LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That appears to be what the converters are doing now when they fit a B2B with a smart alternator they connect the fridge to the Leisure battery/B2B output.

I think but not a 100% sure Carthago fit a Schaudt 25 amp B2B, not a B2B I'm a fan of of. I'll find out if the van ever arrives, if it is the case I'll leave the Schaudt unit to run the fridge and fit a decent B2B for the batteries.

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
That appears to be what the converters are doing now when they fit a B2B with a smart alternator they connect the fridge to the Leisure battery/B2B output.

I think but not a 100% sure Carthago fit a Schaudt 25 amp B2B, not a B2B I'm a fan of of. I'll find out if the van ever arrives, if it is the case I'll leave the Schaudt unit to run the fridge and fit a decent B2B for the batteries.
Unless it's changed for the 2025 model year you're getting :giggle: you'll get the 25amp Schaudt. Enough to run the fridge, and any a wee bit for the batteries. At least that's what we got on the 2021 Merc. Iveco got a split charge relay, so even less for the batteries!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Unless it's changed for the 2025 model year you're getting :giggle: you'll get the 25amp Schaudt. Enough to run the fridge, and any a wee bit for the batteries. At least that's what we got on the 2021 Merc. Iveco got a split charge relay, so even less for the batteries!
It's only a Compactline, a couple of years ago it did get mentioned in the chassis pack but not now, maybe they don't think it's necessary to mention it now.
If 15 amps is being used for the fridge it won't do much for 460ah of Lithium.

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
It's only a Compactline, a couple of years ago it did get mentioned in the chassis pack but not now, maybe they don't think it's necessary to mention it now.
Yes they said all vans get a "booster" in the marketing blurb - then in the E/S manual "depending on model", E had one above the batteries but spent ages looking in all the places I was told it would be on the S.....

460ah - it'll just about run the BT and LED's! Will you get much solar on the roof (they fit so much stuff up there hatches-sogs-ariels-fridge vents etc)?

OP
OP
Googlebot
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
10 amps left for everything else. :-(

Frustrating they don’t think about these things. At least Hymer whacked in a huge alternator, even if they didn’t provide a B2B in 2013.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
Update: I turned the solar off for a few days to run the battery down a bit. Then drove around this morning with my new Votronic 30a B2B. It is providing 30a... But only about half that when the fridge is on, so I guess it isn't a separate circuit. I've never checked, but I bet I was getting almost no charge whilst the fridge was on before.

I've also got myself an IR camera, so I could check for hotspots. The wiring was about 20C after half an hour, the Votronic's case was about 25C. Inside the vents it was considerably warmer at 65C according to the camera, but I guess that's why it's got a fan on such a small unit. If everything outside is cool, I think it's all good.
That’s the same on ours with the Victron 30, 25/28amps with fridge on and 30/32 off🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back