I don't do swimming (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Girl Jack loves the water and soon as she gets a sniff of it she’s off in head first😁
Boy Jack will go in now and then but it has to be dead calm.
3ECF4BFF-7B13-433F-A613-53324F8B5EC4.jpeg

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Our current Old English Sheepdog is our fourth and non of them have ever gone into water above their knees, one of them had to have pool therapy for an injury and had to wear an inflatable rubber ring.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Perhaps get in there with him then he might realise what he's missing.
We had a Border Collie who would only go in up to his belly but not swim. Then, one day, we were at the seaside. I was swimming and he walked along a breakwater, up to his belly.

Not thinking about where he was he tried to step nearer to me and fell into the deeper water. He discovered he could swim and, after that, we couldn’t keep him out of the water.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
This sounds mental but, have you taught them how to swim

Years ago we had a German Shepard, I took the dog to a local park and was walking by the lake the Dog decided to step into it…….and completely submerged all I saw was an air bubble and thought blinking heck I’m going to have to jump in. A moment or two later the dog pops to the surface and starts paddling about. I don’t think dogs need swimming lessons just the opportunity to swim ( they just tread water in reality, no breast stroke or butterfly) in deeper than standing water. Never seen a dog swimming instructor but then again it astonished me in what people are prepared to pay out on their pampered pooches.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Our current Old English Sheepdog is our fourth and non of them have ever gone into water above their knees, one of them had to have pool therapy for an injury and had to wear an inflatable rubber ring.
I wonder if that could be a natural survival instinct due to tbe weight of their coats when wet?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
For a bit of fun we bought a reciprocating water sprinkler for Ted the terrorist to play with.
Only cost £3.25 in Morrisons so no big loss if he didn't play....
Did I say play ..... He ran a bloody mile when I turned it on.......mostly backwards.
I got wetter setting the movement limits

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back