New TV dead and poppit sim or MH Wi-Fi not working (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We are at Incheville Aire for a couple of days. We travelled over this morning.
Monday afternoon the Alphatronics tv died, not yet 6 months old. Camper U.K. will get it back on our return.
I managed to get an old tv to work with a fire stick. Watched it last night at The Drum. Now I can’t get a signal on it. If I turn the Poppit sim off, then my phone works on its own data.
Both MH Wifi and Poppit will not take phone calls so I am awaiting some form of communication from them
I have asked for instructions in words of 2 syllables as I don’t know what I’m doing.
Thoughts please .

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Your mifi will have 'website', (something like http://192.168.1.1). It should say on the back of the device. If you put that address into your ipad or phone it will take you to the device settings. Once there you should be able to see its 'status'. i.e. whether or not it is connected to the internet and if not connected may indicate hoe to connect it.
Hope this helps.
John

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Monday afternoon the Alphatronics tv died, not yet 6 months old. Camper U.K. will get it back on our return.
I managed to get an old tv to work with a fire stick. Watched it last night at The Drum. Now I can’t get a signal on it. If I turn the Poppit sim off, then my phone works on its own data.
Both MH Wifi and Poppit will not take phone calls so I am awaiting some form of communication from them
I have asked for instructions in words of 2 syllables as I don’t know what I’m doing.
Thoughts please .
We made a schoolgirl error when our tv suddenly failed for no apparent reason.

Who knew there was a hidden (very well hidden) switch on the outside that is totally unnoticeable and was actually an on/off switch. Check carefully otherwise you end up buying a new one then find out about the switch

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have turned roaming on for the Popit sim, I know with Smarty there’s a different anp setting for roaming

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Can you get internet on your phone when connected via WiFi to your MiFi, turn data off on your phone while testing.
Can you get internet on your phone when connected via WiFi to your MiFi, turn data off on your phone while testing.

We made a schoolgirl error when our tv suddenly failed for no apparent reason.

Who knew there was a hidden (very well hidden) switch on the outside that is totally unnoticeable and was actually an on/off switch. Check carefully otherwise you end up buying a new one then find out about the switch

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Lenny, , I had to turn the WiFi off to get data on my phone.
Suavecarve. Where is the switch ,please. We brought the tv with us so we can drop it off at Lincoln on he way home.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Have turned roaming on for the Popit sim, I know with Smarty there’s a different anp setting for roaming
I'll go into my Popit account and see if I can fathom it. I thought it had told me that it would work without doing anything.
Thanks

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I'll go into my Popit account and see if I can fathom it. I thought it had told me that it would work without doing anything.
Thanks
I can get into my Popit account. I've tried on my phone which is on Tesco, it gets my options on screen then just goes back to the same page, whatever I click. I've turned my router back on and that won't let me do anything either.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Thoughts please .
Did you use your Popit sim in the UK before entering the EU? If not, there will be a problem. I'd contact Popit customer services if you can by any means, they are helpful.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
You might try 192.168.8.1 if the is a reset button on your mi fi reset it go to the 192.168.1.1 or 8.1 for username and password admin for both in lower case if not in the UK enable roaming

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Lenny, , I had to turn the WiFi off to get data on my phone.
Suavecarve. Where is the switch ,please. We brought the tv with us so we can drop it off at Lincoln on he way home.
I think ours was underneath the front screen but under the television so it would be horizontal

I would run my hands right round the perimeter of the whole telly as it was impossible to see or get the instruction manual out, even as a man I think I would resort to the instruction manual

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I think ours was underneath the front screen but under the television so it would be horizontal

I would run my hands right round the perimeter of the whole telly as it was impossible to see or get the instruction manual out, even as a man I think I would resort to the instruction manual
Thanks, we have a row of buttons, top to bottom on the rear edge. It’s impossible to see them, but I have never touched them, just used the remote. You’re lucky to have a manual, ours is in German. The stupid fact that access any cables on the tv means that it has to be unscrewed off its bracket is daft. If there was any other place to fasten the tv I would take it out of the slideout. (Which jams regularly).
The tv is under the floor waiting for our return to Lincoln. I’ll unpack it and double check the switch.
On top of that it’s raining.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
You might try 192.168.8.1 if the is a reset button on your mi fi reset it go to the 192.168.1.1 or 8.1 for username and password admin for both in lower case if not in the UK enable roaming
Thank you.
I have no idea how to do that. When the Motorhome Wi-Fi engineer fitted the router he fitted it sideways in a narrow cupboard with very short leads. I can’t get at it and see what I’m doing at the same time. I did complain when it was fitted but was told that I wouldn’t need to access it. I can’t move it any further than in the photo. I have to stand on steps to touch it. When it’s in the bracket I can’t see the front of it.
I have contacted Motorhome Wi-Fi but it has to be by email.
I feel an idiot not being able to do internetty things. Himself can’t even turn the router on.
IMG_1718.jpeg

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Did you use your Popit sim in the UK before entering the EU? If not, there will be a problem. I'd contact Popit customer services if you can by any means, they are helpful.
I used it at Stanford the night before. I have filled a form in on the Poppit site, but as yet no reply.
Thanks

