Nigel Crompton
Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Why not if you send a Stamped addressed Envelope with the appropriate stamps required OR request, on here, for any Funster who is coming over to bring some? 🤔
It got too complicated buying UK postage online then getting it to Jim within the timescales the PO set for it's use. I keep dropping hints to Jim (hello ..??) that if he sends me some I will distribute here .....:wasntme:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I fitted the white cover and it works fine at reflecting heat and does a good job stopping light,
Even in bright sun it lets minimal light in, mine is fitted above the bed so lowering the window blinds gives me plenty of light if needed,
I also fitted the fan blind but haven’t needed to use it, but the LEDs are bright and very easy to use while lying in bed, Much better than the original light switches,
And as been said the blind will rob you of 80% of your airflow if you use it,

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Yes, I did. I chose not to believe it. If you have an unobstructed 40x40cm aperture for the free flow of air and then fill that aperture with a baffle how is that not going to affect throughput ?
I have one fitted with the illuminated blind and I can confirm that when the blind is closed, all air is redirected through the perforated holes at the front and rear whether the fan is running or not, thus you still get air coming through even when the lid is shut and the blind is closed.
Normally you would not run the fan with the blind closed as the blind is thin and would get blown or sucked up.
I hope that clears matters.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Discovered that Maaxfan make black cowls that cover the whole thing. But once stuck on the roof the fan becomes completely inaccessible ... dunno yet whether they're available in eu
What’s the point of that cowl, except for desert (dusty) areas ? an IKEA seat cushion works very well at a fraction of the price and is removable 👍🏻

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
How well does your fan work with a cushion stuffed in it ?
Doesn’t work, no point in stuffing cushion in if you need the fan on. The point of the cushion would be 2 fold, 1. As an insulated blank for winter (stops all air from entering van) and if required light blocker.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I have one fitted with the illuminated blind and I can confirm that when the blind is closed, all air is redirected through the perforated holes at the front and rear whether the fan is running or not, thus you still get air coming through even when the lid is shut and the blind is closed.
Normally you would not run the fan with the blind closed as the blind is thin and would get blown or sucked up.
I hope that clears matters.
Air does get forced through the holes, but it's almost nothing. Functionality pointless.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Air does get forced through the holes, but it's almost nothing. Functionality pointless.
So no definitative answer to this air flow question.... some say limited air flow.. others say airflow not restricted....

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
So no definitative answer to this air flow question.... some say limited air flow.. others say airflow not restricted....
Air normally goes through an opening over a square foot when the blind is open. A couple of dozen pin holes and gaps does not compare. The only time we close the blind for our fan for the over cab bed is in the winter. In the summer, even though we've got a clear hood, we leave the blind open to get some airflow.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I’m wondering if someone like bags4everything would be able to make a ‘shower cap ‘ styled bonnet out of that silver shiny fabric to pop over the transparent bit

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
I’m wondering if someone like bags4everything would be able to make a ‘shower cap ‘ styled bonnet out of that silver shiny fabric to pop over the transparent bit
Sure they could.. However how you going to get up there to fit it... and would it still be there after a dash up M6..
Therefore I assume it would need to be removed everything you move...
OR would it be able to be fitted from inside????

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sure they could.. However how you going to get up there to fit it... and would it still be there after a dash up M6..
Therefore I assume it would need to be removed everything you move...
OR would it be able to be fitted from inside????
Hmmmmmm ... a waterproof ruck-sack cover might do the trick ... being able to put it on and off though could be interesting!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back