Meet at the new Marjal - March 2012 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
2 things for our illustrious leader !!!

uno......When you see my van you will want to give me a free years subscription !!:cry:

dos......Are you bringing the marquee??:Cool:

Funsters arriving thick and fast !! Sounds like if JJ is bringing work with him....The Princess will have her Marigolds on polishing the van !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Jim has left Zahora so get ready for inspection. :ROFLMAO::Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Marjal wishes a safe trip to all the funsters!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

The Marjal Team

Ha ha ha ha haaaaa. There were the biblical plagues of locusts, there were biblical plagues of rats but a plague of Funsters, they never get reported, there ain't nothing left to report after a plague of Funsters. Only granite survives a plague of Funsters, but it gets badly worn.

The first Funster rally was in a pleasant meadow in the USA, they call it The Grand Canyon now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Ha ha ha ha haaaaa. There were the biblical plagues of locusts, there were biblical plagues of rats but a plague of Funsters, they never get reported, there ain't nothing left to report after a plague of Funsters. Only granite survives a plague of Funsters, but it gets badly worn.

The first Funster rally was in a pleasant meadow in the USA, they call it The Grand Canyon now.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .... OMG :Eeek:

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
First day

We're coming to the end of our first proper day.

We walked into San Felipe Neri, the closest village, about half an hour's walk away on nice, fairly quiet roads. The bar was shut :cry: but we bought gread from the bread shop, and a few other bits from the other shops there, but not a lot of choice, TBH.

Tomorrow, we'll walk into Catral, which is a similar distance away, but a bigger town. We're currently watching the footy via the on-pitch TV. We bought a cable from the shop (€9) to connect us.

I got the road bike out, and cycled 10 miles today as a warmup, all on roads. The drivers here are very considerate to cyclists and walkers.

We're very impressed, so far. We had a drink at the bar earlier (€4-odd for a large Heineken and a glass of rosé wine and a tub of nuts/nibbles). There seemed to be a good selection of tapas available. Tomorrow we'll be trying the gym / spa.

It's a tough life.

Gerald

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We have been delayed by an appointment to see an orthopeadic consultant on 5th Mar.-I'd been waiting a year ,and it had to happen now!!
We will leave Portsmouth on 6th.Mar.and it will be 'Pedal to the Metal' all the way ::bigsmile:

Mike.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Valencia - Fiesta de Las Fallas

Thought perhaps those attending the meet at Marjal might like to have a look at the link below about this world famous event...which clashes with the "meet" dates. We will be cutting out from Marjal for a couple of days as we have never visited the fiesta,,,,,, but have long promised ourselves to do so. Seems crazy to be so close and not make the effort.

http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/spanish-festivals/fallas.htm

Regards, Bryan

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thought perhaps those attending the meet at Marjal might like to have a look at the link below about this world famous event...which clashes with the "meet" dates. We will be cutting out from Marjal for a couple of days as we have never visited the fiesta,,,,,, but have long promised ourselves to do so. Seems crazy to be so close and not make the effort.

http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/spanish-festivals/fallas.htm

Regards, Bryan

Its a great site to see. we are staying till 15th then moving on to Gandia ACSI site to see it again before trip home.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
hi all

we are near pau in France, misty today the last two days on the journey down was sunny.

might head to saragoza today or San Sebastian for a few days.

glad some funsters have arrived and are enjoying the site.
pat

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Nice to see that you're on your way, Pat.

It's quiet foggy here this morning, although the sun is definitely trying to break through.

Hope you have a safe rest of your journey. See you soon!

Gerald

hendersonof

Free Member
Dec 9, 2011
scotland
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
Marjal via santander help ??

Hi,
hope all at new marjal enjoying themselves so far we are booked in for 19th march a bit late but better than never however can anyone help with an r.v. Friendly site nearby santander as we come off ferry 11.00 am for an overnight ????

Then any tips for stops and best route from santander would be greatly appreciated tks .

Regards
david & liz

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I think we dock around then on 8th.Mar.-Our first stop will be about 300k towards Madrid-I'll ask 'management' when she gets back from barbers ::bigsmile:
Mike.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Ready for the off.

Our van is packed and in a short while we will be on our way to Portsmouth for tonights ferry to Santander. :thumb: We hope to arrive at Marjal on Monday afternoon.::bigsmile: We are looking forward to some Fun in the Sun with the Funsters.:Cool:
See you all soon.
Brisey & Pam.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Have to behave myself now..

The boss has arrived.. :thumb:

Just a shame we are all splattered all over the place.. :cry:

Not Jim`s fault I hasten to add..

I think my only gripe about this place is that the powers to be hadn`t given a little thought to placements for us all..

I because of size didn`t expect to be among our lot but tis a shame for the others arriving they are not all in one section.... "C" block has about 200 odd plots and a large proportion is empty and would not have hurt to put us all in the same vicinity..

Just my personel thoughts/observations.. :RollEyes:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp

Not Jim`s fault I hasten to add..

I think my only gripe about this place is that the powers to be hadn`t given a little thought to placements for us all..

I because of size didn`t expect to be among our lot but tis a shame for the others arriving they are not all in one section.... "C" block has about 200 odd plots and a large proportion is empty and would not have hurt to put us all in the same vicinity..

