Germany (1 Viewer)

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
Evening people....thanks to everyone for yr help in planning our future trip away.
I've got nothing booked but my route might be...into Belgium ,travel south a bit then into germany..then onto the mosel and wander up to rhine, then down the rhine...just stopping off when we want to...we also want to do the romantic road...possibly from fussen back north..
Does thus seem doable....we have 8 weeks...

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Very, you’ll love it.

We did similar the year before last.

IMG_3675.jpeg

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
8 weeks sounds very leisurely for that (to me)
You may want to have a look at the journals and some of interest to you will be my Germany previous and the Danube thread (bavarian throughnal) which may tickle your fancy (or not)
Links below in my signature

OP
OP
B

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
Thanks everyone for yr info....especially suavecarve and lenny for taking the time to make journals....I was wondering, what roads do you mainly drive on..is it motorways or toll roads or the more urban roads...
Thanks...

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Just put the next town in and tick the Sat nag to avoid tolls. 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Germany only tolls for over 7.5 ton vehicles, non motorway roads are generally good condition , and not that busy eg Trier to Koblenz along the Mosel

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Thanks everyone for yr info....especially suavecarve and lenny for taking the time to make journals....I was wondering, what roads do you mainly drive on..is it motorways or toll roads or the more urban roads...
Thanks...
No toll roads in Germany nor Belgium and Luxembourg to get there.
If we are going to Germany we shoot through Belgium but there are some lovely spots we have found (look in journals again) but each direct route has either Brussels Antwerp or Lille in the way and they are best avoided at rush hour.
After that be careful of your sat nav in Germany if you have it set for quickest route as mine decides i can do 150kph and directs me onto autobahns so worth double checking the route because you can kilometres out of the way.
Make sure you get an Umwelt for Germany, far far more important than the crit air for France as there are unexpected roads. You just need your V5 and an MOT type garage and I think I paid 20 euros this time. I m sure it was only 6 before.

OP
OP
B

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
No toll roads in Germany nor Belgium and Luxembourg to get there.
If we are going to Germany we shoot through Belgium but there are some lovely spots we have found (look in journals again) but each direct route has either Brussels Antwerp or Lille in the way and they are best avoided at rush hour.
After that be careful of your sat nav in Germany if you have it set for quickest route as mine decides i can do 150kph and directs me onto autobahns so worth double checking the route because you can kilometres out of the way.
Make sure you get an Umwelt for Germany, far far more important than the crit air for France as there are unexpected roads. You just need your V5 and an MOT type garage and I think I paid 20 euros this time. I m sure it was only 6 before.
Thanks...I sent for one for Germany, didn't know it was called an umwelt, they sent a green zone 4 for my van 2008 diesel...it was 5 or 6 euros...but I want to keep clear of main cities and towns in a clean air zone...

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
We've done the romantic road and it was beautifulThe only think to be aware of is that the signposts and sometimes the satnav take you along main roads when there's lovely places to see along the smaller roads.

May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
Please find time to venture into the Netherlands, great roads, great people etc. We just wandered around & found beautiful places to stay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back