Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Having never had, or the inclination to have, a rat type creature as a pet, I still don't understand, (Please forgive my sheltered life :pray:)

but, I suspect it was not the most polite of observations so I will let you go to have similar conversations with people who might have the audacity not to agree with you! :giggle:
Okay I'll try to explain it simply and slooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwllllly. :giggle:

We were talking about the thermal pots and how they work like iold-fashioned hay boxes.

Hay boxes by definition use hay to insulate the pot (big hint in the name!).

So what do you put in a hamster's cage for bedding? Yup, you've got it ... hay!

So if you nick the hay from the hamster's cage to insulate your pot you need to be careful not to gather the hamster up with it and burn the poor little blighter when you put the pot in it.

:LOL:

MaryonJeane

Free Member
Sep 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
I have a Mr D that I’ve only used a couple of times so is up for sale if any one is interested. It has two inner pots and the extra glass lid so you can cook two things at once. It’s heavy but I could get a cost for delivery if anyone is interested. I believe retail for this is around £120, would take £60 plus delivery costs.
Hi - I've just seen your post. Have you sold your Mr D yet? I've recently bought one and a friend of mine wants one too but she can't afford to buy new.

Maryon

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
I have had my Mr D for about 8 years, use it all the time.At home I used to prepare food at lunch time and by the time we were home from work it's all cooked and ready. Use it a lot whilst travelling, prepare a meal, simmer for 10-15 mins then put in a cupboard and it's ready when you are after travelling.Anything you would put in a slow cooker, stews, curries, etc. Made a tagine in it yesterday, well yummy! Do all roasting joints in it, you can do a full Sunday roast in it! If I want to cook meat to make it tender prior to adding a sauce etc I use a roasting bag and cover with boiling water and often leave it overnight, stewing meats and lamb especially! Oh and carrot cake is delicious! Certainly wouldn't be without it. Best thing since sliced bread lol! There are a couple of face book sites with info and recipes. Enjoy!
I know the post is from ages ago, but, can you advise what the Facebook sites are called please..and yes I know I is thick

Jun 16, 2015
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Full time
I know the post is from ages ago, but, can you advise what the Facebook sites are called please..and yes I know I is thick
Mr D thermal cooking or thermal cooking, there are a few, but anything you might make in a slow cooker, and use roasting bags as I mentioned before. Lots of sites. Happy cooking! 😋😋

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back