Is it not possible to ask to be all together? May be it is still time before everyone get there to ask to have all the pitches together??? Worth a try !!! I guess they can't know you want to be with such and such if you don't ask. You should go all together ... men and women (it'll be more impressive :Blush: )and bang the fist on their desk.... Arrrrggg, you should be trained like french:roflmto::roflmto:

Affectueusement

Frankie:winky:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Is it not possible to ask to be all together? May be it is still time before everyone get there to ask to have all the pitches together??? Worth a try !!! I guess they can't know you want to be with such and such if you don't ask. You should go all together ... men and women (it'll be more impressive :Blush: )and bang the fist on their desk.... Arrrrggg, you should be trained like french:roflmto::roflmto:

Affectueusement

Frankie:winky:

To be honest Frankie...

I would have thought "Common Sense" would have prevailed....

After all said and done you dont have to be a rocket scientist to realise so many from one club booking a "Rally"... would like to be near to each other...

Three rows in "C" block in front of us are completely empty, and have only had one or two odd ones on all the time we have been here... Thought it would have been an ideal spot for 30-40 funsters to park.. :RollEyes:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
To be honest Frankie...

I would have thought "Common Sense" would have prevailed....

After all said and done you dont have to be a rocket scientist to realise so many from one club booking a "Rally"... would like to be near to each other...

Three rows in "C" block in front of us are completely empty, and have only had one or two odd ones on all the time we have been here... Thought it would have been an ideal spot for 30-40 funsters to park.. :RollEyes:
perhaps warners warned marjal what a bunch of funsters are like?:roflmto:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I.m.h.o !!!!

OK folks, let's have a vote !!!
Here at Marjal TV we have....

BBC 1
BBC 2 Wales !!! (Sorry about St. David's Day ! )
ITV
ITV 2

My opinion only, but, I would prefer BBC 2 England and Channel 4 instead of ITV 2

Any one else got any opinions ?????:Cool::Cool::Cool:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Hmm.that confirms my suspicions-from a few posts where Funsters had given their plot Nos.I was getting the feeling that we were spread about a bit.
My previous experience of Spanish sites has been that reception gave you a little map and you went off and chose your pitch,then went back and told them where you were-is this not the case at Marjal ?

Mike.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hmm.that confirms my suspicions-from a few posts where Funsters had given their plot Nos.I was getting the feeling that we were spread about a bit.
My previous experience of Spanish sites has been that reception gave you a little map and you went off and chose your pitch,then went back and told them where you were-is this not the case at Marjal ?

Mike.

YES

Mel
:winky::thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We are here Pitch C026 :Smile:

I will have a word about the pitches, they always promised we'd be all in one area, so know idea why they plan to split us up. The majority of Funsters arrive on the 5th, hopefully I will have sorted it by then:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have faith in our Blessed Leader (may his name be praised) and the power of Raimon once he gets to know of the problem... I am sure it will all be fine... well, who is going to argue with our Blessed Leader (may his name be praised)? :thumb:

A rally/meet where we are all spread out amongst normal people has very little attraction to me... we might as well park by a beach or similar for nothing and drop in occasionally to make social calls. :Sad:

I certainly hadn't planned on paying money to park next to strangers...:Eeek:

What happens if they are United fans? :Angry:

Or their SOGs are fanning us with their fumes...?

Or they don't like the sweet sounds of Judas Priest/Motorhead/Metallica/Kipors/Solexs...? :Eeek:

JJ :Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are here Pitch C026 :Smile:

I will have a word about the pitches, they always promised we'd be all in one area, so know idea why they plan to split us up. The majority of Funsters arrive on the 5th, hopefully I will have sorted it by then:thumb:

Clearly the work of The Dark Side, divide and conquer. Your our only hope, Don Jim, your people are depending on you. Remember how you parted the waves in another life. Come what may,we will follow you through hell.

PS. Cap Blanch is an excellent plan B, full of lovely Dutch people.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just wondering which route and stopovers Funsters took to Marjal

Calais via Rouen, Bordeaux then onto Zaragosa (Sp) or route Calais, Paris, Perpignan etc?

Would the weather / road conditions be better on either route?

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp

Calais via Rouen, Bordeaux then onto Zaragosa (Sp) or route Calais, Paris, Perpignan etc?

Weather has been brillant lately Kath ... no need to worry !! I would not try to cross through Andorra though ... you never know which weather you'll get ...It changes far too quickly! If you choose Perpignan it can be on national roads or motorways:winky:

Unfortunatly I won't be there anymore to host you for a night rest.... as I will be flying to Madrid on Saturday evening::bigsmile:!

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool:

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
We did an early afternoon Eurotunnel crossing.

Broglie aire
La Creche aire
Anglet aire
Biarritz aire (never again)

into Spain

Villafranca ACSI site
Arnes ACSI site
Marjal

One problem with the location is the RVs - there are only so many pitches that can take an RV. Most pitches in this area are the Confort pitches (90sq.m), and you wouldn't fit an RV on it.

When we arrived, the guy checking us in indicated that they were putting Funsters into 2 specific rows in the C section.

Gerald

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Calais ? You mean you got lost ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back