Any photographers on here? (1 Viewer)

May 25, 2021
Scotland
Funster No
MH
RP Rebel on order
Exp
Drone flight during a snowstorm over Kinlochbervie, Scottish Highlands. (CAA licenced)
DJI_0589-Edit-Social media-2.jpg

Jul 8, 2021
Gosport
Funster No
MH
Swift RIO 310
Exp
since 2021
I took this at Burnham on sea a little while back. I went there to photograph the lighthouse surrounded by the sea only to find out that all high tides aren't equal!!! I will have another attempt in a couple of months.

Attachments

• untitled--23.jpg
    untitled--23.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 43
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Digital was definitely a game changer, at least there was no more sleepless nights waiting for wedding prints to arrive:whistle2:
Ah, wedding photography. 10% camera work, 90% crowd control.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Ah, wedding photography. 10% camera work, 90% crowd control.
In the pre-digital days you could cover the whole day in 50 photos all posed, now 1,500 is the norm so that the album tells the story of the day. So much planning for weeks before and lots of hard work afterwards.
Don't let anyone tell you it's easy money.:whistle2:
Here is a video I made of the first 'digital' wedding I ever covered. When I met the groom on the morning of his wedding, to his horror (and mine) his face had come out in a terrible rash with nerves. He appeared in 95% of the photos and I had to make the rash disappear in them all! :doh:

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
I mainly use a Hasselblad which would solve your need to swap film speeds as you can change the film backs mid roll. And an Olympus XA for days when the Hasselblad is too heavy to lug around!
And i thought my D3X was heavy.
In the Underwater Housing etc now that was a weight to lug around.

Attachments

• Seacam_2418.JPG
    Seacam_2418.JPG
    876.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Seacam_2423.JPG
    Seacam_2423.JPG
    809.3 KB · Views: 29

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
There are some great really high photos on here, well done I admire your shots.
Here's my take on photography I'm into black and white mostly and here are a couple.
One was the light coming into the living room this morning and reflecting a mystical light pattern ( and no you cheeky beggars, that's not me sat there )
The other this morning was a christmas bag with a toy ... it was just the take on both father christmas and the dragon waving together

L1030128.jpg L1030129.jpg

Clive Mott

Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
The best landscape photographer for a long time has been Andy Stothert. Ultimate patience waiting days for the lighting to be right. Pitty his wife Marion who has to suffer all the hanging about. But Magnificent results on MMM front covers for many years.
I am crap at it but try. Mostly this phone is better than me with my Nikon D500.

May 8, 2016
Comrie
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Although you have said you want a weekend trip I would recommend a longer trip to Ross and Torridon and/or Lewis and Harris. There is a lot in Lewis and Harris you can’t see from the road but a couple of hundred yards from the road amazing cliffs and see stacks, leave the dogs in the van for that one!

466346A8-6718-4515-894D-B5AA204B6B07.jpeg E4F2900E-D0CC-4425-BE85-796212080971.jpeg 322BD89F-EB55-4FF2-A4C2-4CC761607DFD.jpeg

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Love your work, just a little surprised that you don't put a faint watermark on your images online, there's plenty of people out there who won't hesitate to use your great work without your permission. I had my own photographic business for around 7 years starting around 1987. It survived without advertising, just by word of mouth. I hadn't planned to start a business it just happened as a result of doing 'little jobs' which soon took over my full-time job! Of course that was in the days of Kodak, Fuji and Ilford films ........ no safety net, no room for error!
I moved from Scotland to Wales 19 years ago to help my wife look after her mother and immediately realised how much freedom I'd taken for granted in Scotland regarding access and freedom to roam. With landscapes, I soon felt as though I was doing my hobby with one hand tied behind my back, the fun soon went out of it. My other love, portraiture was still possible, so I set about trying to find work as I had previously in Scotland, but I knew no one and the little bit of interest I did get around 2008 thought I was charging too much, despite the fact I was asking the same as I was charging in Scotland in the early '90s which I was told then was too cheap!! :doh: I don't suppose the banking crash helped either!

Along came digital, my wife bought me a Nikon D70 so as I always have done I bought a 2nd identical body (as with back up film cameras!) In 2014 I upgraded to (2) Nikon D7000s which I still have but rarely use since I changed my job. I retired early last year as I struggled with my mobility, so it may be a chance to blow the dust off my 105mm Nikon Macro lens which I bought originally to photograph jewellery for a client with my studio lights and possibly relight my passion!!(y)
I used a Nikon F3 for years, I took a long time to go Digital but in the end I sold the Nikon F3 which paid for the Nikon D90 which was a great camera, then upgraded to Nikon D7200 once satisfied Digital was the way to go, only regret I have with the old kit, was selling my Nikon 300mm f2.8 lens which I now know I could have used on the new camera (which at the time didn't thing it could) and which I can't to buy now, I feel that loss the most.

Jul 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I enjoy photography as a hobby, typically landscapes, sunsets, long exposure (waterfalls, or traffic trails), wildlife (mostly birds in fairness, but that's mostly because that's what you mostly see) and macro (mostly insects, some flowers).

Where do people recommend as good places to visit for good photo opportunities?

I am new to motorhoming, but until now tended to book cottages, usually Scotland or the southern counties, for a week at a time and use it as a base. Hope is to cover more ground in a MH.

On my list is to go back to Mull (for WTSE), The Western Isles, north coast of Scotland.

Also really looking forward to places that are doable as weekend trips that I wouldn't have wanted to use a whole week's annual leave on before, but would have been a bit much for a day trip e.g. landscape photography in the Peak District.

