Dammit - I never like booking far ahead so it's my own fault really (3 Viewers)

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
Yep for vans it’s £25.5 no EHU for 2. Still £6 pp extra though. So for a family of 4……
Still cheaper than the club sites.

That’s pretty cheap for EHU nowadays.

Theres usually a code on in summer months at many sites (mayeb not Lakes) offering 40% off. GRASSUK40 this year I think it is. Makes stays on Grass, no EHU, quite reasonable we have found.

The odd thing is it's no use in April, I think the validity of the code is for May-August.

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
But they don't end up free when you wine and dine her indoors..
Cheaper to find a CAMC site.🤣

LOL, I see you're point, but to be fair doesn't matter where we stay I usually spend a small fortune especially if the place has independent shops / pubs / restaurants. (y)
Does it have to be Keswick? Would Kendal be any good? I've not stayed here but my owners group were here last week.

When I've done kendal, which I do like the cricket club is my go to place :)
You could taxi it down not expensive then Keswick is accessible.
Yeah, we did this when we were in cambridge a couple of weeks ago so yes it's an option, but my only issue is that if i visit too many pubs I still have to disassemble the scooter get it in and out of the boot etc etc so ends up feeling a little limited. Dont get me wrong, it's not that big an inconvenience but enough sometimes to make us look at other options.

Kendal Cricket Club is £10 pn. Hard standing, no facilities, can use clubhouse. Very close to town. The high wall stops most of the road noise but some of the members can be quite happy after a few bevies. 😉

Gordon

Yep stayed on there a couple of times, I do like Kendal, not as much as Keswick admittedly but I do like it. And yeah, that members bar is a bit ummmmm interesting.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Theres usually a code on in summer months at many sites (mayeb not Lakes) offering 40% off. GRASSUK40 this year I think it is. Makes stays on Grass, no EHU, quite reasonable we have found.

The odd thing is it's no use in April, I think the validity of the code is for May-August.
there is and many other "discounts". Problem is thy have to apply to the site you want to go to and when you want to go away. Then you can try to get a booking, if they are not all taken by others who are in a better position to use the codes.

I don't recall being able to use any of them when I have wanted to go away.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Those discounts often apply only to bookings 14 days or more in advance and inevitably the sites with a little less popularity than the Lakes.

May 29, 2017
Ayr,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express
Exp
virgin
Less than a tenner a night in mid July!

edit - ah, no loo though. Still, for a fully serviced pitch for a night, that seems quite good to me? Bookmarked!

Idiot - that was for one night, not two :ROFLMAO:

[ have stayed here at Spital Caravans in Kendal a few times ,excellent value for money and a great shopping location ,and a great site owner (landlady)
flat level grass pitches and spotless rubbish/elsan compound

Top notch small site!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+

Grass????

In April!!!!

Have you seen the weather :eek: :eek::eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Grass????

In April!!!!

Have you seen the weather :eek: :eek::eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
But that is where they force us to go if we don't want leccy... weather or no weather...
If you want hardstanding then you getting leccy... even if you don't need /want it!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back