Dammit - I never like booking far ahead so it's my own fault really (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
About to have 11 nights away, decided against Ireland as too expensive, against France as just had my prostate radiotherapy 2.5 weeks before our first day away so North of England / West of Scotland/Skye it is!

Plan was though to go back to Keswick to the CCC site for a night or two to kick off the hols but all booked up, dammit!

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
A lot of the C&CC Lake District sites have minimum booking periods, can be at least 3 nights. But many also very popular, hence then min nights requirement, so they can be full months in advance.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017怋
About to have 11 nights away, decided against Ireland as too expensive, against France as just had my prostate radiotherapy 2.5 weeks before our first day away so North of England / West of Scotland/Skye it is!

Plan was though to go back to Keswick to the CCC site for a night or two to kick off the hols but all booked up, dammit!
Just bypass Englandshire and come straight up here..
Plenty room for you in West of Scotland and Skye..
School Holidays just finished..šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
honda1515
Go on brit stops app get a night in pub for free

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017怋
Try Coniston Hall. No booking required even in the heart of summer, handy for Coniston village and right by the lake.
30 quid a night wi no leccy.....
No wonder you can just turn up..
Rather be here.. 11.25 quid a night wi no leccy...

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)

If you were trying to get into Keswick CCC site then you must be members, so, what about a THS or DA meet...there's plenty to go at up north...but just be aware that it's grim up here!

Allen

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017怋
If you were trying to get into Keswick CCC site then you must be members, so, what about a THS or DA meet...there's plenty to go at up north...but just be aware that it's grim up here!

Allen
Not so...
You do not need to be CCC Members to visit CCC Keswick..

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes

Try Castlerigg camp site. We are having a few days there from Sunday.
Can book up online

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017怋
Try Castlerigg camp site. We are having a few days there from Sunday.
Can book up online
Whoa.. look at prices there.
Non leccy looks reasonable.. until you notice that it per adult.... not two adults as per leccy prices.... and then extra for kids AND vehicle..

Screenshot_20240417_204810_Chrome.jpg

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Feb 6, 2024
York
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
15 Years
Braithwaite Fold ccc site just outside Keswick usually have spaces, nice site with a good bus service. I find ringing the site even if it shows full on the website, its worked for us in the past.

Sep 20, 2018
York, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 196
Exp
since 2017

Try braithwaite site only a couple of miles from keswick, bus stop right outside the campsite, i know it's a minimum 3 nights booking, but once you are there and they have vacancies you can call in the other sites ie. keswick derwentwater and ask if they have vacancies

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
Whoa.. look at prices there.
Non leccy looks reasonable.. until you notice that it per adult.... not two adults as per leccy prices.... and then extra for kids AND vehicle..

View attachment 886890

Ā£28 per night with EHU for Keswick. Not bad for 2.

The CCC sites in that area at over Ā£40 a night when Iā€™ve looked

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017怋
Ā£28 per night with EHU for Keswick. Not bad for 2.

The CCC sites in that area at over Ā£40 a night when Iā€™ve looked
Think you missed my point how they trying to make out that non leccy pitchs are SO much cheaper, and then you realise it's just for one adult... extra for two adults and then even more for kids!!

OOPPS need to review.. think I posted tent prices.. sorry..

Last edited:

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
Think you missed my point how they trying to make out that non leccy pitchs are SO much cheaper, and then you realise it's just for one adult... extra for two adults and then even more for kids!!

OOPPS need to review.. think I posted tent prices.. sorry..

Yep for vans itā€™s Ā£25.5 no EHU for 2. Still Ā£6 pp extra though. So for a family of 4ā€¦ā€¦
Still cheaper than the club sites.

Thatā€™s pretty cheap for EHU nowadays.

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Why even bother going to a site?
Not actually my usual gig to be honest, however, Keswick is one that is very close to a lovely town in a lovely part of the world where my lovely wife can have a lovely time on her lovely wee mobility scooter and then we can have some lovely beer.
It's quite........
..Lovely :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But yes, we rarely use sites at all, but make exceptions usually when they're in a nice town or very close and/or we need the facilities

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988

If you looked to book one, or two, nights at Keswick and you really want to stay there try booking for three nights.

Less than three nights usually leads to a message that there are no vacancies that match your search.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017怋
8 nights at Moffat CCC last week wanted nearly Ā£300...Ā£38/n. Inc leccy..... I DONT WANT LECCY but had to have it.. ( as stated many times on here my biggest gripe about club sites)..
So went litterly across the fence to The Green Frog site...
Ā£90....Ā£11.25/n.. no leccy..
So I am afraid this, it's the location that bumps up the price is bull shit..
Green Frog site is, maybe 10mins extra walk to center of Moffat than the CCC site and it still has shower toilet facilitys maybe not to CCC standards but how many time do we here that we have onboard facilitys So don't need all singing and dancing toilet blocks...

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Go on brit stops app get a night in pub for free

Try Braithwaite village site just outside Keswick ccc site.
Too far for her mobility scooter sadly.

Allen

'er indoors is from Manchester, I know all about grim :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I'll have a look for the THS's though, good call.

Castlerigg Hall
Too far from anywhere to explore sadly due to the mobility scooter

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Does it have to be Keswick? Would Kendal be any good? I've not stayed here but my owners group were here last week.

Reactions: JnJ
Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
Does it have to be Keswick? Would Kendal be any good? I've not stayed here but my owners group were here last week.

Less than a tenner a night in mid July!

edit - ah, no loo though. Still, for a fully serviced pitch for a night, that seems quite good to me? Bookmarked!

Idiot - that was for one night, not two :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
But they don't end up free when you wine and dine her indoors..
Cheaper to find a CAMC site.šŸ¤£
Yep I'm staying on a cl behind a pub. Ā£10 for camping including water and dump facilities etc. but I spent Ā£32 in pub last night for food and a couple of beers.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Kendal Cricket Club is Ā£10 pn. Hard standing, no facilities, can use clubhouse. Very close to town. The high wall stops most of the road noise but some of the members can be quite happy after a few bevies. šŸ˜‰

Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back