RWG restricting roaming from 5th October (1 Viewer)

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
which mount did you go for the really flat mount where you cut all around the base of the dishy or the everlanders one where you just cut the motors off?
Any pics of the install on the roof?
I thought about the 12v option and even pre ordered the dishy dualie from boondocker but decided against it as the savings from 240v were negligible but i still may do it for convenience as i would probably just leave it on then.
I did read that they were going to introduce some sort of checking where if it were travelling over 10 or 20mph then it would be classed as in motion and then be chargeable but that was in the USA.
I used the everlander method and bought the mounting frame from a guy on eBay, he prints them to everlander mapping. However, he prints them in black not white. I made him an offer of £50 which he accepted.

• Informative
Reactions: zac

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I used the everlander method and bought the mounting frame from a guy on eBay, he prints them to everlander mapping. However, he prints them in black not white. I made him an offer of £50 which he accepted.

Blimey that's very cheap as that would barely cover the electric and filament costs to even print it, you got a bargain that's for sure, its the same method i used and it is nerve racking when cutting the motors off that's for sure. Glad i have now though as its so much easier just to stop and turn on a plug and even that can be done remotely :)

Which method did you use for the 12v?

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Went into the EE shop this morning and that deal is available for £36 however you can only use 50GB when roaming unfortunately
Bob been with them for 2 years now went in to the local shop to me to check what deals they had cheaper but nothing so will stick for now.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I tried my RWG data SIM out of curiosity which should have expired as it was on the previous payment provider and it was still working.
Mine too. I’ll re register as I am going to France end of month and need global as I’m only set up for EE at the mo

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
RWG good value but i struggled to get good speeds and reliable data connections accross 9 countries in EU recently will look for an alternative for next year

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
RWG good value but i struggled to get good speeds and reliable data connections accross 9 countries in EU recently will look for an alternative for next year

Which SIM package was that?

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
IQ mobile been using it for the last week UK France Belgium now Spain streamed radio all the way down a bit of TV at night no issues. Uses EE can't complain..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Yes it says on the contract, i have 3 sims and each is detailed for its allowences, two phones and one data. The data is unlimited with all alowences for UK included in roaming, no extra charges. Same as i had previously on a 100gb, each time you go out, the network welcome message confirms your useage alowance.
I had a stroll to Ro in Oct.-Nov. and used the new contract. Now beginning of December I had the bill in: no £2 a day charge. It’s as I said all inclusive, unlimited for £32 +vat. The way to get this, walk in EE shop and get a unlimited with roaming add on unrestricted.
We used lots of data, over 80gb in about 3 weeks trough Central and Eastern Europe, since we left Folkestone. So the EE unlimited, is unlimited abroad as well, with a add on, to avoid the £2 per day charge. The add on it’s in the contract and stays the entire duration.
This works cheaper that starlink.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back