Winterisation for a flush dometic cassette, that is filled via the mains tank

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi Guys,

First time to winterisation,and looking on Youtube, the Thetford cassette, has another knozzle to drain down the flush. Sadly, the one I have a Dometic Ceramic CAssette, does not have that extra funnel to drain down the flush.

The flush is fed via the mains tank, and YouTubers state that the pump is not strong enough to get every bit of water out of the flush tank, and is vulnerable grrrrrrr!

So what do I do to get that water out then please?

Worried that 'i might crack the system, as with the taps and the showers, you can leave taps open until the last drips come out. with the internal electric flush, this is not something that you are able to do, so what would you all suggest please ? Thank you so much

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
With the drain valves open, holding the flush button pressed for a few moments should allow any water to drain away
That's what I do anyway and it's always worked for me.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Same as Figaro for me with my latest van and no problems over past 2 winters. Previous van had separate tank/small pump and that pump used to seize over winter needing freeing each time.

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi Guys!
I am taking Rennee out for her final holiday this week, for 10 days, then the plan is to Winterise her, but maybe use bottle water anyway on days trips out !

I have Bentley Cobbalt, quite a RARE Breed. Now I can only find ONE YELLOW TAP to flip out to drain down, what I suspect is the Hot Water Tank?

Does the Tank Water have NO Flip switch on it? mm So to drain this down, does it mean that the PUMP needs to be on, and then the cold water tank feeds into the boiler system, and then it all drains down into the one piping area ? NEED Help please ?, Do you put the pump on anyway with Taps all open to clear all the tanks please?.
Its kind of worrying me, as there has been a few days here in East Anglia, with a bit of FROST.
Your EXPERT advice is always appreciated on this forum
So Motorhome is a BENTLEY COBBALT 2 seater 6 metres

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just pump it dry never ever had a problem but a bit of anty freeze wil stop it freezing or cheep vodka
Just pump it dry out a salution in and pump it thrug
Or better still winterised the van and use it all year round
WB

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
From a review of a Bentley Cobalt:

On the subject of water, the Cobalt has an in-board water tank, which is fitted under the nearside front settee. To fill it, there’s an exterior wall socket and you have the choice of either using a submersible pump (fitted in a water container) or a special hose connector, to connect directly to a tap. That’s useful versatility, plus the in-board nature of the water tank means that it’s going to be better for winter use, with less risk of freezing-up.
It doesn’t have its own direct drain-down plug, though. Instead, to drain it you either have to run all the water through the taps and into the waste tank, or you can drain it down via the water heater’s drain down tap.

So flip the yellow drain valve into the "up" position, open all the taps in the van, turn on the pump until it is having no effect. Then leave taps open with yellow valve "up". Some people force air into the tap outlets ( use a balloon ) to blow back water but I don't bother. Leave shower hose on floor of bathroom to drain (with shower tap open).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back