LPG / GLP /Autogas Repsol Spain (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 21, 2015
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class i think
Exp
since 2012
I got refused just outside St Malo. The woman said not for kitchen I said no for engine. I had to show my certificate of conformity then she let me fill albeit reluctantly

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I'm yet to be refused in the whole of Europe....the attendants know it's for domestic use...after all who puts 20 litres into a 3.5 t motorhome...not going to get you very far is it.
Bit of scaremongering going on here....the number of new installations being set up is evidence in itself......

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'm yet to be refused in the whole of Europe....the attendants know it's for domestic use...after all who puts 20 litres into a 3.5 t motorhome...not going to get you very far is it.
Bit of scaremongering going on here....the number of new installations being set up is evidence in itself......
I have yet to have any 'attendant' even come anywhere near me ,even in the UK, let alone offer to fill/tell me I can't?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have yet to have any 'attendant' even come anywhere near me ,even in the UK, let alone offer to fill/tell me I can't?
Richard, in Spain alone, I've had many an occasion where attendants have came out to serve me Autogas, and even offered the correct adaptor.....................knowing that it was cylinders for domestic use I was refilling, and not for propulsion. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Travel through eastern Europe currently.
Refused a in in Hungary but told garage opposite will do it.
Greece (Athens) initially refused then I showed him the external filler that says LPG/ GPL. That was then ok no problem. 2 others ( not sure of country) just filled no problem.
Albania 15ltr 5 quid.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Refused the other day at an ENI service station in Italy.
The attendant claimed in very good English, that it was illegal in Italy if not for propulsion - €10,000 fine to the retailer and €3000 to the customer he said ?? I showed him the underslung tank and external filler but he still refused.

2km further on, next service Station (Esso I think) attendant filled without question, but he wandered off whilst filling to fuel another vehicle. My tank was full and the pump still trickling on, so I released the gun. Attended came running back and went mad at me, shouting 'This is Italy, servito'

I should mention, that at the first station I'd filled with diesel, so whether he would have filled without questioning had I not, and he would have assumed it was for propulsion, I'll never know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Refused the other day at an ENI service station in Italy.
The attendant claimed in very good English, that it was illegal in Italy if not for propulsion - €10,000 fine to the retailer and €3000 to the customer he said ?? I showed him the underslung tank and external filler but he still refused.

2km further on, next service Station (Esso I think) attendant filled without question, but he wandered off whilst filling to fuel another vehicle. My tank was full and the pump still trickling on, so I released the gun. Att upended came running back and went mad at me, shouting 'This is Italy, servito'

I should mention, that at the first station I'd filled with diesel, so whether he would have filled without questioning had I not, and he would have assumed it was for propulsion, I'll never know.
Interesting indeed...it has been mentioned before that it's a better option to fill with Gas independently of any other fuel....this lessens the confusion which may lead to refusal....

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Interesting indeed...it has been mentioned before that it's a better option to fill with Gas independently of any other fuel....this lessens the confusion which may lead to refusal....
Ive mentioned this several times. I never fill both at the same station for that reason. My fillers are on opposite sides and anyway filling with diesel is often every couple of days, the gas lasts weeks.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Filled up with Autogas at Repsol Blanes for €0.98pl, and will top up again just outside Benidorm at Repsol off the C70.
Diesel was €1.35 in Peniscola yesterday. ;)

Cheers,

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Filled up with Autogas at Repsol Blanes for €0.98pl, and will top up again just outside Benidorm at Repsol off the C70.

Cheers,

We saw diesel on the A4 yesterday €1.29, unfortunately it was on a via de servicio so we were past it before we could exit to buy some.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Any alternatives to MyLPG app which I find very clunky to use...

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
We saw diesel on the A4 yesterday €1.29, unfortunately it was on a via de servicio so we were past it before we could exit to buy some.

Cheap in and around Benidorm
Screenshot_20240129_092822_1-2-3 Fuel.jpg

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Try 123 fuel app change fuel type in settings to LPG

jumar. That's the one I am using outside the UK Martin. It works well. 👍
It doesn't work in the UK, so I use the Autogas App when back home.

Same filling station but at €1.40 when we passed this morning. :whatthe:

Cheers,

Jock.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Try 123 fuel app change fuel type in settings to LPG

Installed and will try for the monthly subscription....so far what I can see is, it's far more user friendly than MyLPG..
Another great Funster tip ..supported by others...🇪🇦👍

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our co-travellers Cherrypirate were refused LPG at a Repsol in central Spain a few weeks ago, citing the rule that it was not allowed. Unfortunate as we had just filled from the same pump - it seems the junior who authorised the pump was not aware and his supervisor stopped anyone else.

But the next station along (not Repsol) had no problems.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
jumar. That's the one I am using outside the UK Martin. It works well. 👍
It doesn't work in the UK, so I use the Autogas App when back home.

Same filling station but at €1.40 when we passed this morning. :whatthe:

Cheers,

Jock.
Thanks Jock....just a quick zip over the app which impressed me...will see how it goes...meanwhile My LPG will be ditched..
Hope your currently adventures are being enjoyed...
We are inland enjoying the warm weather just now....only Spanish registered van on this remote location...👍🇪🇦🥳

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back