1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

Auto sleeper Symbol 2008

Discussion in 'TECH/MECH GENERAL' started by sysinfo, Oct 17, 2010.

1. sysinfo

sysinfo Read Only Funster

Been hearing about the six speed gearing of Motorhomes like the Trigano Tribune and the Fiat 2.3 engine, having a serious judder when reversing up hill. I gather the problem is that 1st and reverse gear ratio is too high. Has any member come across this with the 2.2 Peugeot Based motorhome like mine?

Bob
  2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Keep you boot off the gas pedal and let it do its own thing.

Going forward let the clutch out and then give it the gas, going backwards just leave it alone basically.

Peter
  3. sysinfo

sysinfo Read Only Funster

Peter, no disrespect, I hold a class 1 HGV. A PCV and IAM in both. Apart from that I was a Commercial Driving instructor. I know how to drive.

The question was, is my Auto sleeper 2.2 subject to this problem as I pick it up from the dealer on Wednesday?

Bob
  4. paulmold

paulmold Funster

I assumed and I'm sure anyone else reading it would think the same, from your original posting that you were having similar problems but it appears you are looking for problems before you even take delivery. I am sure Peter wasn't trying to teach you to suck eggs.
  5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster

Then you will be an ideal person to test it.

Throughout the whole Judderagte fiasco some doubt can be cast on the driver.

Then some people rarely reverse.

Then it seems very dependent on the particular vehicle. Same model, some say "no problem" others get the reverse gear changed.

Not long now and you can find out the hard way and speak on the results with some authority.

What you don't say is new/second hand. If brand new maybe you get the correct reverse ratio with it, or maybe it's an old chassis with the high one.

You can google "juddergate" for a mass of hits.