135 amp Batteries best place to buy (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Have any of you any suggestions on the best place/cheapest to buy 3 x 135 amp batteries, i would prefer sealed for life type, but normal flooded would be acceptable if the price was right, they are for general use including starting.

Thanks

Braunston

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Have any of you any suggestions on the best place/cheapest to buy 3 x 135 amp batteries, i would prefer sealed for life type, but normal flooded would be acceptable if the price was right, they are for general use including starting.
Depends where you are?

A company in my area called Potteries Diesel Services sells 110amp at £50 odd quid. By far the cheapest i've found and lots cheaper than what my local caravan dealer sells them at!

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, I'm in Essex, but for the right price a 100 miles radius would be OK, thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

I buy from here, direct from the factory.. at Southend on Sea , Essex.. they also deliver, call for a price, or pop into the factory shop.. top quality and at a competitive price , no middle man.. :winky:

Link Removed

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Depends where you are?

A company in my area called Potteries Diesel Services sells 110amp at £50 odd quid. By far the cheapest i've found and lots cheaper than what my local caravan dealer sells them at!

There are cheap batteries and good batteries, we have found the cheap ones don't last.

We used to be able to sell GOOD batteries for £65 retail, but not now.:cry:

Peter

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
There are cheap batteries and good batteries, we have found the cheap ones don't last.
My mates had two years use out of his so far Peter and like he says, if he gets another couple of years use out of it, he's more than had his moneys worth and will be happy to chuck it. And he does use it pretty heavily too when 'on the road'.....charging camera batteries, running a laptop, television and mp4 player, besides all the usual lighting etc.

Only time i bothered with an expensive battery was when i had a car and that lasted just 18months before one of the cells went down. Got it replaced 'foc' but the point i'm making is many cheapos last longer than that. So paying top whack for a fancy name isn't always the answer.

Hybrids

Free Member
Aug 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Depends where you are?

We used to be able to sell GOOD batteries for £65 retail, but not now.:cry:

Peter

I can vouch for the Leisure batteries supplied to Potteries Diesel Services because I sell them to them :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Hybrids

You sound like just the person we need to speak to, How much do you charge for 135 ah batteries,

I have been looking at Numax M135, but i would like to use sealed for life.

Thanks

Braunston

I can vouch for the Leisure batteries supplied to Potteries Diesel Services because I sell them to them :ROFLMAO:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Well my mates more than pleased with his......and the price is right too. I shall be going there to pick one up as my 85 isn't enough.

Just out of curiousity, seeing as the price is so low, what kind of price are they coming in at trade?

Hybrids

Free Member
Aug 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Just out of curiousity, seeing as the price is so low, what kind of price are they coming in at trade?

Depends how many pallets of them you buy, but they appear to be making a very small margin at those prices, but they do shift a good quantity.

M

Mac_fillpot

Deleted User
Depends where you are?

The first post had a requirement for using the battery for starting.

Use a leisure battery for starting and it will be toast.

You do have to be clear on what you intend to use the battery for??? Leisure can be deep cycled and no high current, non-leisure can provide high current, but does not like deep discharge.

You'll pay a hefty premium for something that will do both - but I doubt that's what your quiting at £65-ish for 135 Ah

Fore warned etc. !!

Trev

Hybrids

Free Member
Aug 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
The first post had a requirement for using the battery for starting.

Use a leisure battery for starting and it will be toast.

You do have to be clear on what you intend to use the battery for??? Leisure can be deep cycled and no high current, non-leisure can provide high current, but does not like deep discharge.

You'll pay a hefty premium for something that will do both - but I doubt that's what your quiting at £65-ish for 135 Ah

Fore warned etc. !!

Trev

I don't think anyone said they could get 135ah for £65, John Cross said he "used" to be able to sell 110ah for £65.
Battery technology has moved on and in Leisure product the are similarities with Automotive construction and these will allow for Dual Purpose, most Leisure in the market place is Dual purpose, a few years ago companies would dual source Marine (for starting and cycling) and std Leisure (for cycling only), but it's all the same DP now,
I do know one large distributor that has recently dropped traditional Leisure product and now supply Automotive related product in place, slightly different size box and slightly different Ah rating.
If it was a true Traction battery/cells then yes I would agree, no high amp draw in short bursts, but we currently only see true traction in things like RV's with 6volt cells, Caravan/Motorhome manufacturers have demanded compromises in the batteries wanting to pay Automotive prices but have cyclic capabilities.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Hi don't get me wrong I wasnit 'knocking' theirs, just a general statement as to what we have found.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back