Pet Passports (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Q: My mutt has a pet passport issued in 2014 and updated here until 2018.

Can we get a Spanish vet to update that physical document or do we need a new one from scratch.

Ta

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

Can we get a Spanish vet to update that physical document or do we need a new one from scratch.

Ta
if its a uk pet passport or an EU one with rabies entered by a UK vet its useless you need a new one issued from within the EU or an AHC,

they are unlikely to use the data from the passport.

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006

Ta
No can’t update the old passport now. You will have to get an AHC to travel to EU then when you are there you will need to find an EU vet willing to issue an EU passport to a UK resident. To get the passport the EU vet has to administer a new rabies jab and stamp & sign the passport showing that the microchip has been verified before issuing the vaccine. I’m also just finding out that if you visit Morocco your dog also has to have positive titre test 30 days or more after the rabies jab verified by an EU approved lab in order to re enter the EU.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No can’t update the old passport now. You will have to get an AHC to travel to EU then when you are there you will need to find an EU vet willing to issue an EU passport to a UK resident. To get the passport the EU vet has to administer a new rabies jab and stamp & sign the passport showing that the microchip has been verified before issuing the vaccine. I’m also just finding out that if you visit Morocco your dog also has to have positive titre test 30 days or more after the rabies jab verified by an EU approved lab in order to re enter the EU.
Not correct. Whilst some vets will insist on giving a rabies jab themselves before they issue an EU PP many will use the information on the AHC including the rabies jab and transfer it to the new EU PP, the important thing is that they use the date chip was implanted and not the day they read it. This is what we did when we got our dogs' PPs in Portugal earlier this year.

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Not correct. Whilst some vets will insist on giving a rabies jab themselves before they issue an EU PP many will use the information on the AHC including the rabies jab and transfer it to the new EU PP, the important thing is that they use the date chip was implanted and not the day they read it. This is what we did when we got our dogs' PPs in Portugal earlier this year.
Yes you are correct about the date chip implanted being the important date but I believe they are also signing that they've verified it. Wasn't aware of the EU vet being able to transfer rabies vac info or I maybe wouldn't have had that done again. I was just pleased to find a vet that was in a convenient location, prepared to do it & spoke good English tbh

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Thanks everyone
for contributing
Snoopy is reading all the replies with interest

Attachments

• IMG_5710.JPG
    IMG_5710.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 12
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Got our EU passport a few weeks ago and the vet transfered the details of the the previous rabies vaccination onto the EU passport and also the details of the vaccine she gave. My understanding is that it is to prove that the dog had a previous vaccination and the one administered by her was a booster.
Cheers Kenny.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Got our EU passport a few weeks ago and the vet transfered the details of the the previous rabies vaccination onto the EU passport and also the details of the vaccine she gave. My understanding is that it is to prove that the dog had a previous vaccination and the one administered by her was a booster.
Cheers Kenny.
The only one that isn't a booster is the initial rabies jab, or a new jab due to the previous one passing it's expiration date, if a dog has had a rabies jab which is still in date there is no need for it to have another other than the vet wants it to have it for their own reasons eg govt policy, their wanting to line their pockets etc. The ONLY reason it would be needed is if the vet would not transfer the implantation date of the chip and wanted to put the date they'd read it, ie the date you got the passport.

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Had a djffefe t experience with Fido. His jab e, pired in October, and I was gou g to Belgium in November for a passport. So had to get a booster here for his AHC. Vet was helpfulness personified, it she wouldn't bring forward the booster details as she hadn't administered it. So Fido had his second booster in four weeks. Not a problem. Except that the border guard said, on beibg shown the passport, that he'd have to wait three weeks dcore bei g allowed in. Cue presentation of AHC...

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Had a djffefe t experience with Fido. His jab e, pired in October, and I was gou g to Belgium in November for a passport. So had to get a booster here for his AHC. Vet was helpfulness personified, it she wouldn't bring forward the booster details as she hadn't administered it. So Fido had his second booster in four weeks. Not a problem. Except that the border guard said, on beibg shown the passport, that he'd have to wait three weeks dcore bei g allowed in. Cue presentation of AHC...
Yeah Eric with the vet we used she entered the previous vaccination details so this wouldn't happen. Had the AHC just in case. At least next time you go passport will be all good both ways 👌

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 20, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
That sounds good for us, hoping to travel in Jan. Did you email them in Spanish or English? Also do you have the email address that you used? I can only find the one contact for them but the site looks as if it is for the shop rather than the vet. It would make life so much easier if we could get a passport.
Sorry Angie, I've only just seen your question. Hope its not too late-we used info@petsworldmarket.es and I emailed in Spanish using google translate. Good luck!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just to update this, Petsworld now charge a €21 admin fee on top of the cost of the PP etc so to get one with a 3 year rabies jab will cost €51 now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back