Help with Hymer plumbing fitting (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The Twin submersible pump in my Hymer B678 stopped working late last year and today seems warm enough for me to try to replace it. Seems very easy BUT I am struggling with getting the non-return valve off of either the old pump or the hose it is attached to. Below is a photo of the new non-return valve, which is exactly the same of the existing one. What do I have to do to get the old one off. I have tried pulling out the little grey tab between the blue and white bits but that does not seems to work and I have tried pushing it in, but it won't go in. So what is the knack of releasing this please?

20240202_124838.jpg

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The Twin submersible pump in my Hymer B678 stopped working late last year and today seems warm enough for me to try to replace it. Seems very easy BUT I am struggling with getting the non-return valve off of either the old pump or the hose it is attached to. Below is a photo of the new non-return valve, which is exactly the same of the existing one. What do I have to do to get the old one off. I have tried pulling out the little grey tab between the blue and white bits but that does not seems to work and I have tried pushing it in, but it won't go in. So what is the knack of releasing this please?

View attachment 861408
You have to remove the grey circlips Peter

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Did that Brian, but still could not pull it off. Is there a knack?
They can be awkward Peter but just push the white part in with your thumb and pull hard on the pipe with the other hand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back