Any Pilote owners had this problem? (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
The waste in the shower has a dome/cap on it, which makes it difficult to clean, and also difficult to put a filter/sieve on top to catch hairs etc. No idea whether this is a common fitment on Pilotes. Anyone sorted this problem? Picture below.

Attachments

• IMG_20220319_170056.jpg
    IMG_20220319_170056.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 78

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The waste in the shower has a dome/cap on it, which makes it difficult to clean, and also difficult to put a filter/sieve on top to catch hairs etc. No idea whether this is a common fitment on Pilotes. Anyone sorted this problem? Picture below.
Yes, it is a push fit and fingernails under the metal coloured edge where it meets the shower tray will pull it up for cleaning. It is amazing how much gunk can build up

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Yes, it is a push fit and fingernails under the metal coloured edge where it meets the shower tray will pull it up for cleaning. It is amazing how much gunk can build up
You mean the whole thing pullls out? What holds the trap to the underside of the shower tray then? Not doubting you, just confused.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You mean the whole thing pullls out? What holds the trap to the underside of the shower tray then? Not doubting you, just confused.
Yes it does. Lifts up, exposing the trap and a removable cup thingy. Give me 5 minutes and you will have a photo

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
No, just the middle chrome button head. It may seem stiff, but eventually it will part from the main body of the shower drain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Just shows nothing is standardšŸ˜€ the middle button only lifted out on my last Pilote Galaxy. Every day is a school day.

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Yes it does. Lifts up, exposing the trap and a removable cup thingy. Give me 5 minutes and you will have a photo
Ok, I will try it carefully in a couple of days when our trip is over. Ours is different to the one in your picture so I'm a bit nervous. Thanks for taking the trouble to get pictures.

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Use a teaspoon to gently pull the middle bit up and out to clean it

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Ok, I will try it carefully in a couple of days when our trip is over. Ours is different to the one in your picture so I'm a bit nervous. Thanks for taking the trouble to get pictures.
Youā€™re welcome - it looked identical. Nothing to be lost by trying ā€¦.. apart from a fingernail. It is quite a tight fit

Apr 9, 2015
šŸ‡µšŸ‡¹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
acropolis22 - ours looks like it may be the same as yours. Never been able to remove the centre part so have resorted to ā€œfishingā€ with a skewer! Itā€™s a bit of a faff but seems to work ok.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Iā€™m still pretty sure that the whole thing comes outā€¦ā€¦ both my 2014 Pilote G690 and the Le Voyageur had the same and crud cleaning is a regular task. They are a very tight fit and seal though

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
acropolis22 - ours looks like it may be the same as yours. Never been able to remove the centre part so have resorted to ā€œfishingā€ with a skewer! Itā€™s a bit of a faff but seems to work ok.
There's no way the centre piece comes out on it's own. It's all one casting with the outer flange. So logically, the whole thing comes out. Famous last words......

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
There's no way the centre piece comes out on it's own. It's all one casting with the outer flange. So logically, the whole thing comes out. Famous last words......
Give it a goā€¦.. as I said, the fit is tighter than Kevinā€™s Keenanā€™s football shorts

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2021
Fordingbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Try bending the end of an old flat screwdriver over to form a lip and then fish it to the bottom and pull up from there moving around the circle it should come out and no risk of pulling the top off

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Try bending the end of an old flat screwdriver over to form a lip and then fish it to the bottom and pull up from there moving around the circle it should come out and no risk of pulling the top off
Sounds like an interesting plan, but I have no idea what you mean. šŸ™‚

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2021
Fordingbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
Sorry I know what I mean but not easy to explain, if you have an old screwdriver and bend the tip to form a 90deg lip then drop it in where the water drains out then twist it so that the lip is under the lowest part of the chrome part then pull up you will in effect be pushing from underneath not pulling from the top so not risking it breaking off in your hand, as it starts to move just work all the way around so that you are getting an even pull up, if you stay in one place it will wedge and the get even tighter, if this happens push back and start again, I expect there will be an O ring in there so it gunks up and really gets hold, once you have everything out clean well and apply some silicone grease from Scewfix or somewhere similar to the O ring and surrounding surfaces, best plan is to take it out regularly as that stops the build up which is the main cause of the resistance.

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Sorry I know what I mean but not easy to explain, if you have an old screwdriver and bend the tip to form a 90deg lip then drop it in where the water drains out then twist it so that the lip is under the lowest part of the chrome part then pull up you will in effect be pushing from underneath not pulling from the top so not risking it breaking off in your hand, as it starts to move just work all the way around so that you are getting an even pull up, if you stay in one place it will wedge and the get even tighter, if this happens push back and start again, I expect there will be an O ring in there so it gunks up and really gets hold, once you have everything out clean well and apply some silicone grease from Scewfix or somewhere similar to the O ring and surrounding surfaces, best plan is to take it out regularly as that stops the build up which is the main cause of the resistance.
Ok, I get it now. We are back home tomorrow, so I'll give it a go. Thanks for the tip, and thanks also to DuxDeluxe

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
So, after all the discussion about how to remove the waste and what bits come out and what don't, I just grabbed the sticking up cap bit, gave it a tug and the whole thing came out quite easily. You don't want to know what it looked like inside. All now cleaned out and replaced. Many thanks to everyone for suggestions and information. Without you I would never have enough thought to try to pull it up.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
So, after all the discussion about how to remove the waste and what bits come out and what don't, I just grabbed the sticking up cap bit, gave it a tug and the whole thing came out quite easily. You don't want to know what it looked like inside. All now cleaned out and replaced. Many thanks to everyone for suggestions and information. Without you I would never have enough thought to try to pull it up.
Hi Acropoplis, we have a 740 Evidence did just the middle come out or the whole chrome bit ,as I need to clean mine as well.

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Hi Acropoplis, we have a 740 Evidence did just the middle come out or the whole chrome bit ,as I need to clean mine as well.
The whole thing. And there is a plastic cup inside that also comes out. But I have no idea whether yours is the same. Did you see the photo in my original post?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The whole thing. And there is a plastic cup inside that also comes out. But I have no idea whether yours is the same. Did you see the photo in my original post?
Pleased you got it fixed. It was a leap of faith the first time I tried it - it does sound the same as minešŸ‘

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Pleased you got it fixed. It was a leap of faith the first time I tried it - it does sound the same as minešŸ‘
I think yours is more modern. The dome is bigger. Same basic idea though. Any idea where to get replacements? The chrome is on it's way out on mine.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I think yours is more modern. The dome is bigger. Same basic idea though. Any idea where to get replacements? The chrome is on it's way out on mine.
Mine was 2014. Sorry, can't assist with the sorting, but will have a look

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I have used a piece of the perforated rubberised sheeting we all use to line our drawers, don't we, cut a small hole in it to ease over the centre spindle and it catches a lot of the rubbish. Cheap and cheerful and easy to replace :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back