Lenny's heading South yet again (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Unpacked the important suff might explane the van being sluggish on the hills. :rofl:

IMG_20230505_183333.jpg

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Another enjoyable informative thread Lenny, thanks for taking the time and sharing, it's not something I could do, 😉 we left Javea over a week ago and we have been doing one step forward and two steps back, we seem to be back on track now and can see Gandia in the distance. 😯
But probably won't move tomorrow unless we get moved again. 😄
😎 Bob.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Feb 19, 2023
France the Pyrenees
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 2002
Exp
Newby to Motorhome but not to traveling, caravaning and camping
Well that's another trip over just coming into dock at Newhaven.
Really enjoyed that vlog, thanks for sharing. Only 6 more weeks until my Heidi - Hy-mer arrives, the spare room down here is full of ‘stuff’ for her already! Where are you off to next? I’m living vicariously through your picture logs. X

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Thanks for the inspiration Lenny HB that was wonderful. We haven't yet been to the continent in our van. Having only toured in the UK as you know it is necessary to plan ahead to a fairly high degree. You said at the start when you were setting off that you had no plans for where you were going to. How does that work, what's your mindset?
When you're on the boat or Tunnel and get off at the other side, you start the engine, then what?

I assume that the weather forecast plays its part. Help me get my head around how it works.
Are there key places you wouldn't like to miss? Are there areas you prefer to avoid? What's the longest you will stay in one place. Do you ever book a site in advance for any reason? What's the minimum distance you'll travel in a day? At what point during the day do you decide how far you're going?
Sorry for so many questions. Having spent my life with most things planned, I can't imagine setting off on a 6 week trip without a solid plan.
I'd love to know your secret as I'm getting no younger ;)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Thanks for the inspiration Lenny HB that was wonderful. We haven't yet been to the continent in our van. Having only toured in the UK as you know it is necessary to plan ahead to a fairly high degree. You said at the start when you were setting off that you had no plans for where you were going to. How does that work, what's your mindset?
When you're on the boat or Tunnel and get off at the other side, you start the engine, then what?

I assume that the weather forecast plays its part. Help me get my head around how it works.
Are there key places you wouldn't like to miss? Are there areas you prefer to avoid? What's the longest you will stay in one place. Do you ever book a site in advance for any reason? What's the minimum distance you'll travel in a day? At what point during the day do you decide how far you're going?
Sorry for so many questions. Having spent my life with most things planned, I can't imagine setting off on a 6 week trip without a solid plan.
I'd love to know your secret as I'm getting no younger ;)

Have a read of this, I have an idea that I might eventually get to the outskirts of Rome and go in to see the city but it’s going to take me a month or two to get there and I don’t know what I’m doing the next day until I have a look at the map and see what’s around a couple of hours away, the thing with France is that there’s always something interesting around the corner…

France is a place where you CAN take it easy because there IS always a place to park up… any way have a read and it might give you inspiration…😎

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/this-what-it’s-all-about….282851/

Jul 26, 2019
Westbury Sub Mendip
Funster No
MH
Bailey 794i
Exp
Hired MH's since 2015
Have a read of this, I have an idea that I might eventually get to the outskirts of Rome and go in to see the city but it’s going to take me a month or two to get there and I don’t know what I’m doing the next day until I have a look at the map and see what’s around a couple of hours away, the thing with France is that there’s always something interesting around the corner…

France is a place where you CAN take it easy because there IS always a place to park up… any way have a read and it might give you inspiration…😎

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/this-what-it’s-all-about….282851/
looked at your thread for your travel vlog this morning, yes, it does give us the insperation to get to France soon 😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back