LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Good to see you have had a good trip following a very bad start....get that sorted and come again....we welcome careing visitors to our adopted country....what we, and many others don't like is those visitors, that take advantage and abuse the Spanish coastline and fail to get to grips that the culture is different....Spain offers so much more than just warm sunshine and cheap beer....

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
IMG_2968.jpeg
I haven't see an Adenauer for years. Must be worth a fortune?
Thanks for the thread & photos. Excellent to read & view.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Now home safe, thank you all for following. Sea a bit bumpy to start but quietened down overnight and ended up pretty much flat calm.

Did a Tesco shop at Lee Mill on the way home and just crashed with a mug of tea after unloading 90% of the van.

There might be a few final photos when I find them after changing my Spanish sim back which has just expired!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Reflecting on the trip would I have done anything differently?

Yes, most certainly!

We panicked into booking camp sites about a month before we left home as there were lots of stories of everywhere being full and I booked a week at each one.

No need to book at this time of year!

A whole week in the same place is too long for us so probably 2, 3 or 4 days max.

I need to improve my research on where to stay so that we can get more safe cycling in but we are not serious road bikers or mountain bikers either.

We are probably less beach animals than we thought nowadays.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Reflecting on the trip would I have done anything differently?

Yes, most certainly!

We panicked into booking camp sites about a month before we left home as there were lots of stories of everywhere being full and I booked a week at each one.

No need to book at this time of year!

A whole week in the same place is too long for us so probably 2, 3 or 4 days max.

I need to improve my research on where to stay so that we can get more safe cycling in but we are not serious road bikers or mountain bikers either.

We are probably less beach animals than we thought nowadays.
Good feedback....of course you travelled during the quieter period....during our wintertime, booking is essential, and you need to be prepared to change your plans...
I totally agree about limiting you stay in one place...however some folk can last the whole holiday on one site, same resort...for example...Beni...
Spain is a wonderful country...there is so much on offer...but you need to research what you want....and dabble here and there...we have just had a month in one region..La Mancha...ok..its Supa large, but provided us with what WE wanted....
So what about trying one of the Camperstops instead of sites....that's what we do....we rarely use a campsite, but are prepared to pay for our overnighter...by doing this you can get closer to the places of interest, as most Camperstops are located nearer to towns or interesting locations...
I believe that what you achieved on your last trip can be used to expand further, experience more and have a memorable visit...🇪🇦👍❤️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back