Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
that makes sense..

have you tried one of these.. you can bake , roast etc on the hob

I’ve got an Omnia. It’s okay but quite difficult to get temperature and timing right I find.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We've had both. Got rid of Remoska after a few uses. Took the air fryer from home with us last time we went - it was handy & used it quite a bit but like you we are limited on space so don't think we'd take it again. We manage to get by on 2 gas rings & a cadac.

Lavender1

Free Member
Feb 18, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We have just bought the new Cadac, from Dometic. Fantastic, knocks spots off old type Cadacs. Sooo easy to clean. Two hot plates instead of one.🤗

IMG_3633.jpeg

May 12, 2022
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carado
Exp
since 2010
We love our Remoska. As we don't have an oven or microwave, we use it a lot, cooking all sorts of different stuff. Modest power demand, doesn't take up too much space, and easy to clean. Nothing not to like :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: HKF

Bettsy

Free Member
Mar 9, 2019
Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT570 Crossov
Exp
since 2018
I only take the air fryer due to heat of the pot and the length of time that the Remoska stays hot. I find it an issue with so little work surface so it ends up being on the table and something is going to get burnt, be it me or the curtains. Air fryer cools quickly and I feel personally it is safer

I do also have a Ridge Monkey which get a lot of use

Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 6, 2022
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Burstner elegance821
Exp
Van life for 13 years
I only take the air fryer due to heat of the pot and the length of time that the Remoska stays hot. I find it an issue with so little work surface so it ends up being on the table and something is going to get burnt, be it me or the curtains. Air fryer cools quickly and I feel personally it is safer

I do also have a Ridge Monkey which get a lot of use
The monkeys are great to go too.

Jan 27, 2023
Cirencester, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
Brand new
An ex Pat on an Aire gave us his surplus small 1,000w air fryer a couple of days ago but it’s got a 2 pin plug so can’t try it out yet. However seen a couple of Remoska recommendations recently and didn’t realise the small one only used 400w which seemed impressive considering AF’s are meant to be the new go to energy saving tech.
But it uses 400w all the time it’s on, which is generally for quite a long time. Same problem as the poorly insulated slow cookers

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Some interesting replies thanks. What can you cook in a single air fryer, chips n jacket potatoes aside?
Chicken, steak, pork chops, sausages, bacon.
Warms up croissants & Danish pastries
Toasties
Fish fingers or anything battered or breadcrumbed.
Pies both savoury & sweet.
I could go on...

Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Remoska every time for us , it’s so versatile. Perfect food and easy cleanup. It’s the only oven / grill we need . And we use it at home when we are not away in the van .

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
The Remoskas tend to need longer as well, can be an hour for dinner.
Not everything takes an hour and one should know how to time your food prep.
Remoska would take up less room and (the new ones) are unlikely to knock the EHU supply out.
Had Remoskas for years now, think the first one was 2006/7, wouldn’t want to be without one now.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
that makes sense..

have you tried one of these.. you can bake , roast etc on the hob

We have now. Bought one soon after your post and brought it to Spain with us at beginning of the month. We left the remoska at home.
It takes up less space than the remoska. Works well but is limiting due to the hole in the middle. We bought it with a silicon insert which is brilliant. On balance, its better for us than the remoska, which we continue to use at home.

Lavender1

Free Member
Feb 18, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We did try a Remoska. Didn’t like. bought a Halogen Oven. Fantastic. Hardly ever use our oven indoors, cook all the time with the Halogen. We have had our last one, an Elgento, for a couple of years. Also love our new Cadac, far superior to the old version.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Just decided on an AirFryer having been thinking about it for a while, it’s compact but big enough for two and got good reviews as well as being at a competitive price.

C7721C9C-7B6E-4935-AEA0-923CC96613A8.jpeg

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
Thanks to tomag, we auctioned off a Redmond make 'Multicooker' at the Pershore Plum Rally.

It seemed to have all the attributes of an Air Frier plus Remoska. It had 34 different programmes.

Someone was trying to get £250 plus for one on fleabay but there were others at a far more reasonable price.
The plus for the multicooker was it's low energy usage at 860 watts which is less than 4 amps.

PS. We got £66 for it that went to Prostate Cancer UK. Thanks daveandsan

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Just decided on an AirFryer having been thinking about it for a while, it’s compact but big enough for two and got good reviews as well as being at a competitive price.

View attachment 827537
As you have had it a while now can you comment on its quality and if you are happy with it.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
But it uses 400w all the time it’s on, which is generally for quite a long time. Same problem as the poorly insulated slow cookers

I did away with the stand part and now stand my Remoska on an inch thick (the type with silver on both sides) insolation board cut to size.
Seems to cook quicker now the base of the pot is isolated? 🤔

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Had Remoskas for years now, love the newest model.
Wouldn’t have an air-fryer, too bulky, uses too much power.
Yes most things need an hour (sometimes more) in Remoska but that gives you time for the evening drink!
We found a handy spot to put a shelf in so the Remoska is always with us without taking storage space, and in the cooler months, when we have EHU we have the slow pot too.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
As you have had it a while now can you comment on its quality and if you are happy with it.
Extremely happy and what’s more Mrs L who is alway doubtful of change loves it too.
We don’t do chips and such mainly meat and fish and obtain Barnsley Chops on occasion l would normally get the Barbecue out as l like the heat to burn the outside a little,no more we use the Air Fryer a good thick chop remembering they are lamb with fat but 15 minutes+ and they are perfect and all the taste is locked in.
The Cosori does what it says on the tin.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I did away with the stand part and now stand my Remoska on an inch thick (the type with silver on both sides) insolation board cut to size.
Seems to cook quicker now the base of the pot is isolated? 🤔
Edit:The last line, and earlier, should read, ' Insulated' of course! 🙄

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I have 3 remoskas, standard and grande newish replacements for the overworked old ones, standard in the motorhome, but swap for grande when we take the gannets.
Reluctantly bought an air fryer, before christmas, there are some things it is better for than the remoska, crispier chips for instance 😉 It does get a fair bit of use but our oven needs replacing. It is quick but power wise there is little difference, lower wattage for longer, higher wattage for shorter. Would need to get a smaller one if taking one away and that would be overkill, we have a storage cupboard microwave, which, if I could find the right wood, would be removed and replaced with the original cupboard.
Oh and have one of those omnia type things, have tried it twice, if anyone wants it they can have it, got it from another funster who liked it as much as I do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back