LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well, just finished the Gin Pit marathon in Leigh Lancashire. 6 4.4 mile laps.

Tough going, not A great time, but using it as a learning experience.

Got a 16 mile fell run next weekend and then its a lovely 4 weeks off with some Malvern partying a trip to the USA before coming back and flying off to France for the MEDOC marathon.

can't wait for the rest....

Have you lot all stopped over summer? :Cool:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Well, just finished the Gin Pit marathon in Leigh Lancashire. 6 4.4 mile laps.

Tough going, not A great time, but using it as a learning experience.

Got a 16 mile fell run next weekend and then its a lovely 4 weeks off with some Malvern partying a trip to the USA before coming back and [HI]flying off to France for the MEDOC marathon. [/HI]

can't wait for the rest....

Have you lot all stopped over summer? :Cool:

i can never stand up after a marathon on the MEDOC :ROFLMAO::sorry2:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Paul that must have been as big a mental challenge as a physical one running 6 laps.

No not given up just suffered a few injuries since Edinburgh and been busy renavating new house. Calf injury seems to have heal up now and doing a few short runs while on holiday, ran round Lake Bled at 6am the other day. Then a quick 5k round Izola before jumping fully clothed in to the Adriatic Sea at 7am got a few strange looks but it was already in the high 20s.

I am now in Bovec and will be doing some nice hill work in the morning before going white water rafting in the Soca river, so hopefully will be fully fit for my next marathon in Berlin. Doing less training seemed to work for Edinburgh so might work again :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy your race next week and your rest afterwards.

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Hey y'all,

Yes haganap, I'm one of those that have dropped off the radar for a while. Mainly due to broadband issues here, back at work now, currently swinging around the pick, (at anchor) off Houston, Texas.
Well done with all the running over the Summer, you've had it hot! I've been away five weeks now so missed all that.
I see you are in Chester Marathon, see you on the start line! That's the one I'm training for now. Bagged 20 miles on the dreadmill this afternoon so should be up for it.
I also have a place in the GNR but will be lucky to get home for it. It's a charity place, missed out on the ballot, am running for the NSPCC so it's a good cause anyhow.
If I don't get back in time I'll run Chester in their vest and that will be my run for charity this year. Good luck with MEDOC, that looks like a fun event.

Hi Gerry, I remember that you were heading Slovenia way for your hols, lovely area. I was there on the ship earlier this year and ran from the ship, alongside in Koper, all along the coast to Porto Rosa. It was spectacular. I thought Izola was a charming little spot, some money floating around the Marina there...Hope you are going to be ready for Berlin, not that long off now. The marathon of the current world record I think...

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
The next time you need some music for your running pics/vids Paul here is just the thing
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg"]Benny Hill Theme - YouTube[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I wonder if Paul does more mileage than the Bessy?

I do hope Nikki is taking care of Paul's increased servicing requirements!:thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Hey y'all,

Yes haganap, I'm one of those that have dropped off the radar for a while. Mainly due to broadband issues here, back at work now, currently swinging around the pick, (at anchor) off Houston, Texas.
Well done with all the running over the Summer, you've had it hot! I've been away five weeks now so missed all that.
I see you are in Chester Marathon, see you on the start line! That's the one I'm training for now. Bagged 20 miles on the dreadmill this afternoon so should be up for it.
I also have a place in the GNR but will be lucky to get home for it. It's a charity place, missed out on the ballot, am running for the NSPCC so it's a good cause anyhow.
If I don't get back in time I'll run Chester in their vest and that will be my run for charity this year. Good luck with MEDOC, that looks like a fun event.

Hi Gerry, I remember that you were heading Slovenia way for your hols, lovely area. I was there on the ship earlier this year and ran from the ship, alongside in Koper, all along the coast to Porto Rosa. It was spectacular. I thought Izola was a charming little spot, some money floating around the Marina there...Hope you are going to be ready for Berlin, not that long off now. The marathon of the current world record I think...

are you taking the camper to Chester des? I know some good places to stop if you are. We are going in the camper too. Maybe we could meet up for some pasta...:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Woke up this morning at 6 to a lovely sunny morning in the mountains, couldn't be bothered going a run at that time so went at 7 for an hour and wished I'd went at 6 as the temp fairly shot up.

Only did an hour but was nice and hilly so worked the legs.

Hi Des

Yes Izola was lovely and as you say loads of money sitting in the marina we only stayed for 3 nights as the heat was unbearable, it reached 39 so far to hot for me.

Had thought of Chester also might see if there's space after Berlin.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Woke up this morning at 6 to a lovely sunny morning in the mountains, couldn't be bothered going a run at that time so went at 7 for an hour and wished I'd went at 6 as the temp fairly shot up.

Only did an hour but was nice and hilly so worked the legs.

Hi Des

Yes Izola was lovely and as you say loads of money sitting in the marina we only stayed for 3 nights as the heat was unbearable, it reached 39 so far to hot for me.

