full 200Gb limit. It is only the 200Gb phone sim that is limited at the moment. Data will join them in the future, but rwg still do not know when.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back