You couldn't make it up, disaster trip 2024 (60 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have you got a bank account or credit/debit card that converts £ to € for no fee, no commission & base exchange rate?
I just saved myself £300 on a £5k bill by using this option rather than using the retailer's exchange rate.

If not, I'd quickly set up something like a Chase bank account [not a typo], can all be done online.

Paying by a credit card also gives you protection should you need it [if the work hasn't been done properly]
Yes see my previous post.
I can't believe how these things are so easy with all the horror stories we get on here.

Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
There will be no more dogs that is a definite. Blu will hopefully calm down over the next year ( she is 1 year old today ) but she is a handful, loveable but a bloody handful and she makes it very hard work to walk 4, so definitely no more. Besides if she lives to be 10-15 ill be in my sixties. That's enough for now.

Hadn't seen that about morroco but I never see or hear the news as its never good.

But there's a risk of terror attacks anywhere at anytime really so it wouldn't put me off.

I want my bumper painted lol
Good for you, it also means I can enjoy following the trip.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Aye with a new van you want a garage with all the bells and whistles. Hopefully warranty covers most of it.

But with older motors like mine and Charlie's where second hand parts are usually available then big garages are a nightmare as they want to fit new parts.

So much for the world being greener and recycling etc.
They fit new parts so they can warrant it, they dint know if the inside of a 2nd hand box is OK or has same issue so you drive down the road and same thing happens. But get your point if your van only worth a couple of grand.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Sorry Chas but some of your posts I can’t help laughing… it seems like a Monty python show. Especially the hertz saga…

I hope in 5 years you may laugh about it all… life is an adventure…🍻🍻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Just been having a bit of a Google around and apparently I can pay it directly out of my Lloyds account, if the bill is 4600 euros it will be £4000 , sounds good to me. (y)
Lloyds will charge you a non GB transfer fee so check with them how much!!

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
I know this sounds like a advert for lv breakdown insurance, but I just couldn't believe what they were prepared to do for us, we didn't make use of a lot they offered us as having seen horror stories on here about breakdown companies we couldn't believe half of it was serious, and it still keeps on coming.
Never having used breakdown before it came as a complete surprise, and they didn't argue about anything.

Who is the breakdown cover operated by? I doubt LV actually manage it themselves.

Is that a good thing ?
As Lennies vehicle is under Fiat warranty then yes!
Breakdown Insurance is separate. I have LV European cover on our Van and car and also personal cover for the two of us. Just got my renewal in today. £288.

Not cheap - Nationwide cover is £13 per month (£156) (going up to £18 in December (£216) for personal over for 2. Plus it includes worldwide travel insurance for you an your family!!!
Have you got a bank account or credit/debit card that converts £ to € for no fee, no commission & base exchange rate?
I just saved myself £300 on a £5k bill by using this option rather than using the retailer's exchange rate.

If not, I'd quickly set up something like a Chase bank account [not a typo], can all be done online.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#chase

Paying by a credit card also gives you protection should you need it [if the work hasn't been done properly]

I agree credit card would be best.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
When we were there they said they don't take any UK credit or debit cards it had to be direct bank to bank.
Pleased to hear it's sorted.(y)

If you send the cash to me I've got an account with that garage so I can make sure it's paid for you. No commission required.:whistle2::whistle2::whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
chaser
This is the exchange rate with Revolut, just the free account but you could upgrade for one month as I think you get better rates

Screenshot_20241001_111010_Revolut.jpg

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
There will be no more dogs that is a definite. Blu will hopefully calm down over the next year ( she is 1 year old today ) but she is a handful, loveable but a bloody handful and she makes it very hard work to walk 4, so definitely no more. Besides if she lives to be 10-15 ill be in my sixties. That's enough for now.

Hadn't seen that about morroco but I never see or hear the news as its never good.

But there's a risk of terror attacks anywhere at anytime really so it wouldn't put me off.

I want my bumper painted lol
thats it get your priorities right (I want my bumper painted lol)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
Just been having a bit of a Google around and apparently I can pay it directly out of my Lloyds account, if the bill is 4600 euros it will be £4000 , sounds good to me. (y)

I doubt lloyds have the best rates out there. Worth looking at Wise. Quite easy to set up. You transfer your £££ to them and they convert and deliver it to your garages bank account. Usually better rates and lower fees. I used it regularly when living in Hong Kong to transfer money to UK. 4600 euros would work out at £3812

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry Chas but some of your posts I can’t help laughing… it seems like a Monty python show. Especially the hertz saga…

I hope in 5 years you may laugh about it all… life is an adventure…🍻🍻
I know mate, I have to laugh myself now we are home, but we really should have some sort of claim against hertz but don't know if I can be bothered seeing that we didn't pay for it in the first place ,LV did, but we had to put up the insurance money from which they have taken £250 for repair to the tyre well obviously new tyre but then £50 for petrol and £50 to fill it, but it's not so much the money but the treatment we had from them.
Just coming and taking the car away for a flat tyre , why?
Not bringing another car , why?
Not asking how we were , why?
No mention of anything till taking my money.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back