Day 20 - End of The Wild Atlantic Way and Beyond (2 July 2023)

20230702_130526.jpg
A few things seemed to whizz past some rocking the van, until midnight after which I was firmly in the land of zzzs. A leisurely breakfast of yet more bacon and egg rolls and I was ready to go. But where?

A few miles (or kilometers after all the Irish are metricated), along the road is Kinsale. This is the end of the south direction Wild Atlantic Way, just shame I didn't see that sign as it would have avoided a bit of confusion of where I was going. I decided on a bit of a wander around, but as I'm not really touristy I soon lost interest. As with many of these little towns, they are a traffic magnet. Nice sheltered harbour area, but don't think the big black bird was happy having it's photo taken. There was a good example of a wooden refuse collection horse drawn cart, or tumbler cart as they called it.

20230702_124745.jpg

20230702_125217.jpg

20230702_125300.jpg

20230702_130526.jpg

I headed towards Cork with the intent to move eastwards somewhere on the South Coat of Ireland for a bit of R&R. That was a shock to the system. There were 3 lane dual carriageways, motorway signage, roadworks with all sorts of diversion roundabouts and even a tunnel. I'm almost traumatised.

Following the main N25, which was now a fast two way road mostly with hard shoulder, I crossed into County Waterford. I've ended up on a grassy motorhome specific campsite. Think of it as a posh THS perhaps with 100+ pitches in Ardmore for €15 a night (no EHU and refuse extra, but it has water, elsan and even drive over grey waste). It overlooks a beach and is about 10 minute walk from the small village. I think I'll stay till Ireland leaving day on Tuesday.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
Kannon Fodda
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

Share this entry

Rhino Installs
Direct Motorhome Services