Had thought of Chester also might see if there's space after Berlin.

Get yersel to Tibbie Shiels Gerry its pishing down :rain::helptitanic: - ideal for fell running. We'll wave to you from the boozer window :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ken & Lynda

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Medoc Marathon

Just back from the fantastic Medoc marathon. so so so so much fun....

A must do event....

23 wine stops, people more interested in what your costume is than how fast you go.....:ROFLMAO:

Here's a pic, Im the silver alien

Marathon number 11 of the year and by far the best...... Can't wait to go back there with the van next year... here's a little video too

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14dya8_replay-marathon-du-medoc-2013_sport#.Uiz1DHFuwLA.facebook"]Replay Marathon du Medoc 2013 - Vidéo Dailymotion[/ame]

Attachments

• facebook running.jpg
    facebook running.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 17

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The worring thing is Paul I recognised you with out reading the post are you sure you dressed up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well done that's some running this year.

My training for Berlin was coming along nicely with my LSR planned for yesterday until disaster struck on Thursday, I was packing my bag to go into hospital for a minor procedure and while slightly bent over my bed putting my slippers in I sneezed and done my back in. On Thursday I thought I'd be lucky if I could walk in 3 weeks but after a session with Physio I'm feeling a lot better and hope to do short run Wednesday then try my LSR next week.
Only I now have a cold coming on or I hope that's what it is as Sophie has whooping cough and I seem to have the same symptoms she had so at worse it will be a nice weeks holiday and a slow marathon :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
The worring thing is Paul I recognised you with out reading the post are you sure you dressed up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well done that's some running this year.

My training for Berlin was coming along nicely with my LSR planned for yesterday until disaster struck on Thursday, I was packing my bag to go into hospital for a minor procedure and while slightly bent over my bed putting my slippers in I sneezed and done my back in. On Thursday I thought I'd be lucky if I could walk in 3 weeks but after a session with Physio I'm feeling a lot better and hope to do short run Wednesday then try my LSR next week.
Only I now have a cold coming on or I hope that's what it is as Sophie has whooping cough and I seem to have the same symptoms she had so at worse it will be a nice weeks holiday and a slow marathon :ROFLMAO:

Oh dear Gerry, sounds a nightmare :Sad:

Good luck with getting to Berlin :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Just back from the fantastic Medoc marathon. so so so so much fun....

A must do event....

[HI]23 wine stops, people more interested in what your costume is than how fast you go.....:ROFLMAO:[/HI]

Here's a pic, Im the silver alien

Marathon number 11 of the year and by far the best...... Can't wait to go back there with the van next year... here's a little video too

I wouldn't mind having some of that... :thumb:

Can you do it on a motorbike... :winky:::bigsmile:

Well done Paul,,,, a massive achievement... :thumb::thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Cheers Paul im really surprised how good it feels today so fingers crossed and will try an easy 5 mile tomorrow to see if its ok.

If not i will just getted pi**ed the night before and run it anyway.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Well done Paul on your run - that's some achievement:thumb:

Gerry - hope your back holds up and that your cold does not develop. I had the flu over two weeks ago and am only just recovered although still ave a cough.

Kath and Howie

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks like my injury jinxs is going to continue, my back has healed up really quick and went for a 4 mile run on Friday and a 7 mile run today before nightshift with the plan on doing a 18 midweek.

Well this morning while walking from the hall to the kitchen i kicked a set of metal ladders with my bare foot, it hurt but not as bad as it did after my run and my toe is now black and in pain :ROFLMAO: hoping its just bruised and will be better in a day or two.

so looks like the weeks holiday in Berlin will be nice and i will take it easy and just enjoy the atmosphere of the marathon. there again my heads still telling me to go for a PB :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Looks like my injury jinxs is going to continue, my back has healed up really quick and went for a 4 mile run on Friday and a 7 mile run today before nightshift with the plan on doing a 18 midweek.

Well this morning while walking from the hall to the kitchen i kicked a set of metal ladders with my bare foot, it hurt but not as bad as it did after my run and my toe is now black and in pain :ROFLMAO: hoping its just bruised and will be better in a day or two.

so looks like the weeks holiday in Berlin will be nice and i will take it easy and just enjoy the atmosphere of the marathon. there again my heads still telling me to go for a PB :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hell Gerry, you are going through a tough time. Make sure you R.I.C.E and all that and I am us the toe will be fine. How long before you go to Berlin? When do you start your taper?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hell Gerry, you are going through a tough time. Make sure you R.I.C.E and all that and I am us the toe will be fine. How long before you go to Berlin? When do you start your taper?

Hi Sandra Berlin is two week today was meant to start my taper last week but due to back problem didnt get my long run in. I was 4 weeks late in starting my training due to injury so was planning on a two or three week taper looks like it will be a 10 day one now as havent run over 16miles.

