Emissions sticker for Germany (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Hi, has anyone bought the sticker in Germany as to getting one sent to their address? We are in France at the moment heading that way in the next couple of days. We have a Euro 6 motorhome so well within the emissions.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Just take your V5 into any TUV station ( German MoT) in Germany and they'll issue you one.

Pete

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
We just pulled into a garage in germany with the tuv sign and got one on the spot. From memory showed v5 and the coc, cert of conformity, which has emmissions class on it. About 6euro? I think.

This was pre covid

And I thought I was quick.........

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
What happens if the V5 has no emissions data and there is no CoC for my year of vehicle? Will they still issue a sticker for the worst category which mine would get if the emissions were stated.

I know somebody in this situation was refused a Crit'Air sticker completely.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What happens if the V5 has no emissions data and there is no CoC for my year of vehicle? Will they still issue a sticker for the worst category which mine would get if the emissions were stated.

Geoff
They normally go by the year of manufacture if no emissions info available.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

Geoff
I sent our V5 over to Germany.

2000 fiat Ducato 2.8 with Iveco engine.

Germany sent me a Green Euro IV sticker. Unlike France who sent me a nasty Euro III CRIT’air

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Now always do it by applying to the Berlin local authority on line from https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.85047.php , costs €6 posted to your home in the UK.

That was for those that are yet to go into Europe.

To the OP, yes we bought an umweltplakette from a TUV station some years ago simply by presenting the vehicle V5C. I believe their on-line system can verify the emissions status of the vehicle from its chassis number. I can't remember the cost but it was only a few Euros.

OP
OP
B
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Many thanks for the info, will pick one up from a TUV station when we enter Germany.

OP
OP
B
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
It’s to allow you to enter city’s where emissions are restricted in some cases certain vehicles are not allowed or entry subject to meeting a minimum level. Heavy fines if you get it wrong. Typical different stickers for different countries. Our Euro 6 has yellow (class 2) for France, will be getting a green one for Germany.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
New to MH....what is the emissions sticker?
There are areas in different countries that require a sticker in your windscreen so that they can fine you if you dont have one.

France "bascially" only have 3 which are very easy to avoid (for me) so i havent got one even though i might be there over a couple of months a year.

Germany is a different kettle of sauerkraut. They have zones in places you really wouldnt expect them. Couple of years ago i was on a back road to Schiltach and I had a choice of 50km back down the same road or risk it hoping there were no cameras. The next day first thing i bought one and it is a harmless operation. The fines for entering the zones far outweigh any issues or cost of buying one (In Germany)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Germany is a different kettle of sauerkraut. They have zones in places you really wouldnt expect them. Couple of years ago i was on a back road to Schiltach and I had a choice of 50km back down the same road or risk it hoping there were no cameras. The next day first thing i bought one and it is a harmless operation. The fines for entering the zones far outweigh any issues or cost of buying one (In Germany)
Germany don't use camers to check them just a visual check by plod so chances of getting caught are very low.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I sent our V5 over to Germany.

2000 fiat Ducato 2.8 with Iveco engine.

Germany sent me a Green Euro IV sticker. Unlike France who sent me a nasty Euro III CRIT’air
Looks like they made a boo, boo in your favour.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
This thread has reminded me to get one for my new screen, as we are going to Germany at the end of the month. Just applied via the Berlin office.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
How long does the green sticker last??

OP
OP
B
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Until they change the requirement. I always carry a receipt from the last service. One of the rules in Germany is although you have the sticker you have to keep you car etc serviced.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Geoff
No emmissions for mine I just applied to the below address with copy of the registration docment & they sent me a euro 4 sticker to my address here in spain.
Now always do it by applying to the Berlin local authority on line from https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.85047.php , costs €6 posted to your home in the UK.

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
I applied online the other day via the Berlin office, uploaded a copy of my v5 and paid 6 Euro. Tag arrived in about 4 days. Do I just stick it in the window?

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We have a trip planned to Germany planned for latter this year so the subject of emissions has made me do sone checks.
From the various web sites I have checked I don’t think I will get a green sticker for our 55 plate Transit based motorhome. Not having a CO figure on the V5 may not be an issue but the age of vehicle will be the problem.
I don’t want to waste money applying and our travel plans could be altered slightly if we need to.
Any opinions on this matter would be appreciated in case I have missed something.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
We have a trip planned to Germany planned for latter this year so the subject of emissions has made me do sone checks.
From the various web sites I have checked I don’t think I will get a green sticker for our 55 plate Transit based motorhome. Not having a CO figure on the V5 may not be an issue but the age of vehicle will be the problem.
I don’t want to waste money applying and our travel plans could be altered slightly if we need to.
Any opinions on this matter would be appreciated in case I have missed something.
For €6 I would apply, not lost much if you are turned down but beware there are lots of Umwelt zones about though I am not sure how dedicated the police are to enforcement...

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You will not not get a green sticker if you are Euro 3, but you could still get one albeit orange. Some zones allow less than green in and will fine you if you do not display any sticker.
Our sticker has once been checked soon after the border on a rural road.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I applied for a Umwelt Zone sticker on on this site
https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php
Which is a link I got from the RAC
It's the Umwelt issuing agency for Berlin, but once you have a sticker it applies to all of Germany and is valid for the life of the vehicle
(Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be the case)
Cost is €6

They can also be got from here
https://www.umwelt-plakette.de/en/
Which also has a link to an EU wide smart phone app that will give you the environmental rules for dozens of cities across the EU

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
As a trial I have just applied for a sticker for my 1996 van, it'll be interesting to what I receive,.......if anything :rolleyes:.
I used the Greenzones app last year to avoid the zone in Reims whilst trying to get to the Reims central aire. After driving around the outskirts on local roads for miles it turned out the only road leading to the aire was blocked by an accident, I could almost see the entrance up ahead but had to do a u-turn and give up.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Interesting response so far. I found a map of the restricted areas and it looks like we’re we are going it shouldn’t be a problem because it’s mostly museums outside restricted areas.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Know someone who’s been driving around Germany for years without these stickers, will have a word with him:whistle2::whistle2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back