1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

Advice Please

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME CHAT' started by duane0001, Jul 20, 2013.

1. duane0001

duane0001 Read Only Funster

Hello All
    I have just bought myself a 2000 swift 2 berth caravan which amazingly has never been used and sat in a large garage for 13 years, its basically brand new.
    Now the question is I want to tow this behind my Trigano Tribute motorhome (see my member garage) What I want to know is, is it possible to put twin electrics on a motorhome and if so would it put too much strain on my alternator and van electrics to charge another leisure battery up while under way?
    Cheers in anticipation of your replies and help

Duane
  2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster-Life Member

we used to occasionally tow a caravan behind our PVC no problem. running twin electrics is very straight forward with a van. the altenator copes fine with 2 leisure batteries and 2 fridges.
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster-Life Member

forgot to say, watch out for leaks in the caravan caused by the sealant drying out and going brittle having been stored under cover for so long:thumb:
    1 person likes this.