Fogstar Drift App (1 Viewer)

Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Anybody having problems with the app ?
I received 2 x 105AH Fogstar Drifts today.
I down loaded the app on to my phone but no matter what I do my phone just searches and searches and doesn't connect.
I have also down loaded the app on to my tablet but that won't connect either.
I have Bluetooth and location turned on on both devices and have uninstalled and re-installed the app several times on both devices but still no joy.
I can connect to other devices via Bluetooth no problem.

Solution
Due to slight differences in resistances due to manufacture and even temperature, and electricity always takes the path of least resistance there will inevitably be one battery that drops quicker them the other my two Aolithium batteries rarely discharge at exactly the same rate there is always a slight difference, but not enough to cause me any concern.
According to the app only 1 battery at a time is discharging.
I put a 5amp load on the system and 1 battery showed it had a 5amp load on it and the other battery showed no load on it.
I would have expected both batteries to have shown about a 2.5amp load on each ?
OP
OP
H
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Update:
Went away on Friday for a 4 night break over New Year.
Victron Smart Shunt said the batteries were at 100% SOC.
Got to site, set up and no 12v power in the hab.
Checked the shunt app and it said 100% SOC and 13.4v.
Opened the Xiaoxiang app, as I can't connect to the Fogstar app, and it said, for both batteries, 100% SOC, 105AH , 13.4v and cell voltages of 3.558v on one battery and 3.458v on the other.
But I noticed that charge and discharge were set to off, which I hadn't done, so the BMS had turned them off ?
Unfortunately although the Xiaoxiang app will let you monitor the batteries it doesn't allow you to alter any settings.
So no battery power.
Luckily I was able to move to an EHU pitch so trip saved.
Yesterday I borrowed an iPhone off another motorhomer and downloaded the Fogstar app onto that and it connected to the app.
Great I thought, I can turn charge/discharge on and use the batteries.
No such luck as when I tried to turn discharge/charge on I got a message saying pack over voltage/cell over voltage and it wouldn't let me turn them on.
This even though the app is saying battery voltage is 13.4v and all cell voltages are below 3.6v so the battery and cell voltages are not over.
Pretty disappointed really.
I will ring Fogstar next week when they are open but I have a feeling these batteries are going back.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
Hi
I have a fogstar battery and in the advanced settings (which I haven't changed and I appreciate you can't get to) the cell overvoltage trigger is set to 3.7V but the overvoltage release is set at 3.5V. I guess this means the cell voltage has to drop below 3.5V before the bms will let you turn charge/discharge back on?
Is it possible your charging system is overcharging eg not via a b2b on lithium setting?
Ian

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Hi
I have a fogstar battery and in the advanced settings (which I haven't changed and I appreciate you can't get to) the cell overvoltage trigger is set to 3.7V but the overvoltage release is set at 3.5V. I guess this means the cell voltage has to drop below 3.5V before the bms will let you turn charge/discharge back on?
Is it possible your charging system is overcharging eg not via a b2b on lithium setting?
Ian
B2B (Sterling) and MPPT (Victron) are set to lithium, 14.2v charge and 13.5v float, so neither should overcharge.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
B2B (Sterling) and MPPT (Victron) are set to lithium, 14.2v charge and 13.5v float, so neither should overcharge.
We have different batteries (mine is 230Ah underseat) and fogstar told me they use 6 different bms across their range, but the pack overvoltage limit on mine is 14.7V and reset 14.4V, ie way above what yours should be seeing. Worth sticking a meter on them with the engine running?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
We have different batteries (mine is 230Ah underseat) and fogstar told me they use 6 different bms across their range, but the pack overvoltage limit on mine is 14.7V and reset 14.4V, ie way above what yours should be seeing. Worth sticking a meter on them with the engine running?
Already done that.
13.4v with and without the engine running and 13.6v on EHU.
Screenshot_20231231_110024.jpg

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I really am starting to appreciate the simple qualities of my Relion battery, no bluetooth, no access to the bms and no heater. It has just sat there for 6 years being a battery and looking after itself. I keep an eye on the charge level via my Victron app.

