Is this as good as it seems? EU roaming included. (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Currently near Palaiochora on the south coast of Crete. 200gb data only SIM registered with NOVA iONLINE and a speed test with London servers - via NORD VPN activated on the Teltonika router - gives 28.3 down and 6.4 up. Streaming is 100% and no buffering.

Sep 17, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 2014
Currently in Parque da Gale, just west of Albufeira, and we are getting 10 MPs. I must say it has been pretty consistent so far.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’ve also given up. Support service from RWG is not fit for purpose, no answering phone and no replies to emails. I gave them 2 weeks but have now gone to Popit who helped me set up within 24 hours of receipt of sim.
If I need any extra data whilst away I’ll get a local sim.
I've found RWG customer service excellent always reply quickly to emails.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thought I’d update you on how my ID sim is doing, I pay £18 pm on sim only deal for unlimited data, calls and text with roaming included. My months runs from 10th to 9th each month so up tomorrow.
First one shows my bill will be £18:14 the 14p is due to a call I made before coming on holiday to a non U.K. number.
IMG_9586.png

Below shows my usage, that’s for the both of us as OH joins my hotspot. We watch about an hour or two tv at night and I’ve watched two live football matches and currently watching Real Madrid v Man City.
IMG_9587.png

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’ve only had prompt replies to questions,
I’m pleased with the phone sim package

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
Aire at Aguilar de Campoo

DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

Jun 9, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu T500
Exp
Since 2014
Have decided to go for the RWG global data sim for our forthcoming 6 week trip to France but when I go to order it - it asks what size sim I want. I plan to use it in our Huawei E5577 midi but I have absolutely no idea what size sim to order for it. Could anyone advise please?

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
Have decided to go for the RWG global data sim for our forthcoming 6 week trip to France but when I go to order it - it asks what size sim I want. I plan to use it in our Huawei E5577 midi but I have absolutely no idea what size sim to order for it. Could anyone advise please?
Full size

tee_cee

Free Member
May 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Selfbuild
The std sim will have all three sizes, and I'm sure that's what you will get no matter what you order. No need for global sim for France.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’ve been very pleased with the cheaper phone sim in my router using it in France

Sep 17, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 2014
We are here in the Faro Campervan Park for a couple of nights and are currently receiving 9 mps. However, I am not using it as the free WiFi here gets 90 mps. Every little helps. Other jingles are available.

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Mine came with all three sizes a few weeks back.

Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
Has anyone had the Global SIM work fine when activated at home then it not working on leaving UK? Any ideas?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I have a 5577 and found it pretty useless in it but fine in the phone, resorted to putting in the second slot on my phone on the last trip but found that a right PIA.

Yesterday I took delivery of a Teltonika RUT950, hoping to cure it but just the same.
In the router 7 to 11mb/s, the same sim in my phone 50 to 95mb/s.

My phone sim is Plusnet on the EE network that's exactly the same, EE say there is no throttling when using in a mifi but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I have a 5577 and found it pretty useless in it but fine in the phone, resorted to putting in the second slot on my phone on the last trip but found that a right PIA.

Yesterday I took delivery of a Teltonika RUT950, hoping to cure it but just the same.
In the router 7 to 11mb/s, the same sim in my phone 50 to 95mb/s.

My phone sim is Plusnet on the EE network that's exactly the same, EE say there is no throttling when using in a mifi but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Hi Lenny
I've lodged a query with them as I'm getting 4mbps down and 25mbps up in the Teltonika Router, the Huawei mifi and my phone, and all at home or away...

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi Lenny
I've lodged a query with them as I'm getting 4mbps down and 25mbps up in the Teltonika Router, the Huawei mifi and my phone, and all at home or away...
It's only in a router/mif I get the problem get up to 95mb/s in my phone as I said my phone sim is the same so me thinks it's something to do with EE.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
It's only in a router/mif I get the problem get up to 95mb/s in my phone as I said my phone sim is the same so me thinks it's something to do with EE.
That's what I think my problem is ... I mean 25mbps upload? What's that all about? :LOL:

Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Evening All
my experiences so far - ordered a 200GB Phone SIM and after reading through the posts on here, realised I would be better off with a data SIM as it’s for my router in the van - cancelled the order and waited 3 weeks for a refund and then 1 week later they took the money again although it was refunded in 3 days this time
my dealings with customer service have been same as some others - they don’t respond in a timely manner to emails and never newer phone calls - anyway that’s up to know

now ordered an RWG 200GB data SIM on EE - tried it today in both iPad and Haewai router using the RWG APN instructions (rwgmobile.com) got an answer from customer service to confirm this but it doesn’t actually work - I tried using “everywhere” with no password and this appears to work - tried to confirm this is ok with RWG but no response to emails
just wondered what APN settings people are using? - not checked the download speed yet

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Evening All
my experiences so far - ordered a 200GB Phone SIM and after reading through the posts on here, realised I would be better off with a data SIM as it’s for my router in the van - cancelled the order and waited 3 weeks for a refund and then 1 week later they took the money again although it was refunded in 3 days this time
my dealings with customer service have been same as some others - they don’t respond in a timely manner to emails and never newer phone calls - anyway that’s up to know

now ordered an RWG 200GB data SIM on EE - tried it today in both iPad and Haewai router using the RWG APN instructions (rwgmobile.com) got an answer from customer service to confirm this but it doesn’t actually work - I tried using “everywhere” with no password and this appears to work - tried to confirm this is ok with RWG but no response to emails
just wondered what APN settings people are using? - not checked the download speed yet
I am using the anywhere settings.

Works great so far.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Evening All

now ordered a data SIM on EE - tried it today in both iPad and Haewai router using the APN instructions (“I am using the anywhere setting
I am using the anywhere settings.

Works great so far.
John - is that Anywhere or Everywhere please?

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Evening All

now ordered a data SIM on EE - tried it today in both iPad and Haewai router using the APN instructions (“I am using the anywhere setting

John - is that Anywhere or Everywhere please?
Apologies, it’s Everywhere.

Also try this one.

IMG_2341.png

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
That’s odd as I have the global sim in my RUT955 and using ion.atm APN and all working fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back