Are CAMC finally getting the message (2 Viewers)

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Just received this email from CAMC with reduction to deposit and 20% off a variety of sites during midweek.
All during the peak period .
Maybe with all the noise about their fees and perhaps people voting with their feet theyve had to react?

Screenshot_20230613_204326_Outlook.jpg

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Just received this email from CAMC with reduction to deposit and 20% off a variety of sites during midweek.
Maybe with all the noise about their fees and perhaps people voting with their feet theyve had to react?

View attachment 768743
I thought the same when I received it too.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

View attachment 768743
That is misleading! Apparently it is 10% deposit or £20 whichever is greater.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Been a member for 20 years but no longer crazy prices these days I forgot to renew my subs and had a email saying that I had a few days to make my payment or that would be it no reminders would be sent and my membership would be cancelled.

So with that sort of attitude I opted to.keep my money and spend it on the other side of the channel

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Made me think.
I looked at a couple of nights in CAMC Broadway or Cirencester for July.
Both had availability which I put down to either the deposit system or prices.
They are usually fully booked?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Even the deposit is fully refundable so obviously not many members like it.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
My membership ended 31st May but I got the email too !
Inspite of the PR bullsh@t in their annual report centred they havent got the message yet, they need to permanently reduce prices to pre Covid levels, sort the booking site and become a more empathetic organisation servicing customers needs.

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Made me think.
I looked at a couple of nights in CAMC Broadway or Cirencester for July.
Both had availability which I put down to either the deposit system or prices.
They are usually fully booked?
Spent Christmas at Cirencester last year, most expensive site I have ever been on, chatted to wardens about price and was told how lucky I was being a CAMC member as it would have been £12 a day extra, so its over the channel for us as much as possible or 90 day allow. Only renewed as get discount on MH insurance.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!

View attachment 768743
The big headlines only tell part of the story, makes them look good. 20% off selected sites, minimum of 3 nights Sun-Thurs booked at least 14 days before arrival!
The selected sites are the ones they can't fill and have poor occupancy because they are in the middle of nowhere. May be ok for caravaners (like many things in the club) who can jump in their car and go where they please, but as a motorhomer stuck in the middle of a field for 3 or more days (possibly in the rain) has as much appeal as eating raw meat!
Like any business, they're trying to sell the stuff that they can't move :(

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
IME Both clubs have always had these so called mid week, end of season,summer/easter deals. Etc.. HOWEVER when you try to book them they dont seem to make any diffrence to what I would expect to pay full price..
Con.Com..

Jun 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The big headlines only tell part of the story, makes them look good. 20% off selected sites, minimum of 3 nights Sun-Thurs booked at least 14 days before arrival!
The selected sites are the ones they can't fill and have poor occupancy because they are in the middle of nowhere. May be ok for caravaners (like many things in the club) who can jump in their car and go where they please, but as a motorhomer stuck in the middle of a field for 3 or more days (possibly in the rain) has as much appeal as eating raw meat!
Like any business, they're trying to sell the stuff that they can't move :(
We stayed at Hillhead near Brixham at the beginning of June Thurs - Sun with 20% off. We have always liked the site because it's on a bus route - we went to Paignton on the Friday and Kingswear and on to Dartmouth on the ferry on Saturday. Very empty - and this was half term week with Torbay airshow at the weekend.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Spent Christmas at Cirencester last year, most expensive site I have ever been on, chatted to wardens about price and was told how lucky I was being a CAMC member as it would have been £12 a day extra, so its over the channel for us as much as possible or 90 day allow. Only renewed as get discount on MH insurance.
Surely that doesn’t work, you are paying a high premium to belong to an expensive club to gat a small discount off insurance. Wouldn’t it be cheaper to bin the club and just pay the insurance.

Jan 25, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 727GA
Exp
Not long
Since the deposit system came in it’s become much easier to make bookings at a reasonable 2-3 weeks ahead of travel. Previously it was very frustrating finding weekends especially fully booked but then often spaces magically appearing the day before due to late cancellations and no-shows, so I’m all for it.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Probably 20% of basic site fee and nothing else, so still pricey. Haven’t looked so hope I am wrong
Yep site fee not total. Have booked to take grandsons but looking for alternative struggling to find somewhere in the midlands. Grandsons are near adults and so many family friendly are really geared up for under 12s

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Haven know how to market properly, just ask chaser

View attachment 769395

I get about four of these emails a year with prices as low as £10.00 per night, great value and you don't need to be a member to take advantage of the offer.
Absolutely, don't know why more folks don't take advantage of the marvelous deals at haven, the camp site parts are usually away from the club parts so you can be as quiet as you want or if you are into clubs and pubs you can join in for free.
Excellent.

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Don't think you will have a problem booking anywhere soon with the way thing's are going, especially if you happy to bite the bullet and pay their rates 🤷‍♂️
Let's face it, the reality is if you have restricted facilities in your outfit, or have security issues outside a manned site, you need to pay the cost of their 5 ☆☆☆☆☆ facilities, like any hotel offers at a premium.
Although Imo a pub car park free stop over has cost me a lot more overall, as you will be governed to drink, and more than likely eat there, as you feel obliged to, costing £50-£75+

Morris are pretty well in the same boat, outpricing their sites, and some with a min stay of a week 🙈 If you stay 12 fully paid nights you get 1 free night 🤣 What a joke, as if you would want to do that.
It used to be stay 3 nights, get 4th free !

Screenshot_20230615_083710_Email.jpg

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Absolutely, don't know why more folks don't take advantage of the marvelous deals at haven, the camp site parts are usually away from the club parts so you can be as quiet as you want or if you are into clubs and pubs you can join in for free.
Excellent.

I've stayed at a Haven. I know what the Duxette's reaction will be if I even suggest that. I'm not brave enough to try!

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Scotz, Have you tried Pillaton site in Penkridge, I flew over it on Sunday in my pals plane and it looked stunning. Plenty of space with a fishing pool, with great walks, biking paths for the lad's. Near to Penkridge and Cannock for bar's etc. Check it out as sure the prices are very competitive 👌

Screenshot_20230615_092439_Google.jpg

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
If they ditch deposits the selfish will return and pitch availability will diminish. Before they introduced deposits we had decided not to renew our membership due to the frustration over weekend availability. I understand many on the forum will never use CMC sites, are negative towards those that use EHU but looking around the site I am on today probably 60% of vehicles are Motorhomes or vans and all are hooked up to mains power. We will never wild camp always use sites of some description.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back