American XL Bully dogs to be banned in the UK (1 Viewer)

Should XL Bully Dogs be banned

• Yes

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Yes, along with some other breeds

Votes: 36 46.2%

• Total voters

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
According to the stats, the breed that bites the most people... Dachshund. But a sausage dog doesn't tend to cause critical injuries.
Sadly I know that data is incorrect, as the insurance companies commissioned a study of all dog bites reported over a 5 year period. Statistically you are most likely to be bitten by a chocolate brown labrador. This data was presented to court in a case we were involved in via the dog rescue

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Sadly I know that data is incorrect, as the insurance companies commissioned a study of all dog bites reported over a 5 year period. Statistically you are most likely to be bitten by a chocolate brown labrador. This data was presented to court in a case we were involved in via the dog rescue
Reported bites, yes. And chocolate labs are pretty common. But if the question is, "Has your dog ever bitten someone?", apparently one in 5 daschunds have. Which is greater than any other breed. But as the damage is normally light, they often don't get reported.

But either way, it still proves the point. You're more likely to get bitten by a other breeds. But their bites and behaviour when aggressive aren't as dangerous. So the risk to the public is lower.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
that does surprise me

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
Have you noticed that these types of dogs seem to mostly be held on a harness? Harnesses are for dogs to pull against when tracking ie police dogs. Unless you are extremely strong you would be hard pressed to hold a 25kg dog never mind a 60kg+ XL Bully.
Fashion seems to be for harnesses to be worn by pet dogs. What happened to teaching dogs to walk on a loose lead?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Have you noticed that these types of dogs seem to mostly be held on a harness? Harnesses are for dogs to pull against when tracking ie police dogs. Unless you are extremely strong you would be hard pressed to hold a 25kg dog never mind a 60kg+ XL Bully.
Fashion seems to be for harnesses to be worn by pet dogs. What happened to teaching dogs to walk on a loose lead?
When I was a kid, I grew up with a German shepherd - border collie cross. My dad would walk him on a choke chain. He'd spend the whole time with his front paws in the air, gasping for breath.

When I got to about 10, it was my chore to walk the dog. We'd leave the house with the dog going bipedal and yanking my arm off. Once I was out of sight of home, I let him off the lead and he'd walk calmly beside me. Dogs.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Any dog with a chav on the other end of the lead should be banned.
You'll never see a chav with a poodle......not 'ard enough.
Actually had an ex employee who looked like a hard man Vinnie Jones type had 2 Chihuahuas He got done for ABH when someone took this piss out of him walking his dogs! True story!

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
Actually had an ex employee who looked like a hard man Vinnie Jones type had 2 Chihuahuas He got done for ABH when someone took this piss out of him walking his dogs! True story!
Can be nasty little dogs ( not all obvioudly) had my worst bite in 50 yrs a groomer from a chihuahua. They were originally bred to kill snakes that's why they are so fast and teeth so sharp.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back