Schwandorf

IMG20230624132451.jpg
Wife woke up not feeling so well. Dodgy paella or too much cycling or change of weather or hypochondria. We aren't too sure.
The plan was to stay another day at Deggendorf and cycle towards Passau.
Quick discussion after the amount of detours we had yesterday was to go to Passau then see how she was and maybe cycle a bit back.
Just as we are pulling out we thought about it being a Saturday and fancied somewhere more remote. We looked at the map and saw a red road with green border meaning lovely views towards Cham.
We LL take that and see what happens was our thought process.
After we left we realised I hadn't secured the bikes in the garage so stopped very shortly but not abruptly to sort that out then opened the drain for the dregs of the sulphur stinking grey waste to drip out. (Main part was done over a grey waste!!)
Then the views. Really nice road, very wide, loads of tall trees and hills. I will have a look at the dash cam to see if they show up or not, and they might show a mink run across in front of us, but not the deer in the fields.
We turned left at Cham and pulled over as we were hoping to have already found a sign for a party at some village but failed.
Schwandorf looked good. Free, loads of space, good reviews, lakes and a river.
Good decision. Parked right up against the Naab with a minimally used cycle path between us. 25 ISH vans here and room for another 50. It's at festplatz which makes us think it might be closed when they have a festival.
IMG20230624132451.jpg

We tried the heat your own buns in the oven today from lidls. Very nice. French butter and pastrami then a cycle on some not so good roads out to a lake where they wanted to charge us 3.50 each to enter.
So we cycled round the lake til we got to a beach and went in there instead and wife caught me doing a Daniel Craig
IMG20230624170114.jpg

IMG20230624170120.jpg

The TO was closed when we went but took a couple of quick snaps. Going in later !
IMG20230624144614.jpg
IMG20230624145323.jpg
IMG20230624145327.jpg

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
suavecarve
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update