Zenec Z-E3726 no sound - time for change?

OP
OP
DoroDormobile
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 588
Try taking the cables out from the Caratec unit and connect them directly to the loom on the other side that’s what I did and got my sound back never put the Caratec back in as it never worked properly.😊
I am not quite sure what you mean about connecting directly to the loom on the other side.. I would be interested in trying because Caratec seem to agree that the DSP unit must be defective.

OP
OP
DoroDormobile
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 588
If I unplug the headphone jack from the TV, I get sound through the TV speakers which is probably another indication that there is a problem with the Caratec DSP unit. Logically, there must be a feed from the head unit to the DSP unit and then from the DSP unit to the speakers so the wires would be right beside each other if only I knew which wires to join.

OP
OP
DoroDormobile
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 588
Do people think that the Caratec DSP is essential or could it be bypassed? I guess it would mean losing the option of directing the TV through the cab speakers would be lost (unless it could be directly attached to the head unit as an auxiliary input?). A new Caratec DSP seems to be over £1000 which seems like overkill. I guess could fit a different amplifier if not happy with the sound without it. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Caratec DSP?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
DoroDormobile sorry I have taken so long to reply but you are correct just disconnect the cables from the Caratec and connect them together bypassing the Caratec that’s how I have sound although no tv through speakers.
As for the Zenec ours is ok but as we are driving it will suddenly drop out for 10/20 seconds and then start again I’ve not been able to find a loos connection but there are so many wires and connectors in the rats nest at the back of it I have probably missed it so I’m not going to waste any more of my life on this crap and leave it as it is until someone finds an compatible replacement 😊
I was unable to get any diagrams from Caratec or Hymer who won’t release any until vehicle is seven years old and even then I don’t believe the will🤔

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML-t 580 4x4
Exp
Getting there!
Do people think that the Caratec DSP is essential or could it be bypassed? I guess it would mean losing the option of directing the TV through the cab speakers would be lost (unless it could be directly attached to the head unit as an auxiliary input?). A new Caratec DSP seems to be over £1000 which seems like overkill. I guess could fit a different amplifier if not happy with the sound without it. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Caratec DSP?
This is what they fit in newer Carthago's Jehnert V40 Amp.

As far as I can see it would work. It turns on when sensing input from the head unit, TV input or with the optional bluetooth. I think what it wouldn't do with your Hymer set up is allow the rear bedroom speakers to still be used by the radio when the front speakers are using the TV.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DoroDormobile
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 588
Postscript: Well it turns out it was the Caratec DSP. It was obvious with hindsight - if it had been the head unit the TV should still have played through the amplifier. I found a seconddhand replacement from a 2018 Hymer MLT 580 (Mercedes) on kleinanzeige.de (small ads in German) for 75 euro delivered. It was a Caratec MC029230 but was a MC029230_HT (not _HV) with Softwarestand 85HY02T1 rather than 84HY02V1. It worked immediately it was connected up to my system and continued to work after I installed what I assume was a firmware update supplied by the Caratec service team, who were very helpful throughout - service@caratec.de. So normal service has been resumed. Many thanks to all who responded to my original post.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back