DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've just been looking at possible aires for our next trip to France later this year and was surprised to find that today many CCP aires were reporting as full or almost full*. This won't apply to all of them but the ones I was looking at in Provence and also along the Channel were very busy if not full.

The answer has to be the dates. Labour Day was 1 May and today is VE (Victory in Europe) Day. Tomorrow is Ascension Day. France is on holiday.

The CCP organization is having a good week. :)

*I am hoping they won't be so busy in September.

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
I've just been looking at possible aires for our next trip to France later this year and was surprised to find that today many CCP aires were reporting as full or almost full*. This won't apply to all of them but the ones I was looking at in Provence and also along the Channel were very busy if not full.

The answer has to be the dates. Labour Day was 1 May and today is VE (Victory in Europe) Day. Tomorrow is Ascension Day. France is on holiday.

The CCP organization is having a good week. :)

*I am hoping they won't be so busy in September.
We’ve just driven from Calais to Spain over the last two weeks. Some places busy and some not - though overall we feel there are more vans on the road this year and turning up late in the day often leads to a disappointment. May is a busy month in France for holidays, though this year the holidays were mostly mid-week (therefore difficult to ‘make the bridge’ to the weekend). September is usually just as busy/not busy with the retirees. Plan early arrivals and give yourselves an optional venue - works for us most of the time.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Similar here in Ypres, the Urban Gardens campsite and aire were full at 11:30,we made our way to the aire by the lake and got in there, it's now full.

Reactions: DBK
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Love the CCP software/website. How many UK site booking facilities have this feature of pitches available. CAMC and CCC could learn from this rather than the wardens/HQ being in total control. Oh but wait a minute these are members clubs so maybe not.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2022
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Laika EcoVip 3019
Exp
20 years +
We're on a campsite on the south west coast, yesterday the resort was empty, most of the restaurants closed, today there are queues at the campsite, all of the restaurants are open.. it's like a switch has been thrown! Sounds like the A10 around Bordeux was super congested heading south today as well. We're only staying here because our cat has been ill and it's close to a vet, looking forward to Spain after the weekend!

Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Traveled north today through the lower to middle part of the country lots of motorhomes about weather is picking up as well been very wet last few weeks some rivers are very high

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Chinon Aire has been full since we arrived at midday. Struggling to find anywhere in this little Loire area to move on to. Really wanted a proper pitch to get the chairs out and enjoy the sun.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
See you there. Going down there end of August for whole of September
I'm hoping to spend some time in Provence. It's a long way from Roscoff but we've always enjoyed Provence. The tag (and my bank balance) will just have to take the strain in places after Brittany where there are no tolls. :) Probably head up the Loire for a stretch then towards Lyon and then Grenoble, Gap and then we're there. :)

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
We're on a campsite on the south west coast, yesterday the resort was empty, most of the restaurants closed, today there are queues at the campsite, all of the restaurants are open.. it's like a switch has been thrown! Sounds like the A10 around Bordeux was super congested heading south today as well. We're only staying here because our cat has been ill and it's close to a vet, looking forward to Spain after the weekend!
Double bank holiday as per Bobby dazzler post #7 so they will take the Friday off and make a long weekend. Hope you find a vet on Friday 🤞

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I'm hoping to spend some time in Provence. It's a long way from Roscoff but we've always enjoyed Provence. The tag (and my bank balance) will just have to take the strain in places after Brittany where there are no tolls. :) Probably head up the Loire for a stretch then towards Lyon and then Grenoble, Gap and then we're there. :)
We re headed from Dover, we will be weather dependant. Either Rocade then Moulins and cross country to Vercors and bit of ardeche or Luxembourg Dole and blagging it south along the Rhone somehow.
The only thing on the hit list is an underwater museum about 200 m off the coast of Toulon so face mask and waterproof camera required. Ramatuelle will be getting a visit and probably a few places we have been to before, which is likely to include several beaux villages

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Love the CCP software/website. How many UK site booking facilities have this feature of pitches available. CAMC and CCC could learn from this rather than the wardens/HQ being in total control. Oh but wait a minute these are members clubs so maybe not.....
One downside is that it takes account of how many vans have gone in..not how much space is left after crap parking by some..6 spaces taken up by 4 vans where we are now so last van on just now has ended up parked on the service point!!

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
One downside is that it takes account of how many vans have gone in..not how much space is left after crap parking by some..6 spaces taken up by 4 vans where we are now so last van on just now has ended up parked on the service point!!
Yep! And sometimes the say they’re full when they’re not - due to 24 hours’ residency from whenever you arrive, rather than a fixed handover time.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Not just the aires. A few of the campsites i tried to book for next weekend are also full ( Another bank holiday weekend inFrance).

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Yep! And sometimes the say they’re full when they’re not - due to 24 hours’ residency from whenever you arrive, rather than a fixed handover time.
Hadnt thought of that!!
Like the system though, works in the main but this trip weve noticed they are starting to be a bit abused!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back