I am starting to get concerned about my new van which will need a larger under seat battery and these seem to come with built in bluetooth. 😱

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
This what the Xiaoxiang app is showing as of now.
Screenshot_20231231_113055_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I really am starting to appreciate the simple qualities of my Relion battery, no bluetooth, no access to the bms and no heater. It has just sat there for 6 years being a battery and looking after itself. I keep an eye on the charge level via my Victron app.

I am starting to get concerned about my new van which will need a larger under seat battery and these seem to come with built in bluetooth. 😱
Same here with my KS Energy but it does have BMS & app but just to monitor not play with.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Same here with my KS Energy but it does have BMS & app but just to monitor not play with.
Interesting, the dealer was recommending KS Energy. I can’t afford to have a battery that shuts down because my Efoy fuel cell must stay powered at all times i) to know when it needs to cut in and recharge the battery and ii) to protect itself from freezing.

Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Update:
Went away on Friday for a 4 night break over New Year.
Victron Smart Shunt said the batteries were at 100% SOC.
Got to site, set up and no 12v power in the hab.
Checked the shunt app and it said 100% SOC and 13.4v.
Opened the Xiaoxiang app, as I can't connect to the Fogstar app, and it said, for both batteries, 100% SOC, 105AH , 13.4v and cell voltages of 3.558v on one battery and 3.458v on the other.
But I noticed that charge and discharge were set to off, which I hadn't done, so the BMS had turned them off ?
Unfortunately although the Xiaoxiang app will let you monitor the batteries it doesn't allow you to alter any settings.
So no battery power.
Luckily I was able to move to an EHU pitch so trip saved.
Yesterday I borrowed an iPhone off another motorhomer and downloaded the Fogstar app onto that and it connected to the app.
Great I thought, I can turn charge/discharge on and use the batteries.
No such luck as when I tried to turn discharge/charge on I got a message saying pack over voltage/cell over voltage and it wouldn't let me turn them on.
This even though the app is saying battery voltage is 13.4v and all cell voltages are below 3.6v so the battery and cell voltages are not over.
Pretty disappointed really.
I will ring Fogstar next week when they are open but I have a feeling these batteries are going back.
What version of the android Xiaoxiang app are you using I am using 3.1.1026 on Aolithiums that allows full control over all BMS settings including switching charge and discharge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
And this is the Fogstar app not connecting. View attachment 849618

I’ve just tried the Fogstar app whilst sat here in the conservatory

it’s connected to the tv in the conservatory, Apple tv in my demo room downstairs and bedroom to upstairs

IMG_0007.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
What version of the Xiaoxiang app are you using I am using 3.1.1026 that allows full control over all BMS settings including switching charge and discharge.
No idea just the free app with a logo of a blue elephant.
On the Fogstar forum I've been told that I need to use the paid for app version to be able to alter settings.
I'm not prepared to pay for an app when I've already paid for the Fogstar app.

Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
On the Fogstar forum I've been told that I need to use the paid for app version to be able to alter settings.
If you pm your email I can send you a android copy of 3.1.1926 which is free, strangely the Fogstar app is also free on android.

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Can you give a try with JK app? Jinkong and it does have a elegant on white background, the pairing is 1234, and settings access is 123456 pass.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Interesting, the dealer was recommending KS Energy. I can’t afford to have a battery that shuts down because my Efoy fuel cell must stay powered at all times i) to know when it needs to cut in and recharge the battery and ii) to protect itself from freezing.
Ours never shuts down

Upvote 0
May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
I assume you mean you paid for the fogstar app by buying the battery from them?

Upvote 0
May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
In the fogstar app I've just found a couple of 'release MOS' buttons that might help you if you get the app working. Under advanced settings (password req), calibration.

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I wouldn’t have lasted this long with them, I would have sent them back already. There is obviously something wrong with them if most other people don’t have trouble with them, but I must say that after hearing people are starting to have problems they wouldn’t be my first choice now and way down the list when I buy a lithium battery…..🤔

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
I’ve not paid for the Fogstar Drift app

it’s free from the app store if you buy the batteries or not and 1 app sees both batteries

View attachment 849707
What I meant was yes the app is free but it's development obviously involves a cost which I assume is built in to the cost of their batteries.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back