Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G phone with accessories for just over £230

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As I've mentioned on other thread we were considering getting new phones as our current ones - Redmi Note 10 Pro are only 4G. We waited for todays Prime day but there's no great deals on there so we've gone onto HotUKDeals who had a link to Mi.com (Xiaomi site) and bought a couple off there:

xiaomi-redmi-note-13-pro-5g-smartphone

There are various discount codes but if you spend £300 you get £50 off, plus use the code RN132024 you get another £20 off, so £70 in total
. You just buy the phone (others are available but make sure they say 5G as the ones that don't say this are likely only 4G), then add accessories to take you over £300 - you can choose what accessories you want, the ones in the HUKD link is just what someone picked to get the cheapest price possible but we didn't want those bits so chose our own. If you don't want anything else you'd only get £20 off making the phone £249 but by getting accessories it makes it even cheaper and you get the accessories for free!

We did separate orders to get the full discounts but each chose:
Redmi Note Pro 5G (purple for me, black for hubby)
Wireless charging stand
USB cable
Dual port USB charger
Wireless mouse (can never have too many mice!)

Total cost £302.96, discount £70, final cost £232.96

1728409652748.png

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Are they good phones ? never heard of Redmi
I've had a couple of Redmi's and have been very happy with them. The 13 pro are a bit outside of my budget unless Minxy can point out why I need one lol ...

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes, had them for good few years now (since 2019 I think), we started with Redmi 8, then 9, our current 10 and now our new 13 5G model. You have to check out the specs though as there are lots with similar names/numbers. If you don't want the bits and bobs that the Note Pro versions have they do the standard Note ones which are about £100 or so cheaper for the 4G version, but obviously they don't have the same spec, eg lower processors, memory etc.

We went for these as we wanted ones similar to what we have as we're obviously familiar with them but also because they have a good camera, my current Note 10 Pro takes great photos to the extent that I simply don't use my DSLR cameras now, I'd only use them if it was for something really special/important, so having something as good as, or better, than my current phone is imperative. Also as we don't have a landline we use our phones for all our internet requirements on a daily basis so having ones that are good in that regard is also important.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've had a couple of Redmi's and have been very happy with them. The 13 pro are a bit outside of my budget unless Minxy can point out why I need one lol ...
Depends what you need it for really, not everyone needs/wants the spec we do, it really depends on how you intend to use it. Our current Redmi 10 phones cost us around £115 each and are over 2 years old now having had a LOT of use though they are still going strong so will be kept as our back-up phones but not being 5G we struggled at times to get connections when away, even in the UK (in out of way places), so hopefully these new ones will ensure that's not an issue anymore, they should last for a good few years before we need to get phones again - as the new phones are eSim compatible we can add an eSim to the mix along with the dual physical sims so if we struggle abroad we can always buy an eSim for the times we need it but still use our UK sims too to receive calls/texts.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.

As said above - Xiaomi are the brand and Redmi is just one of many model ranges they do. Excellent phones.. I only buy cheap and my Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC cost £130 years ago and is brilliant.

Always been a fan since I came across them when living in Hong Kong. They are a major company in China They produce all kinds of electronics with internet enabled everything - washing machines, kettles, etc

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We both have had the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5g's for a while, they are excellent with 128gb of storage plus the Twin SIM is essential for us when we travel and will be investing in Thai data Sims while passing through BKK next week. 🙏

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Another vote on Xiaomi (y)

My son got into them years ago saying "they are the Chinese apple".
Had several of their phones over the year plus CCTV camera, dash cam etc..
They do some good offer from their UK website but as said in a post above, check the specs as they do have so many model numbers and can look similar till you check whats on the phone.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I had a Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 pro and was so impressed by the camera and charge speed that, I bought a Xiaomi 14 ultra 😅

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
…………We did separate orders to get the full discounts but each chose:
Wireless charging stand…………

Unless the specification has changed, I do not think this phone has wireless charging.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Yes, had them for good few years now (since 2019 I think), we started with Redmi 8, then 9, our current 10 and now our new 13 5G model…….

Wow, Mel…… so you have had 4 different phones in 5 years. Think this is more frequent changing than you used to do with your MoHo’s before you bought your current Carthago! :rofl:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Wow, Mel…… so you have had 4 different phones in 5 years. Think this is more frequent changing than you used to do with your MoHo’s before you bought your current Carthago! :rofl:
😆

I've only had 3 phones as has hubby, I got the 9 in 2019 and he already had the 8, then we both got a 10 in Sept 2022, so the 13 will be our third each.