I am also hoping to go and stay overnight somewhere close to Ham Wall in winter for the

Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
Northeast coast from Seaham to Berwick... absolutely stunning and lots of wildlife and birds of prey and not to mention many castles etc.

OP
OP
Poppy and Hamish

Poppy and Hamish

Free Member
Aug 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestyle 624
Exp
Completely new motorhomer
Northeast coast from Seaham to Berwick... absolutely stunning and lots of wildlife and birds of prey and not to mention many castles etc.
Thanks, I have pencilled in a week in October to do this area (unless we plump for a cheeky week in Europe for some sun). I have never really spent much time in the north of England, even less in the North East, so it's all unexplored territory for me

OP
OP
Poppy and Hamish

Poppy and Hamish

Free Member
Aug 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestyle 624
Exp
Ooh fantastic photos. I have never really been to the Yorkshire Dales either, so this is definitely going on the list. I think I will be good for a few years now 😃

OP
OP
Poppy and Hamish

Poppy and Hamish

Free Member
Aug 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestyle 624
Exp
Although you have said you want a weekend trip I would recommend a longer trip to Ross and Torridon and/or Lewis and Harris. There is a lot in Lewis and Harris you can’t see from the road but a couple of hundred yards from the road amazing cliffs and see stacks, leave the dogs in the van for that one!

View attachment 714397 View attachment 714398 View attachment 714399
I am actually going to both areas this year. I will be passing through Torridon. I am doing the NC500 over 2 weeks in May, and will be spending a few nights in the area.

I am also planning on going to Lewis and Harris, hopefully in September. Likely for a week or just over, and spending another week for a leisurely journey up and back. Lewis/Harris was the main drive for getting a motorhome. It just didn't seem to be a place where I wanted to be based in the same spot in a cottage for a week.

Uists next year in all likelihood.

Apr 2, 2021
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2020
I enjoy photography as a hobby, typically landscapes, sunsets, long exposure (waterfalls, or traffic trails), wildlife (mostly birds in fairness, but that's mostly because that's what you mostly see) and macro (mostly insects, some flowers).

I am new to motorhoming, but until now tended to book cottages, usually Scotland or the southern counties, for a week at a time and use it as a base. Hope is to cover more ground in a MH.

On my list is to go back to Mull (for WTSE), The Western Isles, north coast of Scotland.

Also really looking forward to places that are doable as weekend trips that I wouldn't have wanted to use a whole week's annual leave on before, but would have been a bit much for a day trip e.g. landscape photography in the Peak District.

I am also hoping to go and stay overnight somewhere close to Ham Wall in winter for the murmuration

I am also hoping to go and stay overnight somewhere close to Ham Wall in winter for the murmurations.
Given that this thread started in August it appears that almost everyone on here is a photographer! Your own pics are excellent. Scotland offers endless opportunities for landscape and wildlife photography - Torridon, for example is a stunning area. I'm planning to take my camera and drone there next week and was last there in October (see pics on Instagram - @auslanc). The trick is getting the right weather!
Glencoe, Skye and Mull are all wonderful areas, as is Harris in the Western Isles which has some of the most stunning beaches in the UK. The north east coast - Cullen, Gardenstown etc - is not as rugged but still well worth a visit, as are the bottlenose dolphins at Chanonry Point on the Black Isle.
Sorry if all these places have already been mentioned - too many replies to read through! Happy snapping.
sliochnu.jpg

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Given that this thread started in August it appears that almost everyone on here is a photographer! Your own pics are excellent. Scotland offers endless opportunities for landscape and wildlife photography - Torridon, for example is a stunning area. I'm planning to take my camera and drone there next week and was last there in October (see pics on Instagram - @auslanc). The trick is getting the right weather!
Glencoe, Skye and Mull are all wonderful areas, as is Harris in the Western Isles which has some of the most stunning beaches in the UK. The north east coast - Cullen, Gardenstown etc - is not as rugged but still well worth a visit, as are the bottlenose dolphins at Chanonry Point on the Black Isle.
Sorry if all these places have already been mentioned - too many replies to read through! Happy snapping.View attachment 714816
Don’t forget that if you are into landscapes/seascapes go south to towards Barra, you will get 3/4 seasons in one day but the light is stunning and the people are ace 👍🏻👍🏻

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Hello all you photo people.

All these georgous photos on here, where do you keep them? on you cameras, on a CD?

I'm asking because who else will get chance to see them.

I've experimented with my own for display on Instagram, but Instagram site has sadly degenerated into a chat type, Facebook contact show.

I have made a Wordpress site but I don't think it gets a lot of exposure.

"Gathering dust" on a computer, SD card or camera is a shame, It doesn't really worry me if people copy them, good luck to them.. they're for all to enjoy.

How do you put your photos out there?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Mine are currently on a 10tb NAZ and multiple external SSDs. I am currently working towards setting up a Squarespace website but as I don’t like processing it’s a slow process.
I do post to photo forum called Fotobuzz.com which is a subscription magazine style forum with loads of training content and regular comps.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
4TB NAS and selected holiday pics on Google Photos for a digital photo frame to grab, etc.
I used to have a Pro Flickr account via BT Yahoo email but that’s only at a capped free level now.

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Hello all you photo people.

All these georgous photos on here, where do you keep them? on you cameras, on a CD?

I'm asking because who else will get chance to see them.

I've experimented with my own for display on Instagram, but Instagram site has sadly degenerated into a chat type, Facebook contact show.

I have made a Wordpress site but I don't think it gets a lot of exposure.

"Gathering dust" on a computer, SD card or camera is a shame, It doesn't really worry me if people copy them, good luck to them.. they're for all to enjoy.

How do you put your photos out there?
On two 2Tb SSD USB3.1 sticks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back