Ramoska or Air Fryer? (1 Viewer)

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
We’re limited to space as we have a PVC, so what’s the best if you had to choose? Currently have 2 gas rings which have served us well.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
We have both in the van as just bought this to keep in the van before our current trip away saves taking the Ninja from home and it’s been very good.
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
TheMachMan
Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
An ex Pat on an Aire gave us his surplus small 1,000w air fryer a couple of days ago but it’s got a 2 pin plug so can’t try it out yet. However seen a couple of Remoska recommendations recently and didn’t realise the small one only used 400w which seemed impressive considering AF’s are meant to be the new go to energy saving tech.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
An ex Pat on an Aire gave us his surplus small 1,000w air fryer a couple of days ago but it’s got a 2 pin plug so can’t try it out yet. However seen a couple of Remoska recommendations recently and didn’t realise the small one only used 400w which seemed impressive considering AF’s are meant to be the new go to energy saving tech.
Remoska has a fixed output element so yes 400 watts is not a lot but remember that is on continuously, I have a feeling that an air fryer will control the heat by turning down the power consumed so 1000 watts may just be the start up to get it all up to temperature, we don't have one though so not 100% sure, we do have a remoska though (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
They did a test on TV recently and found that microwaves were the 34% more energy efficient.
I have a cheap combi microwave at home and find I can cook most things without the additional outlay of an Air fryer.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thanks to tomag, we auctioned off a Redmond make 'Multicooker' at the Pershore Plum Rally.

It seemed to have all the attributes of an Air Frier plus Remoska. It had 34 different programmes.

Someone was trying to get £250 plus for one on fleabay but there were others at a far more reasonable price.
The plus for the multicooker was it's low energy usage at 860 watts which is less than 4 amps.

PS. We got £66 for it that went to Prostate Cancer UK. Thanks daveandsan

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
The Remoskas tend to need longer as well, can be an hour for dinner.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
They did a test on TV recently and found that microwaves were the 34% more energy efficient.
I have a cheap combi microwave at home and find I can cook most things without the additional outlay of an Air fryer.
I don't like the end result of food 'cooked' in a microwave

OP
OP
TheMachMan
Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Managed to get a travel plug in Super U today so will experiment with some potato croquettes. Need to be sure it works and he didn’t just offload his broken air fryer on me!

OP
OP
TheMachMan
Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Managed to get a travel plug in Super U today so will experiment with some potato croquettes. Need to be sure it works and he didn’t just offload his broken air fryer on me!
Result, only took 10 minutes for them to go crispy and didn’t blow up or anything! Did notice it kicks a bit of heat out the back vent, so would be careful where you put it?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Remoska has a fixed output element so yes 400 watts is not a lot but remember that is on continuously, I have a feeling that an air fryer will control the heat by turning down the power consumed so 1000 watts may just be the start up to get it all up to temperature, we don't have one though so not 100% sure, we do have a remoska though (y)
That's a good point I hadn't considered. We've had a Remoska for years, in fact 2 now so one is kept in the van and the other in the kitchen at home.

And yes, each rated at 400 watts, which operate continuously at that level.

We also now have an air fryer in the kitchen at home, and whilst good and frequently used, we wouldn't consider putting it in the van.

Oct 3, 2012
Lochcarron, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Stanway
Exp
2 litre Remoska in the van and 4 litre indoors. No electronics to go wrong, (one is 25 years old) just plug in and hot pies/roast chicken ready in the same time or less as an oven.

Aug 15, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
Sprinter conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Purchased a 1500w air fryer for our camper earlier this year and use it all the time when on EHU. Certainly one of the best things we’ve ever bought for the camper. 🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳

Derek’soldvan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 19, 2021
Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Ageing Hobby 650
I bought a 2nd hand remoska for little money, its eons old & haven't used my air fryer or oven since (at home or away), brilliant bit of kit along with a recommendation from Minxy last year an ecopot.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Its a Remoska for me it has far more uses.
We have both and have to say the Air Fryer is far more versatile and quicker, last night we did Potato Dauphinoise so easy in the Air Fryer, would have taken twice as long in the Remoska.

Aug 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido V:68
Exp
Since 2013
We’re limited to space as we have a PVC, so what’s the best if you had to choose? Currently have 2 gas rings which have served us well.
Just downsized to van and air fryer fits a treat just a small one good for two. Cannot comment on remorseka enjoy

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Discovered the Ninja airfryer's recently, about 3 month's ago, and have to say we find them both amazing, small one in the van and large at home. Crisp baked spuds and chips take no time at all, not tried a remoska so can't comment, but hey ho we are happy with what we got 👌

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
We only carry a Remoska. Mainly because it works off my 800W victron inverter. So no mains supply needed.

The van has 150ah of LiFeP04 batteries and 200w of solar. 2/3 hours of sun or good light in a day means no hook up needed.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Never found a need for either ..

I do all the cooking on the 4 ring gas cooker, with grill and oven.. and in fine weather on a Weber Q barbie..

Nothing against them, but with space at a premium in a PVC and rarely on EHU they would be a waste of space, and money for us.

We don't have any other 240v appliances .. not even a kettle

Call me old-school, but that's the way we have been doing it since forever..

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Never found a need for either ..

I do all the cooking on the 4 ring gas cooker, with grill and oven.. and in fine weather on a Weber Q barbie..

Nothing against them, but with space at a premium in a PVC and rarely on EHU they would be a waste of space, and money for us.

We don't have any other 240v appliances .. not even a kettle

Call me old-school, but that's the way we have been doing it since forever..
We only have a 2 burner hob. No grill or oven either in this van. Hence the Remoska.
We don't carry an electric kettle either.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We only have a 2 burner hob. No grill or oven either in this van. Hence the Remoska.
We don't carry an electric kettle either.
that makes sense..

have you tried one of these.. you can bake , roast etc on the hob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back