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I can not contact Poppit. The telephone number doesn’t give an option to speak to anyone. I filled a form in yesterday and again this morning. I am now getting a message saying that it is not possible to accept my message. Luckily my Tesco sim in my phone is working both on telephone and data, but that will run out of puff at some time. If I don’t get this Poppit working it will be just a waste of money.
Any thoughts on another contact number

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
You need to unplug the leads (take a photo first so you know where to put them back) lift out the router and remove the sim card. On my router this is in a slot underneath, again take note of position. Then put the sim in your phone to see if it is working, you may need to apply the APN setting.
From the popit website:
your APN settings are: Name: EE Internet APN: everywhere Username: eesecure Password: secure MMSC: http://mms/ MMS Proxy: 8080 Authentification Type: PAP APN Type: internet+MMS

If it is working in the phone and you have a duel sim slot leave it in there using your phone's hotspot until you have the energy to sort it properly.

What type of router is it? there may be an app to allow you to access settings.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You could put your phone sim in router and then put in a APN for Popit in the Huawei Ai app
IMG_3063.jpeg
IMG_3064.jpeg

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Thank you everyone. We have just been for a long walk. So it's cup of tea and croissants then back to the router. Jacques ( Caspers replacement) is just as long haired as Casper was, he smells of damp dog and is drying out in the garage.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
You need to unplug the leads (take a photo first so you know where to put them back) lift out the router and remove the sim card. On my router this is in a slot underneath, again take note of position. Then put the sim in your phone to see if it is working, you may need to apply the APN setting.
From the popit website:
your APN settings are: Name: EE Internet APN: everywhere Username: eesecure Password: secure MMSC: http://mms/ MMS Proxy: 8080 Authentification Type: PAP APN Type: internet+MMS

If it is working in the phone and you have a duel sim slot leave it in there using your phone's hotspot until you have the energy to sort it properly.

What type of router is it? there may be an app to allow you to access settings.
The sim out of our spare phone (Lebara) works in the router and connects to the tv. The Poppit sim works in my phone, I checked by connecting to my bank. I’ve put the Popit back in the router and I have a red light. I have filled in yet another enquiry form to Popit but still won’t send. I’ll try to contact them by using the Popit sim in my phone, maybe that’s the way it works.
The router is a HUAWEI . I don’t understand Manics instructions, although I appreciate the help.
It’s time for another walk then back to swopping sims again.
Jacques is waiting to go out.
Thanks again.
IMG_2645.jpeg

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Do you have data roaming turned on on the router, if it works ok in your phone then its that or as above the APN needs updating.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I had to take FiLs Huawei wife thing away with us as he couldnt get it to work with a smarty sim abroad. He followed all teh instructions etc and so did i abroad and it was worst than useless.
The Smarty Sim worked in my old android abroad.
Nothing would work in the huawei.
Some reserch on here on huawei routers will give you a few threads that for whatever reason, dont want to work.

Both teh Huawei and the Smarty sim were binned upon return and he will be going a different route when off to Norway at end of month

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
When you have a sim that works in the router open router dashboard 192.168.8.1 and then you can input a APN for the popit sim in network settings-profile +
1712850330249.png

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I
As it is a Huawei router you can access the settings via the Ai life app
There is a phone number and email on the point website
Thanks, I have emailed them twice with no reply. When I ring there is no option to speak to anyone. I will try again this afternoon.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
When you have a sim that works in the router open router dashboard 192.168.8.1 and then you can input a APN for the popit sim in network settings-profile +
View attachment 884680
Thank you, I really appreciate your help, But I have no idea what a router dashboard is, nor any idea how to open it. I think that I am going to have to admit defeat and use a hot spot with my iPad for any telly required. I’m having a bad day, I have just reversed onto a verge and damaged the rear skirt on our new Carthago. It was made worse as at least half a dozen French Camping caristes were watching.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you put a sim in the router and then search for 192.168.8.1 that will get to the control for the router

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I’m sure that one of your aims in life is to get me connected😀
I have a HUAWEI App, but other than find my account number, I can find little more. I’ve obviously not pressed a button when I should have done. I’ll have another go at it. Himself is sat outside in the sunshine with an occasional “why don’t you try something different”.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have a HUAWEI App, but other than find my account number, I can find little more. I’ve obviously not pressed a button when I should have done. I’ll have another go at it. Himself is sat outside in the sunshine with an occasional “why don’t you try something different”.
With your phone / ipad / laptop / etc connected (via wifi) to your router open your usual web browser (Firefox / Edge / Chrome / etc) and type in 192.168.8.1 to the "Menu Bar" and it will open the router dashboard.
You'll then need to enter the user name and password (they're usually inside the back cover or somewhere on the router assuming you haven't changed these).
This gives you access to something like Manic shows in post #24 and change the APN field.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
You need to put sim in router. Connect tablet/phone/laptop to the router WiFi. Then open up Web browser (Google chrome, Edge, Firefox etc.) And in the address bar type 192.168.8.1 (think that's for Huawei) which will bring up management page for router. Then input APN as above and turn on data roaming etc.

In case you are stuck or your default address is not 192.168.8.1.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back