Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
It will be that time of year before too long.
What do any of you think about the various winterising washes that can be used , over winter.
Fenwick's etc al.
Do they make any difference to protecting the surfaces and making cleaning in the Spring any easier etc ?

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
We done a wash/wax of the exterior except roof for winter-ish storage (we actually use the van a lot in winter, but we are away for a month without use now). We didn't use any special product other than a normal car wash/wax treatment (which helps with making the next wash easily).

We do have some growth on the roof and also seek best treatment for it, but we couldn't actually treat it this wash as the neighbours had their cars where I needed the ladder yesterday. When we wash it next (in a month after next trip out) I expect to treat the roof with something.

At momment I use normal car snowfoam sprayed on with the snowfoam setting on pressure washer to assist in removing any growth/algae, works a treat ahead of a wash/wax.

We have used https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Kleen-Cherry-Snow-Foam-Wax/dp/B00T7YYP7O/?tag=mhf04-21 for last year as a pre-wash treatment with no ill effects (it's ph neutral so should be fine).

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I found a polymer sealant was good at keeping it clean ( self applied not the dealer stuff at exorbitant prices). I recently spoke to two car dealers about polymer sealants they both said that they weren't any better if you paid for professionally applied ones than off the shelf you're just paying a lot for the labour

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
I found a polymer sealant was good at keeping it clean ( self applied not the dealer stuff at exorbitant prices). I recently spoke to two car dealers about polymer sealants they both said that they weren't any better if you paid for professionally applied ones than off the shelf you're just paying a lot for the labour
Should add my wash/wax shampoo has some of this added (you apply this AFTER washing all the dirt off with snow foam and a brush/sponge off with a normal wash). https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diamondbrite-JU-265-500-Wax/dp/B01E8XVM7E?tag=mhf04-21

The above seems to keep the water beading for about 3-4 months. My van is not spotless ever as anyone who has seem it can verify, but the above 2 products I've linked do a passable job of minimising the wash effort required.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back