LPG in Northampton (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
The lpg pumps at Westbridge BP station in St James Northampton have been shut off for a couple of weeks now and chatting with the attendant today he believes that they will not be re instated due to low sales.

I notice on mylpg that Morrison's in Wellingborough are listed. Can anyone confirm this please?

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Nov 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
The lpg pumps at Westbridge BP station in St James Northampton have been shut off for a couple of weeks now and chatting with the attendant today he believes that they will not be re instated due to low sales.

I notice on mylpg that Morrison's in Wellingborough are listed. Can anyone confirm this please?
Yes - open again with all new LPG pumps after fire on forecourt a couple of months ago. Filled up there a week ago. They are however now very careful about what filler system you have on your van. Attendant checked my outside filler point before switching pump on. 99.99p per litre.

OP
OP
ChrisSue
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Yes - open again with all new LPG pumps after fire on forecourt a couple of months ago. Filled up there a week ago. They are however now very careful about what filler system you have on your van. Attendant checked my outside filler point before switching pump on. 99.99p per litre.
Thank you for that

OP
OP
ChrisSue
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
My local garage has the same price which is just daft. Why on earth don't they make it a pound? They're not fooling anyone.
It's a bit of a tradition going way back. Shops would set a price which meant that the assistant would have to open the till to give change to the customer. When the Shop Workers Union got strong enough even they accepted that it was something which could actually safeguard their members

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
It's a bit of a tradition going way back. Shops would set a price which meant that the assistant would have to open the till to give change to the customer. When the Shop Workers Union got strong enough even they accepted that it was something which could actually safeguard their members

I did not know that, thanks.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I notice it now says “Adapters are NOT allowed” which tends to support the idea that the destruction and injuries might have been caused by someone trying to refill the wrong type of bottle using an adapter. The Morrisons I use does not have this extra stipulation (yet).

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
That's really interesting, thanks.
I recall my ten year asking me why since so many prices are £XX.99 there isn't a 99p coin instead of a pound one. Kids' logic!

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Low sales? I'm not surprised, its rarely live. I'd even taken to a drive by in the car to check (pass it regulaly not an issue).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back