LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Just back home after the Edinburgh Marathon and thankfully got out of my nightshift, very please with my time and felt quite fresh at the end and actually did my mile from 25 to 26 mile.

Time was 3.52.12 thought at mile 22 I had a chance of sub 3.50 but long very slight hill that felt like Everest and went on for a mile, so thought I'd take it easy and make up for it just missed out but still pleased.

Got some sunburn on my head also must wear a wig next year :ROFLMAO:

Looks like I will have to alter my target for Berlin in September and try and get in the 3.40s.

that's super fast running there Gerry :thumb:
Think I might get me one of them new hips and see if I can get faster :ROFLMAO:

im getting entered for this next June. Cant wait.

Broken Link Removed

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
that's super fast running there Gerry :thumb:
Think I might get me one of them [HI][/HI]new hips [HI][/HI]and see if I can get faster :ROFLMAO:

im getting entered for this next June. Cant wait.

Broken Link Removed

Thanks Paul

Who's say the NHS is crap :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That D-Day run looks really good I am wanting to do an ultra and had hoped to do one at the start of this year but a stupid niggly injury prevented me, so if my holidays fall right I might be tempted.

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Congratulations Gerry and well done with your time. Yes, that last bit is a bit of a slog.::bigsmile:
However, if you were feeling that fresh you can't have quite pushed enough...:ROFLMAO:
No running here recently, too busy working on my house but with some epic sessions at the beach kitesurfing, both I find to be knackering hobbies.:Eeek:
Heading up to North Berwick in the van today, packed the running kit...:Cool:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
anyone done a tough mudder?

no chance that I would but ill come and watch!!

Thought of doing it last year as they had one close to me but at over £70 a go I thought better of it.

I know Paul (Haggers) has done Hell up north have a look on you tube as it does look fun :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I just think they are too dear. Fun but too expensive when you can run a good LDWA marathon for a tenner. Try to stay away from the corporate stuff.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
However Daryl, if you do it, I will do it with you :winky:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Just back home after the Edinburgh Marathon and thankfully got out of my nightshift, very please with my time and felt quite fresh at the end and actually did my mile from 25 to 26 mile.

Time was 3.52.12 thought at mile 22 I had a chance of sub 3.50 but long very slight hill that felt like Everest and went on for a mile, so thought I'd take it easy and make up for it just missed out but still pleased.

Got some sunburn on my head also must wear a wig next year :ROFLMAO:

Looks like I will have to alter my target for Berlin in September and try and get in the 3.40s.

Well done Gerry, that's a fantastic time. Berlin is supposed to be the fastest marathon course in the world so your 3:50 target should fly out the window!

We did so much hill walking on our recent trip we were too tired for running, legs ache worse after walking than they ever do after running :Doh:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks Sandra

Will do my best to get sub 3.50 but you just never know on the day, hope to do a few races before hand even found one in Italy that we might just be close to on holiday :ROFLMAO:

Glad you had a good holiday weather didn't seem to bad for you.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
OMG,,,,, What have I done this time :cry:

Went to a wedding on Sunday of one of my Ultra running buddies. Sat there after a few wines.

Chatting to a couple of the running ladies, it became aparant that they were all running for various reasons. these included, all of their children had either Autism one was severely partially sighted and the other has Down syndrome.

They were talking about a marathon that they had entered in November called the spooky challenge. Starting at 4pm in the dark, running laps of 0.8 miles, in fancy dress with people jumping out to scare you.

Fun I thought, but I can not enter as I am doing a track marathon the next day....

Then, why not do both Paul? what a great way to help raise money for your charities if we all did both i replied. 1 by 1 the 3 ladies said "im Game" and that was that.

Im now running my first ever marathon double.....
that's 2 marathons 1 weekend, 1 starting at 4pm so Ill finish about 10pm, drive home, get up at 9 am and then run 106 laps of a running track...

time to give up drinking, my brain is writing cheques Im not sure if my body can cash. :Eeek:

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
OMG,,,,, What have I done this time :cry:

Went to a wedding on Sunday of one of my Ultra running buddies. Sat there after a few wines.