As for MHs 😄 we swapped as needs changed, we've had the Carthago for 5 years now (he's just had his birthday on 7th), but have no plans to change him, he suits us perfectly.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Unless the specification has changed, I do not think this phone has wireless charging.
B*gger just checked and you're right! Off to murder hubby! 🤬

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As I've mentioned on other thread we were considering getting new phones as our current ones - Redmi Note 10 Pro are only 4G. We waited for todays Prime day but there's no great deals on there so we've gone onto HotUKDeals who had a link to Mi.com (Xiaomi site) and bought a couple off there:

xiaomi-redmi-note-13-pro-5g-smartphone

There are various discount codes but if you spend £300 you get £50 off, plus use the code RN132024 you get another £20 off, so £70 in total. You just buy the phone (others are available but make sure they say 5G as the ones that don't say this are likely only 4G), then add accessories to take you over £300 - you can choose what accessories you want, the ones in the HUKD link is just what someone picked to get the cheapest price possible but we didn't want those bits so chose our own. If you don't want anything else you'd only get £20 off making the phone £249 but by getting accessories it makes it even cheaper and you get the accessories for free!

We did separate orders to get the full discounts but each chose:
Wireless charging stand
USB cable
Dual port USB charger
Wireless mouse (can never have too many mice!)

Total cost £302.96, discount £70, final cost £232.96

View attachment 962296
Should have bought them when in Spain Mel.Carrefour are doing them discounted to 169€

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Should have bought them when in Spain Mel.Carrefour are doing them discounted to 169€
That's the 4G model though, not the 5G Pro version - here they are £139 so a lot cheaper than the 5G models but the memory, storage etc isn't as good - so many variants of them!

Just had a shuftie, this is the equivalent of the ones we've bought.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
That's the 4G model though, not the 5G Pro version - here they are £139 so a lot cheaper than the 5G models but the memory, storage etc isn't as good - so many variants of them!

Just had a shuftie, this is the equivalent of the ones we've bought.

Mines a note 10 5G. I don't think I was that aware of it being 5g when I bought it our son was working in a phone shop shortly before and recommended it

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
B*gger just checked and you're right! Off to murder hubby! 🤬
Hubby is still alive ... but only just ... >:)

He's rung Mi and they've said to return the charger and we'll get a refund for it (at the reduced price as the discount is shared between all items) but we shouldn't lose the £50 discount for ordering over £300 ... hopefully! This means that the total cost will be £232.96-£12.52=£222.44 for the phone, car charger, cable & mouse if the discount is still applied.

An alternative option is to keep the chargers and flog them on Ebay/Facebook as they're fetching more than double what they'll have cost us! :giggle:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Hubby is still alive ... but only just ... >:)

He's rung Mi and they've said to return the charger and we'll get a refund for it (at the reduced price as the discount is shared between all items) but we shouldn't lose the £50 discount for ordering over £300 ... hopefully! This means that the total cost will be £232.96-£12.52=£222.44 for the phone, car charger, cable & mouse if the discount is still applied.

An alternative option is to keep the chargers and flog them on Ebay/Facebook as they're fetching more than double what they'll have cost us! :giggle:

Best keep them, Mel. They may be useful for your new phones next year, which will likely have wireless charging. :rofl:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Depends what you need it for really, not everyone needs/wants the spec we do, it really depends on how you intend to use it. Our current Redmi 10 phones cost us around £115 each and are over 2 years old now having had a LOT of use though they are still going strong so will be kept as our back-up phones but not being 5G we struggled at times to get connections when away, even in the UK (in out of way places), so hopefully these new ones will ensure that's not an issue anymore, they should last for a good few years before we need to get phones again - as the new phones are eSim compatible we can add an eSim to the mix along with the dual physical sims so if we struggle abroad we can always buy an eSim for the times we need it but still use our UK sims too to receive calls/texts.

5G signal on the usual spectrum that is used will likely provide poorer coverage than 4G as it doesn’t propagate as well, so the operators need to invest in a higher density of cells, so it unfortunately wont solve the coverage challenges you have. However, when you’re in 5G coverage, you’ll be amazed at the speed of the service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back