Gaslow (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
From those links there is only £30 difference in the price of the bottles, and a difference in products (eg gauge) and warranty. When i bought mine the gaslow was cheaper, i mixed and matched using some gasit products.
I started with the one bottle and a calour 6kg (installed by dealer) i have since changed 6kg to a 13kg calor. In these times continuity of supply more important than price.
The main difference between Gasit and Gaslow for me is the warranty , but another massive difference is Gasit supply thermoplastic pipe that the end user has to assemble .
We refuse to sell the cheaper thermoplastic hoses to the diy market that require user assembly just as Gaslow do .

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
The main difference between Gasit and Gaslow for me is the warranty , but another massive difference is Gasit supply thermoplastic pipe that the end user has to assemble .
We refuse to sell the cheaper thermoplastic hoses to the diy market that require user assembly just as Gaslow do .
The gaslow gauge wasnt realy up to what i was hoping and now use mopeka sensors. The diy hoses didnt exist when i fitted mine, and with age i should be looking at replacement in next year. The thought of "gadget john" playing with gas fills me with dread.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
The gaslow gauge wasnt realy up to what i was hoping and now use mopeka sensors. The diy hoses didnt exist when i fitted mine, and with age i should be looking at replacement in next year. The thought of "gadget john" playing with gas fills me with dread.
I am guessing you have the earlier cylinders as the Gaslow gauges are now pretty good 👍
Some of the stuff we see in the workshop is really unbelievable to be honest.
Scary part is that it’s not always diy work ⚠️

Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
Hi all, I have a Gaslow system fitted & spoke to the chap at the NEC show about crash valve fitting so I could leave the gas on while driving.
It turns out that my bottles were made in 2004 & the test ran out in 2019 (15 yrs on older bottles)
This shocked me a bit as the van is 2015?? I have only had it less than a year so must have been out of test the last two times it has been sold by dealers!
Now I assume I will have to get both bottles changed for safety & insurance purposes.
With the older bottles they will swap like for like at £99 each or if I change for the newer bottles with crash sensors built in the allow 10% off for exchange. That is only about £20 each! Considering I can buy their bottles for more than £20 less each from several dealers this seems a rather disappointing offer?
Have you all checked your dates?

Cheers Chris
20220514_145832.jpg

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all, I have a Gaslow system fitted & spoke to the chap at the NEC show about crash valve fitting so I could leave the gas on while driving.
It turns out that my bottles were made in 2004 & the test ran out in 2019 (15 yrs on older bottles)
This shocked me a bit as the van is 2015?? I have only had it less than a year so must have been out of test the last two times it has been sold by dealers!
Now I assume I will have to get both bottles changed for safety & insurance purposes.
With the older bottles they will swap like for like at £99 each or if I change for the newer bottles with crash sensors built in the allow 10% off for exchange. That is only about £20 each! Considering I can buy their bottles for more than £20 less each from several dealers this seems a rather disappointing offer?
Have you all checked your dates?

Cheers Chris View attachment 731721
I know that the bottles have a warranty period, either 15 or 10 years, but when that is exceeded does it mean they need a test or is it just that the warranty has expired?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know that the bottle have a warranty period, either 15 or 10 years, but when that is exceeded does it mean they need a test or is it just that the warranty has expired?
Technically it is illegal to fill them after the 10 years (15 years on some older bottles).
They need testing & new valves fitting.
Basildog will advise.

Last edited:

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
We have always stated 10 years is time for recertification / new valves / or replacement.
Yes Calor and some of the other exchange cylinder companies work on 15 years as they can in theory inspect their cylinders at every time they are filled .
To be honest it’s amazing how many so called professional installers actually turned brand new cylinders / tanks into scrap the day they installed them , many cut the handles off or ground bits away ⚠️
Any modifications to a pressure vessel renders it scrap .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back