Im hoping its just brusing but its a bit sore tonight at work :cry::cry: will just adjust my plan as i go was hoping to try for a pb and go with the 3.45 pacer so will still do that and will adjust plan as i run plan b would be to get under 4 then if thats not possible i will move on to plan c to finish alive :ROFLMAO: I dont have a plan d :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
just go for it Gerry.

The best Marathons ive done are when I have dismissed hte need for a time and just gone and enjoyed myself.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well what can I say that was some experience running the Berlin marathon, they said 40,000 would be doing it felt more like 80 the first 10k reminded me of the January sales at Primark with everyone pushing for space. I thought dont worry it will even out in a bit well it didn't really and the water stations where like giro day at the post office with folk tripping over others to get their first. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyway on to the race incase your not aware a world record was set and no it wasn't me before you ask but well done that man brilliant time. Due to the lack of training and injury I had in my mind just plod round and enjoy it until I got to the Start line I thought I may as well try for a PB. So off I went pushing and shoving my way past loads who where never going to finish in the pen time they where in. First 10k went no problem and spot on time although I'd run an extra 200m on my watch, got to 20k and I was feeling good although my calf was starting to get slightly sore, got to 32k in 2.55 so 57mins for a pb although at this time the lack of training was starting to tell by 34 I was getting really sore and tired then the big inspiration came by the way of a giant TV screen and a good luck message from my lovely daughter (thanks Sophie) this was worth about 5 energy gels alone. By the time I got to 39k I was completely goosed but determined not to stop so started signing to take my mind of things by 41k I was dead on my feet and my left calf back of the knee was killing me, kept it going though and managed a 3.55.38 which was 3 mins slower than my PB but extremely happy as that's the toughest 1 hour I have ever done.

I think it may be my ITB and not my calf as all the pain in the outside back of the knee, also must remember the Vaseline as my nipples are killing me see attached pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Well done Gerry, we were looking out for you on the TV but with the crowds could not see anyone we knew.

Kath and Howie

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Well done Gerry, great result.

However I must say, that I'm glad you never PB'd. My facebook page is full of probably every runner than ran Berlin yesterday rubbing it in and telling me they got a pb. One of my friends shaved over 20 mins off her time !!!! I was begining to think the course was blinking short !! especially when I saw the WR being broken. Looked fantastic though, would you recommend it?

Im doing Chester at the weekend. Don't think there will be any world records there though:Blush:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Gerry, great result.

However I must say, that I'm glad you never PB'd. My facebook page is full of probably every runner than ran Berlin yesterday rubbing it in and telling me they got a pb. One of my friends shaved over 20 mins off her time !!!! I was begining to think the course was blinking short !! especially when I saw the WR being broken. Looked fantastic though, would you recommend it?

Im doing Chester at the weekend. Don't think there will be any world records there though:Blush:

Hi Paul
I do think if my training had went ok I would have had a PB although I moaned about it being crowded it certainly helped me not notice the mileage and the last few miles where just great with the crowd, I'm sure if it hadn't been for them I'd have been slower. So in answer to your question yes I'd recommend it although I'd wear a camel pak as so many others did. I couldn't understand why they only had the stations on one side in such a big event and drinking out of cups while running, I reckon the water stops added about a min or so overall.

If your interested the ballot opened today first time doing ballot, would also recommend the MH stop we used as its just about slap bang in the city center.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Gerry, we were looking out for you on the TV but with the crowds could not see anyone we knew.

Kath and Howie

Thanks Kath and Howie I'm not surprised you couldn't see anyone Lorraine was standing at the 7KM mark to take my pic and didn't see me until I tapped her shoulder on way past.

Well done Gerry, glad you enjoyed the event.:thumb:

Brisey.

Thanks Brisey loved the whole thing not just the race the city also what a lovely place to spend a few days.

Gerry

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Thank's Gerry, had a lovely time in a very hot Chester. stopped overnight on the Roodee.

Great race with a decent enough atmosphere.

On Thursday, the likely hood was that I would have to pull out as I had a serious hamstring strain that I though might be a tear. I had it massaged and although sore, I thought I would try it out. I thought I would run the first 6 and then see how things were. I managed to complete it. No PB 6 mins off but very hot, but Chester was the first Marathon I ran 2 years ago and i was 30 mins quicker, so must be doing something right :thumb:

Track marathon next month, then Goathland marathong in November before heading off to Portsmouth marathon in December, Anglesey in January and February is off the menu as Im skiing.

I officially dont like road marathons, I much prefer the trails. :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Paul I think we are just getting to old for this running lark with all the injuries. A couple of runners from my running club where doing it and from their Facebook comments it was hot, you must still be pleased though to take half an hour of your time from two years ago.

Good luck with the rest of your marathons I've nothing planned yet as been told I have to get this house I'm doing up finished :ROFLMAO:

Did you hear how Desres did.

Well done Gerry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back