LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Has anyone had any longer term success with the wireless camera for reversing ?

Or are they still considered a less good option that wiring (even though that is a PITB)

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
The actual reversing was fine. It picked up signals from other sender however so would burst into life at odd times. It was a cheap far eastern one and a few years ago, things may have moved on?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Talk to this guy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
I have had 2 different wireless camera over 4 years using them as rear view cameras. Only issue was when either driving over underground high voltage lines or under high voltage lines.

The pain was powering the rear camera which had to be connected before and after each trip.

I’ve now changed to a wired one which is much simpler, power / video cable from dash into Ducato vehicle battery compartment then though a hole under the van and runs to the rear. I have a PVC so it comes back in at the bottom of the rear door as I have mine in the rear window but if you’re attaching to number plate for reversing then you don’t have the issue of getting back into the vehicle.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I have wireless now and it is sketchy (9.7 metres to transmit over).
Some have repeater box options on modern ones.

DRW above stock quality components.

Nov 17, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
I'm a Newbie
This is the one I bought:

I then added a second camera, flick between them by pressing a button on the side of the monitor. Not had any problems at all, no interference etc. I don't plug the monitor in until after I've started the engine and keep the "distance" camera on all the time as a rear view mirror and then switch to the down facing camera when I need to see how close I am to anything, but for the majority of the time the single rear facing camera gives enough field of view to be able to reverse without the second camera. So far it has really worked well, If I was buying again I'm not sure I'd bother with the second camera. Full disclosure: I did get a professional to wire in the cameras, I fitted everything, just got it wired in to ensure I didn't blow anything :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back