LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Black rock cottage by Glen Coe mountain resort.
IMG_0985.jpeg

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Yew, a softwood but one of the hardest, loved turning yew…🙂
I had a piece of yew to make a handle for a small knife I'd forged from a piece of car coil spring and couldn't believe how tough a wood it was, it was easier to shape using a flap wheel on the angle grinder than with a chisel !
I can't remember which side faced out, but English Longbows were made of yew and you had to use a section that incorporated the red heart wood and the white sap wood. One is great in tension, while the other is great in compression making a fantastic natural spring ?

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Summit of Snowdon. Up via the Pyg track and down via the Miner's track. Very windy but mostly dry.

View attachment 887508

View attachment 887509
Nice one, looks like you were lucky with the weather and visibility. Despite living in Wales for 20 years I've never been up Snowdon, and now never will be since they changed its name to Yr Wyddfa ;)
Done many of Scotland's Munros in my younger days, sadly those days are behind me:crying:

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Nice one, looks like you were lucky with the weather and visibility.
Yes, visibility was generally excellent with the summit only occasionally vanishing in low cloud. Probably as clear as I've seen it on many previous hikes up. Could see accros the Menai Stairs and the whole of Anglesey, the whole of the Llyn Peninsula and all accoss North Wales. Too cold and windy to linger long at the top though!

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
You were lucky with Snowden weather wise. I have done that route in both directions a couple of times.
On one occasion the weather forecast was looking good but the wind changed direction and tried to blow us off the top. Next visit the weather was clear but the area around the top was packed and you couldn’t get near the cafe.
Sadly it’s not a place to go in the summer. I watched a line of people stretching from the PYG car park as far as I could see.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
You were lucky with Snowden weather wise. I have done that route in both directions a couple of times.
On one occasion the weather forecast was looking good but the wind changed direction and tried to blow us off the top. Next visit the weather was clear but the area around the top was packed and you couldn’t get near the cafe.
Sadly it’s not a place to go in the summer. I watched a line of people stretching from the PYG car park as far as I could see.
Cafe still closed and the rack railway also not running, so quiet at the top. No need to queue for the obligatory selfies on the trig point!

We've been up before when it's an absolute bun fight.

PXL_20240419_125438720~2.jpg

Seven of us yesterday - our eldest daughter, her partner, and her partner's family. Top day out. 👍

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Cafe still closed and the rack railway also not running, so quiet at the top. No need to queue for the obligatory selfies on the trig point!

We've been up before when it's an absolute bun fight.

View attachment 887722

Seven of us yesterday - our eldest daughter, her partner, and her partner's family. Top day out. 👍
Who else counted the hands

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I did Crib Goch with my sister holding on to my rucksack with her eyes closed. My dads comment about look at the view didn’t go down well.

Oct 22, 2023
Rowley Regis, West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
AT F60 on order
Exp
Awaiting delivery of new MH, ordered at NEC Oct 2023
1000012761.jpg

This gate was on a walk from Brownsham to Clovelly in North Devon today.

We weren't sure whether to go through it or round it. We went round it, but made sure it was shut so the sheep didn't escape.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back