Chatting to a couple of the running ladies, it became aparant that they were all running for various reasons. these included, all of their children had either Autism one was severely partially sighted and the other has Down syndrome.

They were talking about a marathon that they had entered in November called the spooky challenge. Starting at 4pm in the dark, running laps of 0.8 miles, in fancy dress with people jumping out to scare you.

Fun I thought, but I can not enter as I am doing a track marathon the next day....

Then, why not do both Paul? what a great way to help raise money for your charities if we all did both i replied. 1 by 1 the 3 ladies said "im Game" and that was that.

Im now running my first ever marathon double.....
that's 2 marathons 1 weekend, 1 starting at 4pm so Ill finish about 10pm, drive home, get up at 9 am and then run 106 laps of a running track...

time to give up drinking, my brain is writing cheques Im not sure if my body can cash. :Eeek:

Ha ha! The spooky run sounds like a laugh, the track marathon to follow may be less enjoyable though. A good "double" challenge though . ::bigsmile:

Just trying to get my ultra legs back after an 8 month "running sabbatical". Offered to sweep a 40 mile trail race in just over 5 weeks so I hope my legs come back soon!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Paul I have been thinking of something to say to you but the words he's a nutter keep springing to mind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm sure you know that though.

On a serious note that's some challenge Paul maybe more mental on the second day than physical running round a track for hours.

Good luck

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Well I have plenty of practising coming up...
I have
June- Lancaster marathon
July- dig deep ultra (30miler)
August- month off
September-Gritstone grind 34 miler hilly
October-Chester marathon
November double...

Jees, better rest up this weekend at the bring and buy ::bigsmile:

Tim. Which 40 mile ultra are you sweeping

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Paul I have been thinking of something to say to you but the words he's a nutter keep springing to mind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm sure you know that though.

On a serious note that's some challenge Paul maybe more mental on the second day than physical running round a track for hours.

Good luck

Definitely MENTAL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well I have plenty of practising coming up...
I have
June- Lancaster marathon
July- dig deep ultra (30miler)
August- month off
September-Gritstone grind 34 miler hilly
October-Chester marathon
November double...

Jees, better rest up this weekend at the bring and buy ::bigsmile:

Tim. Which 40 mile ultra are you sweeping

It's the Clyde Stride, Glasgow to New Lanark race. Picture is of me dressed for the part a couple of years ago. ;-)

Tim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Im In, Can't believe it, had a real stroke of luck.... Friend of mine has had to pull out of the Medoc Marathon In Bordeux France. So Im in, got given his place including Accommodation Flights and entry.

If you don't know, this is one of the top 5 marathons in the world. Waterstops replaced by wine stops.... all in fancy dress.....

Cant wait....

Here's a teaser for you all.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n14iTByVpSo"]Départ du Marathon du Médoc 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Had a few photos left from me and our running club, so put them to music.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GswRIo5CDdM&feature=youtu.be&a"]born to run - YouTube[/ame]

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I ran the Lancaster marathon yesterday,

Wow that was real tough, so so so hilly and only a field of 110 ran it. Very lonely on some busy(ish) roads. It was more like a long training run with marshals. But I finished it so job done, thighs burning today so a rest for a few days me thinks :thumb:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I ran the Lancaster marathon yesterday,

Wow that was real tough, so so so hilly and only a field of 110 ran it. Very lonely on some busy(ish) roads. It was more like a long training run with marshals. But I finished it so job done, thighs burning today so a rest for a few days me thinks :thumb:

Well done nutcase :thumb: think you should change your forum name to Haganut, much more suited! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
OMG bagged 47 miles this weekend in such devastating heat....

Used the van as the race truck for our running club, 18 of us attended to race in the dig deep running festival.

