Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thanks jim. i can build an artic .make stoves from gas bottles you name it but get my head round working a computer . useless. i,m not illiterate i knew my dad . hee hee .thanks again is that twice today .

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
thanks jim. i can build an artic .make stoves from gas bottles you name it but get my head round working a computer . useless. i,m not illiterate i knew my dad . hee hee .thanks again is that twice today .

nuttin to it Alan .,. wanna built me a camper out of gas bottles ... :roflmto:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
We were too poor for cameras.............I just had a pencil and a roll of toilet paper.......before it went for processing:Smile:

barry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi jim . might be easier out of a tanker. better not be a sewage tanker or we could be in the s==t. been there several times before.
bet the local lpg station would have a fit if you turned up to fill your lpg tank .hee hee
even more so if you used an adaptor off ebay. heee hee must go think i might wet myself thinking about it. cheers alan.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The first camera I ever bought for myself was a Praktica MTL 3 35mm SLR.
Fully "Manumatic"....:RollEyes:

I bought it during my first trip to sea as cadet when I was 16 years old.
It replaced my Kodak Instamatic.

I kept it and used it for almost 25 years.. Think I still have it somewhere...

praktica-mtl3.jpeg

If I remember correctly they were made in the old East Germany (DDR).

Callum

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Mine was the familiar Brownie 127, then an Instamatic (Wow!!) When I was a "young lad" in the RAF I was posted to RAF Gan in The Maldives, (long before the age of the holiday-maker) and thought I'd better invest in a decent camera. I bought a Minolta Hi-Matic 7s ... Cracking little camera ...

images

then later, serving in Berlin I bought my first SLR, a Practika LLC, which was then "state of the art" from its East German manufacturer ....

images

Then later in life, it was the Canon or Nikon decision to be made. I chose Canon, and have had a fair few since! :thumb:
Great post by the way - good to see all the old cameras.They were all so simple. I wonder what they'll be making of our current "state of the art cameras" in 50 years time?? My latest one has a manual that runs to over 400 pages!! :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back