New TV dead and poppit sim or MH Wi-Fi not working (1 Viewer)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
You need to put sim in router. Connect tablet/phone/laptop to the router WiFi. Then open up Web browser (Google chrome, Edge, Firefox etc.) And in the address bar type 192.168.8.1 (think that's for Huawei) which will bring up management page for router. Then input APN as above and turn on data roaming etc.
Hey you!:swear2: Stop peeking over my shoulder when I'm typing!:giggler:

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
You need to put sim in router. Connect tablet/phone/laptop to the router WiFi. Then open up Web browser (Google chrome, Edge, Firefox etc.) And in the address bar type 192.168.8.1 (think that's for Huawei) which will bring up management page for router. Then input APN as above and turn on data roaming etc.

In case you are stuck or your default address is not IMG_1720.jpeg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Does the Popit sim work in phone.
Does router work with another sim,click on ‘A’ network and then ‘B’ and then you could add APN for Popit by opening’C’
1712955670641.png

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Fresh brain this morning. I have found an old iPhone, and himselfs Android as well as my iPhone with Tesco.

Non of the sims work in the router, they show me that the Wi-Fi is there, but with no connection.

The Popit Sim works in my iPhone and my old iPhone, and I can hotspot on both. I will leave the popit sim in the old iPhone so I can use my iPad and use the 100gb which I bought.

I will have one more go with the router and if I don’t get anywhere I’m going to give up. It nearly caused a divorce last night as I am getting more ratty than usual.
The sun is out at Neufchatel and I have already been for a walk, the dog loves it here, we are moving on towards Brittany tomorrow.

Thank you so much for everyone’s help. I will kidnap a child when we get home, and no doubt it will take them seconds to sort it out. Either that or the router is duff.

I owe you all a drink if we ever meet up.
You have made an old lady very happy with the help the the MHF community give.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Going back to basics have you done a hard reset on the Mifi using the reset button.
I've found that often sorts out connection problem.
Ofter you have to do the reset 2 or 3 times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
...... I will kidnap a child when we get home, and no doubt it will take them seconds to sort it out.
If the 12 year old let's you down and Lenny's #40 above fails to work this is the guaranteed solution.

1713005433973.png

Your choice on whether it's himself or the router at the receiving end.

Either will work and you'll be reconnected to tinternet no problem but through different solutions.

If router, frustration will be relieved and the new router purchased will work!(y)

If himself, frustration will be relieved and you'll get free tinternet access from your prison cell!:giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back