Got blisters the size of golf balls, swore all day at myself telling me that I should of taken up darts, but, I did it, and I didn't finish last in either race :thumb:

Nice rest now before thinking on what I do next. :Eeek:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Paul great acheviemnt, sit down and have a nice cool beer you deserve it.
I still can't seem to get over 5 miles without hurting myself and really need to start training as I have Berlin marathon in 10 weeks, it is getting slightly better as I'm I ring and stretching it a bit, getting up early to jog to work tomorrow and hopefully get into full training soon.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well done Hagarnut. Take care of those blisters in this heat, it's easy to get an infection in them. Salt water foot baths used to help me and good old surgical spirit when the new skin has formed to toughen it up.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Well done Hagarnut. Take care of those blisters in this heat, it's easy to get an infection in them. Salt water foot baths used to help me and good old surgical spirit when the new skin has formed to toughen it up.

Whats wrong with tinc-benz? -The MAN'S (or sado-masochist's!) teatment for blisters!:Eeek:
Used some of it whilst tabbing over the Picos de Europa in the early 90's! F**K THAT HURT!!!!!:cry:
As the team medic, I really enjoyed injecting that into other people's blisters after that!:roflmto:

I'll admit it too! I'm out running 3 times a weeks! Only as training for service rifle competitions, you understand.......... nothing else!!!!!!!::bigsmile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Tincture of benzoin has two main medical uses: as a treatment for damaged skin in the "Compound" form, and as an inhalant in the non-Compound form.
Compound Tincture of Benzoin (CTB) is often applied to skin before applying tape or other adhesive bandages. To some degree, it protects the skin from allergy to the adhesive in the tape or bandage, but mostly it makes the tape or bandages adhere much longer. Plain Tincture of Benzoin will not do this, and tape will tend not to stick to skin treated with it.[1] It is also used by athletes for its reputation of toughening skin exposed to the tincture. Orthopedists applying a cast often spray CTB in an aerosol can onto skin before casting, as it protects the skin under the cast, and diminishes itching.
It can be applied to minor cuts as a styptic and antiseptic (an effect of both the benzoin and its alcohol solvent).[1]
As plain Tincture of Benzoin, it is also used as an oral mucosal protectant, for recurring canker sores, fever blisters, and the like.
Plain Tincture of Benzoin can also be inhaled in steam as a treatment for various conditions including bronchitis and colds. There is some disagreement as to whether or not benzoin should be used as a treatment for asthma.[2][3]
It is used in the U.S. military to treat blisters. A common treatment utilized by medics in the U.S. Army is to drain the fluid from a blister and to inject the same amount of compound tincture of benzoin, to help seal the space created by the blister, to serve as a local antiseptic, and to prevent further abrasion or loss of skin. This is commonly known as a "hot shot" amongst military personnel due to the extreme burning sensation that will be experienced for several moments when the tincture is applied.:Eeek:

Go on Paul, you know you want some!!!!!!

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Whats wrong with tinc-benz? -The MAN'S (or sado-masochist's!) teatment for blisters!:Eeek:
Used some of it whilst tabbing over the Picos de Europa in the early 90's! F**K THAT HURT!!!!!:cry:
As the team medic, I really enjoyed injecting that into other people's blisters after that!:roflmto:

I'll admit it too! I'm out running 3 times a weeks! Only as training for service rifle competitions, you understand.......... nothing else!!!!!!!::bigsmile:

Jees Jon, I think I will stick to the blinking Compeede blister plasters for now. It only happened due to a terrible choice in socks and trainers, I went in the first race 33 miles in road shoes. Although the race was trail it was very hard and dry, but being uneven made it difficult on the road shoe. Next day was done in brand spanking new salamon trail shoes, worked perfect with new socks but alas the damage was done.

On the positive side of things, just booked a nice 33 miler known as the "long tour of Bradwell" for 3 weeks time.

Oh BTW Jon,, see you at the London marathon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back