LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I get that the fill point is in a less than ideal position :unsure: :LOL: but not sure what you mean by tank orientation? go on every day is a school day.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Depending on the direction of rotation from the correct position it will cause under- or over-filling of the tank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
Is this a test? :giggle:

So, to my uninformed eye, the gas inlet is near the fridge vents which creates an obvious spark danger.

And the tank is right next to an exhaust which will run hot. And may also also need a 90 degree reorientation.

Pass/fail/must try harder?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Depending on the direction of rotation from the correct position it will cause under- or over-filling of the tank.
OK thanks, I sort of knew about the rotation of the tank in it's mounts but this one looked OK from what I could see (maybe Basildog has adjusted dit already) so wondered if there was something about it should run North South but I couldn't think why.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Is this a test? :giggle:

So, to my uninformed eye, the gas inlet is near the fridge vents which creates an obvious spark danger.

And the tank is right next to an exhaust which will run hot. And may also also need a 90 degree reorientation.

Pass/fail/must try harder?
Good point about the exhaust but there seems to be a baffle plate between the two, we will have to wait for teacher to come back from his break ;)

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
See I’d fall in the “ignorant brigade”
Having paid for it I would have assumed all was good.
I didn’t think I was that naive but obviously………..

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
What could possibly go wrong?
I see no problem is siteing the inlet valve of a highly volatile gas right next to the pilot flame of a electrical device.

There are so many questions.
Who in their right mind would ever even think of putting the two items within a couple of meters of each other, normally they are not even on the same side of the van.
Having thought of the idea, no doubt in a pub, how did it get past the logic test in the cold light of day?
Surely the engineer asked to do the fitting must have asked serious questions, and must have got written sign off so they were not blamed when it predictably blew up.

So which company made this van ?
Was the refillable system aftermarket ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
Compressor fridge!? Just blank off the grills - job done!!! 🙄🤔

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Looks to me like the tank needs to be rotated clockwise a bit as the level gauge may read incorrectly, not that they are very accurate. It could. Also mean the tank fill valve shuts off before the 80% is reached.

OP
OP
Basildog

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
OK thanks, I sort of knew about the rotation of the tank in it's mounts but this one looked OK from what I could see (maybe Basildog has adjusted dit already) so wondered if there was something about it should run North South but I couldn't think why.
It should be mounted at 105° , so as said the dip tubes won’t be at the correct orientation at the top in the vapour sector , also the fill stop valve will either underfill or overfill, @ 90° it’s going to underfill .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back