1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

135 amp Batteries best place to buy

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME CHAT' started by Braunston, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Braunston

Braunston

Hi,

Have any of you any suggestions on the best place/cheapest to buy 3 x 135 amp batteries, i would prefer sealed for life type, but normal flooded would be acceptable if the price was right, they are for general use including starting.

Thanks

Braunston
  2. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Depends where you are?

A company in my area called Potteries Diesel Services sells 110amp at £50 odd quid. By far the cheapest i've found and lots cheaper than what my local caravan dealer sells them at!
  3. Braunston

Braunston

Hi, I'm in Essex, but for the right price a 100 miles radius would be OK, thanks
  4. ScotJimland

ScotJimland Funster

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  5. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

This place is a bit of a long jaunt for you then though you could always try 'googling'?
  6. Brisey

Brisey Funster

These people seem to be competetive price wise, they deliver but that can be a bit pricey. Contact Tayna Batteries
  7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

There are cheap batteries and good batteries, we have found the cheap ones don't last.

We used to be able to sell GOOD batteries for £65 retail, but not now.:cry:

Peter
  8. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

My mates had two years use out of his so far Peter and like he says, if he gets another couple of years use out of it, he's more than had his moneys worth and will be happy to chuck it. And he does use it pretty heavily too when 'on the road'.....charging camera batteries, running a laptop, television and mp4 player, besides all the usual lighting etc.

Only time i bothered with an expensive battery was when i had a car and that lasted just 18months before one of the cells went down. Got it replaced 'foc' but the point i'm making is many cheapos last longer than that. So paying top whack for a fancy name isn't always the answer.
  9. Hybrids

Hybrids Read Only Funster

I can vouch for the Leisure batteries supplied to Potteries Diesel Services because I sell them to them :Rofl1:
  10. Braunston

Braunston

Hi, Hybrids

You sound like just the person we need to speak to, How much do you charge for 135 ah batteries,

I have been looking at Numax M135, but i would like to use sealed for life.

Thanks

Braunston

11. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Well my mates more than pleased with his......and the price is right too. I shall be going there to pick one up as my 85 isn't enough.

Just out of curiousity, seeing as the price is so low, what kind of price are they coming in at trade?
  12. Hybrids

Depends how many pallets of them you buy, but they appear to be making a very small margin at those prices, but they do shift a good quantity.
  13. Mac_fillpot

Mac_fillpot Guest

The first post had a requirement for using the battery for starting.

Use a leisure battery for starting and it will be toast.

You do have to be clear on what you intend to use the battery for??? Leisure can be deep cycled and no high current, non-leisure can provide high current, but does not like deep discharge.

You'll pay a hefty premium for something that will do both - but I doubt that's what your quiting at £65-ish for 135 Ah

Fore warned etc. !!

Trev
  14. Hybrids

I don't think anyone said they could get 135ah for £65, John Cross said he "used" to be able to sell 110ah for £65.
    Battery technology has moved on and in Leisure product the are similarities with Automotive construction and these will allow for Dual Purpose, most Leisure in the market place is Dual purpose, a few years ago companies would dual source Marine (for starting and cycling) and std Leisure (for cycling only), but it's all the same DP now,
    I do know one large distributor that has recently dropped traditional Leisure product and now supply Automotive related product in place, slightly different size box and slightly different Ah rating.
    If it was a true Traction battery/cells then yes I would agree, no high amp draw in short bursts, but we currently only see true traction in things like RV's with 6volt cells, Caravan/Motorhome manufacturers have demanded compromises in the batteries wanting to pay Automotive prices but have cyclic capabilities.
  15. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi don't get me wrong I wasnit 'knocking' theirs, just a general statement as to what we have found.

Peter
  16. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Must be shifting a fair amount then.

Just been to them today and their price on a 110ah leisure battery is £58.