Fireworks and pets, especially dogs (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I suspect you meant to say they should NOT be available to the public
Ah, yes you are correct sir! :giggle: Except those member of the public who will blow themselves to smithereens so they can't let them off again! :LOL:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I agree Mel.
Ours take no notice at all if thy hear fireworks on TV, so recordings wouldn't be much help there.
But the sound system in a TV or HiFi is clipped to the human audible bandwidth. Dogs are proven to hear sound way outside of our hearing ability. Hence most owners report that the "screaming" type rockets really upset their dogs. We may not hear ALL the sound that fireworks make, but a fit dog with good hearing definitely will

Changing the subject slightly, it is possible to source 6" mortar fireworks that when they explode at altitude rattle windows for miles around. Mostly imported illegally from China and sold under the counter. I have friends with PTSD after tours of duty in the middle east. Those explosions sound similar to IEDs apparently and are triggers to awful flashbacks.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ah, yes you are correct sir! :giggle: Except those member of the public who will blow themselves to smithereens so they can't let them off again! :LOL:
Do you mean the ones who use them as a primary ignition source for a propane or other bomb?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Do you mean the ones who use them as a primary ignition source for a propane or other bomb?
No, the idiots who think it's fun to hold fireworks at arms length and then wonder why they get injured, or throw them at each other.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
No, the idiots who think it's fun to hold fireworks at arms length and then wonder why they get injured, or throw them at each other.
A friend's cousin at school got badly burnt by a firework, not a pretty sight

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yeah and nobody told em about three wheelers either
We used to have a 'driving game' at our micro-car rallies, it was called 'Squash the hedgehog' due to the myth about 3-wheelers squishing them more than 4 wheelers .... we used some flattish coffee filters cones (unused but obsolete) about 4 inches across and the 3-wheeler drivers had to squash as many as they could with the middle wheel, it was surprisingly difficult! :giggle: Obviously no hedehogs were injured and squishing them in real life was not encouraged, we also did a collection for the hedgehog hospital too.

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
mine used to try and get out to chase them
Jack Russell so enough said

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
Wouldn't be so bad if they were only let off around Nov 5th - we've been hearing loud bangs for a week already, and this is during lockdown and shite weather (n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back